Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
Ele bow is gonna be insane this next league, and it was already one of the best map runners imo. The leech wheel means you can probably drop LL AND blood magic gems so you can run added cold or whatever else. Plus lightning arrow buffs (lol) and the new bow turrets.

How are you guys planning to build casters this next league? I've been trying to make a noncrit GC build but every tree I come up with is awkward. EB/MoM/ZO will probably not be great anymore after the blood dance nerf, and going acro/eva doesn't make much sense unless you're going crit. I think armor with iron will might be the best but I'm worried it won't do enough damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008

Rakeris posted:

How expensive is it in normal leagues? 10+ ex?

It's not that bad, I'd guess 2-3ex shortly into the league for a decent one. Especially because not many people will be playing it next league. Just make sure you use curse on hit flicker, it completely makes the build.

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
I keep trying to make crit ele frost blades/lightning strike builds but I'm pretty sure reave will still be strictly better in almost every situation. gently caress reave

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008

Washout posted:

Tornado shot seems like the FOTM so of course I stumbled into it full steam ahead. All the gear upgrades I need (lioneyes, 6 link chest, rats nest etc.) seem stupid expensive. I have a pretty good 275 dps bow that I got for like 10 alts but my total currancy is probably only 30 chaos including all of my alts and stuff. What can I get to upgrade my gear that's affordable? I have capped merc resists and all that already but I'm a bit low on life at only 2800. But res all + life rings and belt are also expensive so I really don't know what to do.

Based on that bow price I'm guessing the crit is very low, I'd try to get a harbinger bow with 8+ crit and 250+ pdps for 10-20c. From there make sure you have decent jewelry and 30ms boots, other slots can be filled out with high life+2res pieces for a couple chaos each. That should put your life around 4k unless your tree is hosed. I'd probably shoot for rat's nest after that, lioneye's isn't good because you get so much accuracy from dex/passive tree anyway (plus the reflect thing).

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008

Firos posted:

I'm trying to think of a decent life-based ED/contagion build, and this is what I've come up with. It's triple curse so temp chains, enfeeble and vulnerability on blasphemy, as well as clarity if need be. Hence all the aura nodes. Maybe could get away with less -reserved?

Triple curse seems kinda bad to me, it's a huge investment for something that's useless against curse immune and fairly ineffective vs. bosses. Especially since ED plays kind of like poison arrow in that you cast once and just run around avoiding damage against dangerous dudes. If you really want to do the multi curse thing, I'd drop most of the aura stuff and stick with double curse. You could also look at RF/IW scion ED+cont builds, they do similar damage but are absurdly tanky and don't rely on curses at all.

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008

Firos posted:

That definitely sounds interesting, do you have a link at all?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1531854 I think this is a decent guide for explaining the basics, though I'd probably do the passive tree a bit different. I think going witch is just as viable though, especially on a new league where getting good ED jewels is gonna be much more difficult.

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008

Firos posted:

Looking at it, there's not really an easy way of getting the life regen as a witch is there? Scion definitely seems strong for what they're going for, and only gets stronger with ascendancy stuff.

Oops yeah, I meant doing a non-RF witch like you first linked as opposed to the scion build. Looking at the tree this https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...f5Uu-2Rzp8-LdI= seems pretty strong for an RF version, 217% life, 12% regen, and 10 jewel slots. Only problem is the scion ascendancies don't seem that strong for ED, I guess juggernaut and raider/deadeye could be pretty good.

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
They nerfed poison in the exact wrong way, incredible. Double dipping builds are still gonna be almost as broken as before, while phys builds using poison as intended get shafted.

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008

Vorenus posted:

Is this tree good for such a build?

You mean a spark build for endgame? If you wanna go scion I'd definitely do noncrit, you need to stack too many other weird stats(duration, pierce, proj speed). I'd probably go up to elemental overload with the other duration nodes, something like this https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...psj9p2qUuzVpk2S. You could also go crit with inquisitor or assassin, but at that point arc is probably better.

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
can someone invite dockam, looks like I got purged. thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
Are there still guild slots open? Could use an invite as dockam.

• Locked thread