Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So Agnerod West is being released, along with a new unique map "Vinktar Square." Hope it leads to something really awesome.

For those who don't want to look it up, there are 3 Agnerod uniques in the game right now (Agnerod North, Agnerod South, Agnerod East). They are all unique imperial staves with the same art, and all have almost exactly the same stats with 1 variable lightning mod. As is, they're all okay lightning staves but lacking compared to the staves anyone actually uses for spells at that level. The flavor text for them all say "One for each corner of the great Vinktar Square."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

If you don't mind the indirect combat, any variation of Raise Spectre builds, Summon Raging Spirits, and Flame Totem are all incredibly strong. Other builds that work well without budget that you can just pick up and play:

Melee: 2 handed melee weapon Cyclone/Ice Crash/Sweep, Fake Dual Wield Reave (Dagger in 1 hand + Axe/Mace in the other), Facebreaker Cyclone/Ice Crash
Non-caster ranged: Phys crit bow Split Arrow/Tornado Shot/Lightning Arrow/Ice Shot/Rain of Arrows/basically any bow skill, Kinetic Blast, Spectral Throw (good enough to beat the super hard endgame boss in a 1 month league right now despite everyone thinking it's bad, getting buffed in the patch)
Caster: Arc, Glacial Cascade, Flameblast, Ice Nova, Ball Lightning, Ethereal Knives, and maybe Firestorm are all in various states of okay-decent right now. Incinerate is by far the best but is getting nerfed ridiculously hard.
Other: Cast On Crit Cyclone is cheap to start out with, and the best totem/summon stuff will probably continue to be Flame Totem and SRS/Spectres, Poison Arrow (now named Caustic Arrow) and Explosive Arrow are also pretty easy to pick up and require very little gear, listed here because they work differently from the other bow skills
New things: New phys damage spells might be good, new chaos damage spells will probably be good, some kind of melee attack + buffed melee splash might be good, and who knows what else might emerge as a part of the meta

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Trapper clear speed was actually extremely good before the prolif nerfs. Fire Trap was up there as probably the 3rd best skill to spread ignite prolif after Flameblast and Detonate Dead, and was the one that was immune to reflect. It also was quite strong against bosses as you could just run in circles throwing down Multitrap - Flame Surge - Trap - Conc Effect for really good single target damage. I haven't heard anything about traps since prolif was nerfed though, as that was the primary trap build that was actually very strong.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I just looked at a page that listed some more detailed info about the challenges for the upcoming league and I didn't actually realize how you get a Kingmaker before.

Expect Soul Takers to hit like 15 exalts this league ahahahaha. On the plus side if you wanna make a support character this is probably the cheapest that Kingmaker will ever get. Also expect people to sell 15 quality chance to ignites for 30 chaos.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Pharnakes posted:

Doesn't make any difference. At least when I drop one to test it. Is it only supposed to work for stuff dropped from monsters that's never been picked up?

E: OK I seem to have found the problem. It does work, but only for a bout a second or so. And by the time I have finnished killing something it has all vanished. Is there a timeout setting somewhere?

You have to set your own game to show all items in the options. There's 2 ways to use item filters. If you tell your game to show items on the ground, it will only show items you have filtered to show. Then holding alt will also show all the items that got filtered out in case you want to check if there might actually be something you want. If you tell your game to use "hold button to see items," then it will use default behavior normally (show all currency for a second when it drops, otherwise show nothing at all), and then holding alt will apply your filter.

I use the latter and hold alt most of the time I'm playing out of pure force of habit from D2, but most people just use the former setting.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

How effective is the Poison support if I only run phys damage nodes? I'm currently running phys dagger ST and my 4L is ST - LMP - PPAD - FA. I don't particularly like Added Fire, don't think I need Phys to Lightning as anything more than a swap, so my main considerations for the 5th link are Poison and Crit Multi. If poison is effective enough, I can just stop using Hatred/Herald of Ash and just use defensive auras, which would probably be way more useful in the long run.

Also my damage feels pretty anemic right now with a like 170 dps dagger with only a crit multi roll at the end of merciless. I'm trying to work towards a Bino's since I found an exalt but they're selling for 2 ex minimum and I don't really have any currency right now besides the exalt.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

A level 1 poison gem comes out to a 12.5% more multiplier to physical+chaos dps without any other chaos damage%, damage over time%, or poison damage% modifiers. This increases by .5% per level of the poison gem.

So the answer is that, without some proper stuff to scale it's damage, it's worse than most other gem options.

Wait I don't think this is actually even right. Poison does 10% of phys as chaos per second for 2 seconds. So it's basically adding 20% of phys damage as chaos in the same way added fire or Hatred would, just over time. The only question is how the increased poison damage on it work, if it's multiplicative on the base damage since I have no other sources of scaling for the poison, or if +120% only works out to like 30% overall increase. I just kind of hate that so many ways to scale phys are extra damage of some other element, and they don't interact well with each other.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It was added in a patch with like 20 other low level unique rings/amulets, all equally garbage. They were meant for LLD PVP but no one with good LLD gear would actually think of using them.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

dps is damage per second. so it does 10% of phys+chaos as chaos per second (for two seconds) aka 10% more dps, the gem also comes with a 25% increase to poison damage done at first level. So it does 10 x 1.25 = 12.5% of phys+chaos damage as chaos per second, aka 12.5% more dps. This scales up with level, reaching 22% with a level 20 gem.

While I don't know exactly how all of the increases function on the added poison damage, the most conservative guess is that they are all added together (chaos damage% + damage over time% + poison damage%) and then multiplied against the "base" poison damage.

This would mean that, although the gem is weak by itself, with proper passive support it can end up being a 40% or more "more" damage modifier to physical+chaos dps. My own theoretical build ends up getting more than 60% more dps out of that single support gem.

And oh yeah, it's worth even more dps when you can stack it.

This is not how you calculate the damage because the poison damage stacks. You just have to take the total damage a single attack would do and average it out over number of attacks per second.

If your attack always does 100 damage and you always attack once per second, each attack will do 100 phys + 10 chaos per second over 2 seconds. This means each attack now does 120 damage before any poison modifiers. This means a 20% damage increase. Also every second you're attacking after the first, the monster is being affected by the past two poisons, meaning it's actually taking 120 damage per second, so the way you're trying to calculate it completely ignores what happens if you put more than one poison on an enemy in the first place. The only way you get 12.5% increase is if you assume poison only refreshes the previous duration and never stacks.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Also that's not even the concern about whether the gem is worth using or not. Taken at face value, the gem gives 25% of physical damage added as chaos to your attacks, scaling up to 44% at lvl 20. This is good for a support, especially given that chaos isn't easily resisted, and actually is IDENTICAL to what Added Fire Damage adds. No matter how you want to go through calculating DPS with various damage over time, you're just adding the total amount of the poison damage to the original damage per hit once you average it out.

Here's where my concern comes in. Suppose your skill tree has +300% physical damage on it, and no chaos or poison damage at all on it, so my damage is 400% of my base physical damage. For ease of calculation, let's say my base damage is 100 physical. I attack a monster and deal 400 damage to it, using a poison gem. Before the poison gem modifier is calculated, the game is giving a poison DoT with a physical base damage of 400, meaning 40 per second. This is fairly straightforward and I think it's very obvious if I attack a monster once for 400 physical, I'd be doing 40 chaos per second to it from poison. Say the poison gem is lvl 16, meaning +100% "increased damage with poison." My concern is how this increased damage with poison interacts with the +300% increased physical damage I already have on the tree. Will it ignore it completely, saying "you created an instance of poison damage that does 40 damage per second, add 100% to it to get 80 damage per second" or will it say "you created an instance of poison with +300% increased damage, we add +100% to that to get 400% increased damage on your base 100 damage, so you get a poison based on you having done 500 damage and get 50 damage a second." There's a huge difference between the two. The former would add 160 chaos damage to a 400 damage hit, giving +40% overall damage increase the latter gives 100 chaos damage, giving only a +25% damage increase. The reason this is unclear to me is because if you're getting +100% = double poison damage, that is effectively stacking multiplicatively with your phys damage modifiers, and in this game generally speaking everything that says "increased damage" only ever stacks additively.

It's a big concern because it looks like my tree will end up with something around +330% increased damage on Spectral Throw before any jewels. If the +120% poison damage from the Poison gem gives a poison damage based on additively increasing the base phys damage by 120%, it's not worth using at all. Also how does it interact with Frenzy charges? Does the base chaos damage over time also get multiplied by the Frenzy charge bonus on top of them multiplying the base damage that creates the poison effect? I would assume so based on how everything else works in the game but really have no idea.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I actually did the math. Warning: I'm bad at making Excel not look like garbage.

This is assuming no modifiers on the poison damage from Poison gem or skill tree. How I got each row:

1. Phys hit - Just put in 1000 damage hit every X seconds, based on number of attacks per second
2. Poison stacks - number of nonzero phys hit entries over the previous 2 seconds (8 entries)
3. Poison damage - 25 * number of current stacks of poison (this should be how much poison damage is done over the quarter second duration)
4. Damage this .25s - Sum of phys hit + poison damage entries
5. Total damage/previous second - sum of the last 4 damage this .25s entries

After a long period of time, the total damage/previous second always stabilizes to some value. This is the effective DPS that you would be doing. Adding poison without any modifiers always increases your DPS by 20%.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Arzachel posted:

More dumb questions, most crit builds I've looked at skimp on crit multiplier nodes. What do they use to make up for this, the crit damage support gem? Also, how much less necessary is mana/mana regen for casters compared to Warbands?

What nodes? I think Throatseeker is not in a great place on the tree and can be skipped just fine but for all the other crit/crit multi wheels if there's an option to take a route that uses 1 extra point to get to the important notable in the wheel and you get crit multi for it, every build does it. Crit damage support gem actually isn't that important now and is pretty much in line with all the other supports you could use. But trying to get to something in the 400-500% crit multi range with Maligaro's and a high crit multi amulet is still a goal of most crit builds. The ones that really push it go up to like 700%+.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Yeah the curse change is really sad to me since I actually own a 20/23 temp chains in standard.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Arzachel posted:

Yeah, I was thinking of the Throatseeker cluster. 400% seems way high though, since most I can reasonably get out of my passives is ~100-130%, Maligaro's and perfect mods on amulet and both weapons and Assasin's mark would still add only 210% on top.

The way crit multi works is it multiplies your base crit multi (150%) to whatever amount you have. So if you have +170% crit multi on gear and tree, you end up with 270% of your base crit multi, so 2.7 * 1.5 = 4.05.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Wow holy poo poo apparently you can use Bino's Kitchen Knife + Consuming Dark + Infernal Mantle with the poison support gem to get a very big poison DoT on a fire spell, then Bino's will proliferate that poison stack when the monster dies. It looks like it kills things extremely fast with Flameblast but the radius on Bino's spreading poison is low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ7uHaUJQNQ

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Also he says when he just throws down a no charge Flameblast on something at point blank the Bino's trigger regenerates like 40000 life this is amazing.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

The character is Anapoe over here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Alanti/characters

He doesn't make actual threads with build guides or anything. It has some really insane gear, with a +1 all gems Infernal Mantle and lvl 4 Empower. The character was converted from a pure chaos incinerate Blood Magic character so that's why it has so much life. Also while looking to see if he did make a build I found that the guy did make a guide for his Chaos Incinerator, also without ever making a thread listing actual skill tree or gear or anything, and ran Incinerate without LMP or GMP which is pretty hilariously bad.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

2h axes have more weapon range. Always cyclone with axes.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I'm not a fan of buying Aurseize if you're just starting out with magic find in general, at least not since the rarity went up and it's no longer like 5 chaos. Distillate on the other hand is a fantastic amount of IIR and IIQ in a slot that otherwise can't get any, and is the only completely irreplaceable MF piece. Up to you if you actually want to run MF though, I like to just get a character up and running first then add MF gear to it later, starting with IIR gem, flask, and jewelry then replacing other pieces as I can.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I mean I'll go back to do them for the sake of having done them but not until I'm like in the high 80s and they are easy. There's really no point in doing them earlier. At least the reward for clearing Kaom and Daresso is now a rare jewel, which is potentially useful. When it was just Dominus you just got a rare 66 map, which was only good for running on a lower level character.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I don't think there's anything wrong with dying and learning about the oneshots. A lot of bosses have them and they're all very choreographed. You will see more of them in the future with more content expansions. For reference:

-Brutus ground slam (most characters can survive Brutus in A1 at the point they reach him in all 3 difficulties, but the map one can easily oneshot you when you first reach lvl 68 maps)
-Vaal ground slam
-Kole ground slam
-Dominus Touch of God
-Voll ground slam
-The Burning Man death explosion
-Malachai dive under the ground and reemerge explosion (this one is actually not very obvious that it's a oneshot explosion move when you first see it)
-Atziri double Flameblast
-One of the Redblade bosses fire explosion (you will probably never see this because of Warbands no longer normally spawning)
-Primordius ground slam (giant bear that shoots fireballs, one of the t3 talisman bosses)

These all have long windups and no matter how tanky you are you shouldn't expect to survive them. Just learn the windup animations and dodge. You might be able to survive some of these in normal content with a really tanky character but you shouldn't expect to just tank them and the map versions of the bosses will not be tankable. There's also probably plenty more I missed, oneshots with long windups are just a thing the game expects you to adapt to.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

FYI Shrapnel Shot and Siege Ballista have improved early game for Ranger immensely. If you're trying to use Split Arrow or Rain of Arrows or Frost Shot before getting Tornado Shot you really should try to use those instead.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Vaal Lightning Strike - Multistrike - pick 2 other supports (WED, Increased Duration, Phys to Lightning, Lightning Pen).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2xY71dIzz0

Not nearly enough people use this gem.

E: Lvl 18 Vaal Lightning Strike does 120% weapon attack as base damage, and shoots 10 bolts for 60% each. This is 720% of weapon damage in one swing unsupported, can store 3 charges that all stack on top of each other. Add that to the multiplicative damage increases of Multistrike and other supports, add on the ability to shock if you're critting or have a node that allows shock, and the effects of any duration increases scaling up the number of bolts. If you don't need more than 3 VLSes to kill a boss, it does like quadruple the damage of any single target setup on a non-Vaal skill.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 15, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

A lot of guides are pretty bad. Added Fire is generally not a very good gem because it does not scale with Hatred or Herald of Ash which everyone uses.

There's a good chance Faster Attacks is one of the most efficient links, and I don't personally feel like Increased AoE is mandatory on Ice Crash but that's up to personal preference.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Very late since I didn't look at SA over the long weekend, but for those of you who were asking about tanking Dominus's Touch of God, I've generally been able to tank the A3 Merciless one with a tanky character and take around 3500-4000 damage, but I've never not gotten oneshot by the Residence (lvl 76 map) one. Take from that what you will, from my experience it feels like the map versions of bosses are all significantly faster than their normal versions on top of their oneshot attacks actually oneshotting you, so learning to dodge them will be very important once you get to higher levels anyways. My first and only attempt at Conservatory Vaal in a party of 6 ended with me not reacting fast enough to get out of the way of a second laser after the first one hit me, which was never at all a concern in normal progression, and it was not a turbo or boss turbo map.

On the other hand, I probably have died a lot more to Kole in the normal game than the map Kole because I always assume map Kole will oneshot me with ground slam but sometimes I feel like I can tank the A3 Kole when I can't.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

If you care about prices of items, look them up on poe.trade (set online only, buyout only checkboxes). Sort by price by clicking the currency icon in the lower left of any of them. If you see a lot of items at 1c or less unsold, that item is basically unsellable and you should keep it only if you think you'll use it for something. Otherwise, keep/sell, up to you.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

A price check cause I don't know what ES gear is worth:

Also I found a Faminebind. Is it worth making a Retch to use on my ST character? Just using a high life/resists/some WED belt at the moment.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Jack the Lad posted:

Consuming Dark is probably out of my price range at the moment, unfortunately, unless I can convince one of my buddies to get it for me.

Have you played that build? It sounds pretty strong - how is it?

Consuming Dark + Infernal Mantle + literally any fire spell + poison/chaos synergies is ridiculously strong right now.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

If you just want a particular unique then don't race for it but the value of the alternate art will add a good premium so it's not like you're spending all the time racing for and item only worth 10c.

Likewise the prices of useful and nice looking alternate arts goes up over time for obvious reasons, so if you want to get them while they're cheap it is a good opportunity for making currency in the future I guess.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Kild posted:

You only need jewellers.

This is obviously jewelers, as 350 fusings for under 50 chaos is... ridiculously ambitious.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

What's the deal with not identifying unique two-stone rings? I've seen people freak out about it in chat but there's tons of them on .trade for a handful of chaos. What am I missing?

It's part of the challenges where people are paying multiple exalts for a rare item unidentified when the item itself becomes worth way less after you identify it. It's not nearly as bad as some other items but the Two-Stone Ring in question, Call of the Brotherhood, is worth a bit less than an exalt while the unidentified one is worth 2 exalts for the challenge.

It looks like the prices have settled out at ~1 exalt premium for the harder to get uniques for the challenge, because like 2 weeks ago people were buying Allure unidentified for like 5-8 exalts and now it's down to 1 exalt (the item is completely worthless garbage).

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

If you are looking at getting a Lioneye's Glare be aware that the never miss part of its effect applies to reflected damage, so all physical reflect will become very dangerous if you are pure evasion and no armor.

Also are you using reasonable support gems for your Tornado Shot? You should be using Greater Multiple Projectiles - Physical Proj Attack Damage - Tornado Shot at a minimum, with various good possibilities for a 4th link.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I got stuck in a corner in a pack of like 20 Frost Bearers on a -max resist Necropolis Map. I am clearly not the kind of player to play HC when I do poo poo like that.

Also sometimes I like doing stupid poo poo like trying to kill a +boss damage +boss speed Academy map boss on a crit + crit multi map. It's pretty obvious I'm gonna die basically immediately to it but I just want to see how bad it is. On the other hand I did -max resist double boss Shipyard boss pretty easily for the twinned kill, that boss is way easier than it deserves to be for the map tier.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

You want like 140%-150% life from nodes in the end and you should put life on gear slots that can get them. The gear alone will only get you to like 3200.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Today I liquidated literally all the currency in my entire stash to lower my tooltip DPS and maximum life.

And it was good.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Flicker works for HC. It's actually not inherently less tanky than typical melee 2H builds. There's just a problem with not being able to react when you flicker into something dangerous, which you can somewhat mitigate by just playing in a certain way and being very tanky.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Xequecal posted:

Is Chaos Inoculation basically required for caster builds in this game? Like, I don't understand how you would sustain combat effectively without it, because you get screwed on leech either way. If you take Ghost Reaver, you're kind of screwed if you run into a bunch of chaos damage because you have no way to leech your life back and your flasks only go so far. But if you don't take it, you basically lose all your EHP three seconds after any real fight starts.

I got that unique jewel that gives you +60% damage with no mana reserved and a The Whispering Ice to drop so I figured I could do a build around those two things like this. >200% life, >200% energy shield and almost 150% evasion rating. Just wear DEX/INT gear and you're survivable as hell and also have good damage. But honestly I don't know if it's even viable at all with the chaos damage issue.

Chaos Inoculation, and Energy Shield in general is actually much more rarely used for casters than for attack builds. Most casters are pure life based. Once you get to a certain point in high mana costs, you have to use either Blood Magic or Eldritch Battery to sustain the mana cost of your skills. With Eldritch Battery, you are going to use Mind Over Matter to get more effective life, but you are still going to have as big of a health pool as you can get and the ES pool just needs to be big enough to sustain your skills and take some big bursty hits.

Hybrid builds work, but you need to get your chaos resistance up. Most hybrid builds will have a pool of 2500-3500 life and 6000 energy shield when geared up. You use Ghost Reaver to keep your ES up and flasks to heal your life, but like you said, chaos damage is an issue. If you have over 0 chaos resistance, though, no chaos damage should be too much to react to with instant healing potions. What is generally considered the most powerful build in the game right now is a hybrid build.

Low life builds are just Chaos Inoculation without the Chaos Inoculation. They rely on Shavronne's Wrappings to mitigate the chaos damage, which is why it's one of the most expensive uniques. They can reserve life to get more auras and gain some other benefits, a few attack builds also use Blood Magic keystone since attacks have low enough mana costs you can sustain purely off your like 200-300 unreserved life with some regen and the keystone lets you use a few more auras.

The jewel that gives +damage with no mana reserved is used primarily for Blood Magic builds. No mana = you can never have any mana reserved. Also sometimes people don't reserve any mana with Infernal Mantle + Consuming Dark fire -> chaos builds due to the drawback of Infernal Mantle (sometimes I see these builds go Blood Magic, sometimes I see people just straight up not reserve anything), and again those tend to be pure life based.

Whispering Ice should probably be CI. I don't see any reason to passive points on life for Whispering Ice when you want to get as much int as you possibly can, which increases your ES pool. Also I don't think Whispering Ice builds tend to have any reason to use Clear Mind.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Xequecal posted:

That's actually the main reason I hate CI, every single one of those builds wastes like 15-25 points just getting down to that part of the tree for Unwavering Stance. Scion looks like the least wasteful but you're literally spending 20 points for 2 jewel sockets, 30 int, 28 resist all, and unwavering stance.

I'm really kind of shocked at the idea that you can't regenerate enough mana normally to cast endgame spells. My only lategame char is the molten strike one that has one <30 mana skill. I did the math on this Witch char and it regens 85 mana/second while completely naked, does Icestorm in the endgame really suck up much more mana than that?

First screenshot I found of a tooltip just looking at witch section on official forums:

~200 mana per second used (25 base mana cost on his Bladefall).

Other popular/previously popular self cast spells:
-Ethereal Knives costs 8% less mana and casts 25% faster, so it spends ~1.15x as much mana
-Ice Nova costs 24% more mana and casts ~9% slower: ~1.12x the cost
-Ball Lightning costs 8% more mana and casts at the same speed
-Arc and Glacial Cascade have the same cost and cast speed as Bladefall (4% more at lvl 20)
-Blade Vortex costs 24% less mana and casts 60% faster, ~1.21x the cost
-Shock Nova costs 4% more mana and casts 6.25% slower, 0.975x the cost
-Firestorm costs the same as Shock Nova

Basically you need somewhere between 200 and 250 mana regen per second to constantly self cast spells.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Totems are all really expensive but at least you don't have to spam them.

This is one of the reasons why no one uses Mines. It costs like 400 mana to drop a single Mine when fully leveled and linked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

JawnV6 posted:

I'm not following, if it's 103 mana and 0.26s cast time (3.8cast/sec), shouldn't it be closer to ~400? Or is spell echo making that math less than straightforward?

I have a bladefall witch at level 69 following some guide. I'm around 90 mana/s in the character sheet, it's not enough without leeching from blasphemy warlord's mark.

Spell Echo means you don't spend mana on every other cast since the tooltip shows how fast the spell casts are but each individual "action" you perform is 2 casts of the spell.

• Locked thread