Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Jesus apparently Helmann would have gotten first in that BLAMT race except he died to Malachai at around 4:07, Steel ended up killing Malachai at 4:14. And of course Steel and Fightgarr are the first two to finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Seems like pretty much everyone will take Alira if they're crit or Oak if they're not crit, and Kraityn will be a fallback if you don't crit AND don't do phys damage. And even then choosing between Oak/Kraityn/Alira would still be an actual decision point.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

silvergoose posted:

What does that do to vaal fb or spark?

Half as many projectiles.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

You're better off farming the last zones than going into maps anyways. At lvl 57, a T1 map only gives 38% of the normal exp. I think the last zone ends at lvl 57? You can level up to 66 in a lvl 57 zone with only up to a 2% exp penalty (lvl 65 gets 98% of the normal exp from lvl 57 monsters). Once you're 66 jumping into maps should be ok.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I got tilted into oblivion seeing Zizaran and his chat's reaction to the unique balance changes, so please don't give me an aneurysm and actually think about them this way:

Emberwake: This actually got a huge buff. The Double Ignite jewel for Burning Arrow singlehandedly made the damage from Burning Arrow competitive with other skills, and Emberwake lets you do that to all traditional ignite skills now (Fireball, Flameblast, Oro Flicker, etc). The only thing that got nerfed is the interaction with Taming, which means GGG obviously doesn't want Emberwake to exist only to work with Taming. This isn't a bad thing. Hell, they know that the only thing people used the two rings for was to abuse together, and that killed the server, so instead they're just remaking Emberwake and buffing Taming.

Grand Spectrum: Previous design was poo poo. There is no reason to have a set of 3 jewels that work with each other, but work just as well with more copies of themselves with no limit. No matter what the numbers or effects on Grand Spectrums, this guaranteed that no one would ever use more than 1 kind of Grand Spectrum in a build. This inherently leads to a situation where 1 jewel is worth a lot and the other 2 jewels are worth absolutely nothing because no build would ever want to use them over the "good" one. You could argue "what if one was phys damage and one was ele damage," but then no one would want to use both in the same build, so it's still a total poo poo design to have them work together. Don't get me wrong, new Grand Spectrum is weak and probably won't be used, but is a way better design. And the fact that it's weak can be fixed by changing the limit to 4 or 5 instead of 3, since from what I can tell a build that actually tries to get every single Jewel socket it can gets something like 13 or 14 max.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I normally don't watch streams at all I just wanted to see what builds people were trying and see how far Ziz had gotten on map progression.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

funmanguy posted:

It doesnt suck now, but the main way to use it is scaling bleed/poison right now. With the scaling going away from that, it might be bad.

It doesn't suck but is definitely underwhelming considering how good it looks when you see the base DPS. It noticeably underperforms Disfavour with Lacerate/Warchief/Cyclone and also can't be used with Earthquake.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Yeah each attack has a crit roll from 1 to 100. If your crit chance on that attack is 75%, the game just checks if your roll was greater than 25. So if you roll a 40, and the melee part has 75% crit chance, while the projectile has 50% crit chance, the game will say "is the crit roll over 25? Yes? Melee part crits. Is the crit roll over 50? No? Ranged part doesn't crit."

I believe assassin's mark just adds a flat number to your crit roll, while lucky crits just rolls your crit twice per attack and takes the higher number.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

You're supposed to use Barrage. Burning Arrow goes up to 184% base damage, Frenzy is around 130%, and Barrage is over 240%. Barrage also scales ridiculously with extra projectiles.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

dead in real life posted:

So, pardon me as a newer player, but each new League ultimately means you're starting from scratch? It just sort of feels like going all League all the time means you're in an eternal rat race that keeps resetting, whereas Standard lets you actually keep a character you like. Am I off-base somehow? Truly want to know.

You will not want to keep progressing your character past 3 months, trust us. The game is not really meant for your character to be able to keep progressing meaningfully after 3 months. That's the main thing people coming into this game from other grinding based RPGs like MMOs miss out on. GGG has said before they have a lot of trouble getting the Asian market to play in the leagues, because Korean MMOs have ingrained in them a need to grind a character for 3000 hours over 5 years slowly getting better gear.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

The crit is fine on that wand if anything the attack speed is the issue.

Also no one is loving playing a phys wand build right now, it's all ele wand Pathfinders with generic elemental pen.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Prophecies that affect a zone but don't have to be in a specific zone will trigger randomly when you enter a zone, or at least kind of. The actual way it works is the prophecy generates a random list of zones the moment you pick it up, and then will 100% trigger when you enter a zone in that list, which is effectively random but it's to prevent people from doing cheesy things and means you can't just keep making instances of the same zone 100 times until the prophecy triggers there. This means any prophecies that put things like masters, special packs of monsters, warbands, Vaal side areas, etc in the zone. Triggering these removes the prophecy from your prophecy loadout.

Prophecies that affect a SPECIFIC zone and affect the zone will always trigger the moment you enter that zone. Again, this is only prophecies that actually modify things in the zone. If a prophecy asks you to kill a specific boss, but otherwise doesn't modify the zone that the boss is in, then it doesn't have to trigger. Triggering these removes the prophecy from your prophecy loadout.

Prophecies that don't modify any actual zone but trigger off a specific thing happening will always happen when triggered, but are not consumed until you actually perform the action stated in the prophecy. These are usually ones asking you to kill a specific boss, kill a specific type of rare monster, click on a thing, or use a particular kind of currency.

Prophecies that just say "you will find a X" trigger randomly when you kill a monster. These have no deterministic qualities at all, and are just a die roll whenever you kill something. The most notable of these for me is the one that gives you a 20 quality gem, but I know there are a few others that trigger this way and I don't remember them off the top of my head. Again, these are only removed from your prophecy loadout when they actually trigger.

E: Whether or not purple text for the prophecy will appear is somewhat random based on which particular prophecy it is. Prophecies that modify the zone always show up in purple text because they are consumed as soon as you enter the zone. Prophecies that don't modify the zone may or may not show up in purple text on a very inconsistent basis (you'll get purple text for prophecies asking you to kill a particular boss wearing a particular unique, but you won't get purple text for say the prophecy that asks you to kill Queen Atziri to get a Vaults of Atziri when you run an Atziri map).

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 28, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ah the classic "no idea how that got there we didn't plan to do this" after a massive negative community reaction to that text SOMEHOW making its way into the game.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

zxqv8 posted:

Blight is fine and good as long as you don't overcook it.

I'm convinced that people think it sucks because they hold it down until poo poo is dead, somehow forgetting that it's a DOT (albeit, a short duration one) and that they can move on after it ticks two or three times for most targets.

No, people also think it sucks because it needs 6 stacks to start dealing more than ED at the same level.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

That's actually the thing I liked the most about Maplestory when I was a teenager. The ability to buy 2000 potions and go to a map and just kill respawning monsters while ignoring everything else for 4 hours at a time.

I'm glad they're removing leaguestones because while they add a lot of stuff, they're absolutely miserable for gameplay.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

There's minimal difference between Necro Support and Necro SRS anyways. It's mainly in your gem links.

Basically the difference is dedicated Necro Support has like 5 different nodes on the tree and also applies 4 curses to every enemy while triggering elemental equilibrium. Both builds will quadruple the dps of anyone standing near them.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Actually you take the Blood Magic keystone. No one does dedicated LL Necro support reserving both mana and life when Blood Magic keystone is way more efficient.

My Necromancer in Legacy ran Hatred, Envy, Anger, Wrath, Discipline, Haste, Vitality, Purity of Elements, and lvl 1 Clarity (just for the extra Commander of Darkness buff). Naturally, Hatred, Envy, Anger, and Wrath were all supported with Generosity and I had 66% aura effect on the tree.

E: For the record if you want to replicate it in 3.0, Getting all 9 of those auras requires either a special -reservation unique (Skyforth, Alpha's Howl, not entire sure if the Conqueror jewel gets you there) on top of all the standard -reservation nodes you take as a Necro support, or a helmet with IIRC the 4% or higher reduced mana reserved Essence craft. And I think you need some lvl 3 Enlightens. If you're pure support and want to optimize further, you can push it even more by using Prism Guardian, a -mana reserved enchant, and dropping Envy, which should let you run some combination of the single element purities and maybe fit in Grace. Skyforth doesn't work cause it disables your life regen so you can't use skills (you obviously sustain skills off life regen + blood magic), and Alpha's Howl is also an option for helmet, might be better than Prism Guardian but I'm not exactly sure. Using both is of course a bad idea because then you'll have no ES.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 26, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Sorry I meant for the dedicated Necro supports.

E: Oh you're right it's about a 50/50 split between Keystone and just LL with BM gems. I think you do lose 1 aura if you stick 3 50%s in Prism Guardian as non-keystone, and like 2-3 auras if you use a rare shield, but it's fine.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Power charges: It makes sense for Power charges to give another bonus, and 4% more spell damage is probably the most logical one. Also, lowering the crit chance given is fine because I don't like how much of your crit chance comes purely from Power charges as is in the game in the first place, and acting like this ruins all attacking Uniques/ascendancies that generate power charges is dumb, because it's a nerf to crit in general and the charges still do something.
Frenzy charges: Well if they add spell damage to Power charges, they had to remove it from Frenzy charges. There are some uniques that probably should be modified for this change, especially Tinkerskin, but acting like Frenzy charges now do nothing with those uniques is really stretching it.

My overall problem with the complaints is that if they kept the crit chance from PC at 50%, no one would complain about how Power Siphon and Hegemony's Era "don't work any more," because that statement is just straight up wrong. Likewise, if they reverted Frenzy charges to 5% aspd/cast speed without any damage on them, no one would complain about how Tinkerskin and Tulfall "don't work," but that's how Frenzy charges always worked and that's effectively what they're doing to them for casters anyways. It's not good that you always feel incredibly gimped when you don't have a way to consistently generate Frenzy charges for a caster or don't have a way to generate Power charges for an attacking build. They'll still be big losses if you can't generate them, but it won't be as bad now.

Shock/Chill: This actually works exactly the same as it does right now, except instead of scaling from 0.25s duration up to like 4 second duration, always at full effect, it now scales from 20% effectiveness up to 100% effectiveness, always at 4 second duration. Numerically, the amount of damage you need to do to shock/chill and how much increased shock/chill effect (currently inc duration) impacts them is exactly the same. Yes, GGG said they would make bosses easier to shock and this is wrong with the current implementation of the new shock system. But don't act like things got worse. The point of the changes was obviously to nerf the amount of shock/chill you could apply to enemies for free with AA/Vinktar/VLT/Vortex, and to make "increased effect of ailments" more meaningful of a stat. The change accomplishes the nerf well. I fully expect it to be changed in some way to address the "you should be able to shock bosses you couldn't before" by the time 3.0 is actually out.

• Locked thread