Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Every time I've used it I've run Grace to have minimum 10000 evasion. The only annoyance is being in towns where your auras are turned off. If you're not using Grace you'd have to be using a really good shield for justify wearing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

As a pretty much exclusively Ranger player: the new Ranger ascendancy looks absurdly broken and I love it.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So I have never done Atziri before and was at a level that I felt like I might as well learn, since I didn't have any exp to lose. Made a bunch of dumb mistakes, mostly just tanking hits in the split phase, and died a couple of times. The pre-Atziri bosses were easier than I remember them being in my previous attempts. I accidentally killed both melee guys in the Vaal trio first and it didn't really matter since the last one didn't kill me instantly or anything and I was getting easy flask charges.

Best drop + achievement + challenge completion triple value hype.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Xequecal posted:

I found a jewel with an increased attack speed mod and three crit mods for daggers, (8% increased attack speed with daggers, 10% increased global critical strike chance, 16% increased critical strike chance with one handed melee weapons, 10% increased critical strike multiplier) is this worth as much as I think it is?

Yes, 4 relevant damage mods starts in the multiple exalt range. Since they're for dagger and I think crit/crit multi is considered the best stats for dagger, I'd guess it's probably worth minimum 4-5 exalts.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Yeah I hit lvl 92 and by the latter half of lvl 91 I had no T10 maps left over and still don't have any T10 or higher. Just ran dozens of T7s and T8s quickly to grind out the last few bits of exp, with the occasional T9 when I got a drop that wasn't Malformation or Underground River (I can actually die to the Malformation boss and Underground River has the actual worst layout of any map in the game). Basically GGG believes that T11 is about the breakpoint of where you should be able to sustain easily, those maps being worth 8-9 chaos. GGG expects you to spend somewhere between 5 and 10 chaos worth of your own currency on each T11 map as a currency sink to try to get good maps to sustain T11 at a baseline. Anything above that (red maps) is basically expected as a luxury thing you get to run once in a while.

At 92 I just started running Atziri. I'm still too lovely to have completed an Atziri run without dying but I don't come close to using all the portals any more so it's an improvement over when I started.

I think GGG and most of the community believes that easy to sustain maps ruins the economy because if I had to guess something like 90+% of chaos orbs that actually get used are spent on maps. Also GGG wants people to not be able to hit lvl 100 quickly, even though that has shown to not be meaningful because every time they nerf leveling to lvl 100 quickly people push to 100 even faster. There's a problem with people getting burned out on the game because they hit the 70s and try to run higher tier maps until they just die to everything if it's easy to get higher tier maps, but I feel like this is something that you can easily run into in D3 right now by setting a higher difficulty/trying to run a higher GR level than you can handle and it's not a problem in that game. I also think the problem of people quitting because of not having maps is way higher than people quitting because maps are too hard.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Pharnakes posted:

The secret is to have a build that can do any map mods. I am more or less sustaining high tier maps (prehaps 1/4-1/3 of the maps I run are T11, teh rest 12+), just by spending 4 chisels an alch and a vaal on each, with a scouring if appropriate. If it rolls really poo poo I will chaos it, but that's probably less than 1/10 of my maps that a chaos. The other thing I do is use 1-3 sac frags on my t12+ maps, 14 or 15 I will always use 3 frags, 12-13 I use only 1 or 2 unless it has crazy good rolls.

This is the first time I've ever got to maps, so I dont know how valid that advice is for later once things get balanced, but for this league there is no excuse, LA voltaxic and ChaosBlast are cheap and incredibly powerful builds that can safely vaal maps and not give a gently caress what mods turn up. I have failed a grand total of 1 map so far, which was a 200% inc damage, crit, turbo boss excavation that just didn't allow me any room to maneuver and cast flameblast. Everything else has been plenty doable.

The assumption is you can do every map mod. My current build can do every map mod except no leech and Ele Reflect, and the huge chaos sink is rolling into 80+% quantity with double pack size mods on every 12+ map. And the drops are just made to not be reliable from 12+ no matter what you do.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

The only really good unique from the race season is Whispering Ice at the 100 point tier.

If you beat Malachai you get 100 points. 24 hours to beat normal Malachai in a race with no damage mods and 20 strongboxes in every zone. Then you don't have to race any more for the rest of the season.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Yesterday I had someone ask about buying a T15 map from me. He joined my hideout, put the currency in the trade window, then immediately closed the trade window and left my party and stopped responding to messages.

Is this some kind of thing to get your account information to hack it?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Well it's only 4 affixes and 1 is a brick, but lmao:

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Questions about low low life tri blasphemy build:

1. Temp Chains or Poacher's Mark? 3 Frenzy charges give me 20% more dps, I'm not sure how good the flask charge gain is because I'm wearing a +flask charge belt and using Warmark already.
2. How to balance ES and stun immunity? I switched from using an Eye of Chayula to a +1 curse amulet. I have 7200 ES right now because I'm wearing a Prism Guardian, and if I switch from Rainbowstride to Lioneye's Paws I'd go down to like 6700 ES (and get 2 free stat points which I could use on 6% ES nodes). Stun immunity is a pretty big deal but 7200 is already not a good ES pool and 6700 seems like way too little to me.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It absolutely requires a Shavronne's Wrappings, so you need to have a lot of currency to start with. I decided to make a LL character because I had enough currency saved up to buy a 6L Shavronne's (worth like 17 exalts).

Also depending on what uniques you are using, you need 2-3 other big ES pieces to have enough ES to work with. I'm using 190 ES gloves and the Uber Atziri mask, both in the 50 chaos-1 exalt range. Basically don't expect to be able to play LL without spending around 10 exalts. The base price of Shav's is 7 exalts or so and there's no point in playing the build without at least a 5L Shav's. I'm using decent ES gear in hat, glove, and boot slots right now, while Prism Guardian in the shield slot barely gives anything. If I were to actually swap my boots out for Lioneye's Paws, I'd probably really want to spend another 5 exalts on a helmet upgrade with 400+ ES to cover the loss. Also note that you probably want to wear Dream Fragments and Eye of Chayula/Lioneye's Paws, and none of those items have good resists so you need to find gear that covers your resists while having a lot of ES on them.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Per Chris on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3ym2ut/ascendency_supporter_pack_classes_artwork/cyeto7x?context=3

There's no artwork for Scion's ascendancy. This means it's not a static tree. The most straightforward explanation is that she uses Ascendancy points from other classes, therefore the artwork will just show whatever other Ascendancies she is getting points from.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I got the twinned T14 clear and the map Vaal Oversoul kill achievements:

How do you sell crafting bases?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

If you mean whites or what not I think you list the chaos amount and then do .083 for ilv 83 084 for ilv 84 etc etc.

Do they actually "sell?" Like how do I price them and how many people actually actively buy them?

Also, 3 deaths, 1 crash on load, was very scared I would run out of portals:

gently caress this fight.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I for one look forward to having things to spend 2 chaos on with all my decent maps rather than only spending 10c at a time on the most expensive maps which I feel like are barely even worth running due to cost.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Things will get hammered out. Necromancer really shouldn't go live as is because if you use any generic shield and pop a Rumi's Concoction you get very close to block capped with no block nodes and Rainbowstride from Bone Offering. Also you get massive amounts of life gain on block. It's the tankiest ascendancy for basically no investment/no effort.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Vaal Spark got demolished, Bladefall got nerfed slightly in every possible way.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Are you ignoring the extra curse + nearby enemies have -20% chaos resist on Occultist? Because that's by far the most straightforward Ascendancy to go with CA.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Infinite Monkeys posted:

The clouds don't stack so I think the extra projectile would be pretty useless. The AOE's nice but doesn't seem worth it, and accuracy is basically useless. Occultist would be great for ES but seems kinda lovely for life, since malediction doesn't give you any damage and profane bloom is pointless because CA already has crazy pack clearspeed. Maybe Trickster with Shade Form but no ES on gear, for 20% more evasion (!) in combat and 500 flat evasion, plus patient reaper for crazy life regen and more damage. CA can't leech so crazy dodge and regen seems like a good alternative.
e: Or maybe Scion could allow for way better pathing, maybe get the marauder life and stuff then start at ranger or shadow.

You use Malediction so you can double curse with both Enfeeble and Vulnerability to give a huge survivability and damage boost. And in terms of tree, this is something I just threw together on the spot. Left side of LiftingNerdBro's popular MF Scion, right is a Witch tree I just threw together. It has slightly more overall damage, life, and mana, and gains Alchemist and +15% aoe on the tree while losing 1 Frenzy charge, evasion, mana regen, and life regen. The only real issue I feel would be the inability to sustain Blood Rage off natural regen. You could probably work something out reasonably well if you want to get Blood Rage too. Also you get way more int on the tree but less dex and strength, which is nice since a lot of your supports need a lot of int and I don't think any important ones need a lot of strength.

Realistically speaking you should never make a dedicated MF character be ES-based any more. Greed's Embrace, Goldwyrm, Perandus Blazon, and Aurseize are all things you will wear if you own and don't give any ES (Wondertrap would be your LL boots but don't really give ES either). You won't be using ES rings either. The only flex spots are shield and helmet for MF, and you obviously can't use a shield with CA. You only wanted to go ES-based back when Greed's Embrace and the IIQ shield didn't exist since those were slots you couldn't really get much IIQ/IIR in anyways, but Greed's is way too big of a bonus to give up.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Thanks, I'd forgotten about Greed's Embrace. Are there any MF builds that don't use totems or traps but have a usable movement skill? With greed's embrace + aurseize, not having a movement skill is going to be poo poo.

When I played MF Poison Arrow Ranger (before it was renamed Caustic Arrow) I used Blink Arrow and a Quicksilver Flask. If the movement speed is annoying you can just use a rare glove with like 30% IIR on it and better resists/life than Aurseize (that's what I did). I cursed with GMP Ice Shot Curse on Hit Vuln and used Grace + Clarity for auras but if I were making the build today I'd just drop Grace for Blasphemy Enfeeble while probably keeping the Curse on Hit Vuln. Also I was using pre-nerf Blood Dance to sustain Blood Rage, since I didn't run over 4% life regen on the tree anyways. To be honest you could probably drop the Frenzy charges and get something else while using manual Frenzy to get charges on high hp monsters.

Also I totally forgot the other reason you should go life MF: when people were running ES MF builds Divination Distillate wasn't a thing yet. It is very annoying/hard to get Divination Distillate active when you kill monsters with no life.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It wasn't nerfed at all, the damage was slightly less than doubled and the number of hits was halved. It should do pretty much exactly the same damage after accounting for armor.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

climboutonalimb posted:

Okay, I think I've settled on a max block hybrid Necro (mother of sacrifice) Spectre build. Hopefully the 100% spectre damage node from necromancer ascendancy makes up for the loss of flesh offering.

I think most people will just be using Flesh Offering for most things and then Bone Offering for map bosses so you don't really have to make such a big tradeoff.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Vorenus posted:

Ele spec throw is supposed to be good again? and I'd kind of like to do the one listed in Bugsy's link.

Uniques are Maligaro's, Rat's nest, and Belly of the Beast. Having never mad eit beyond A3M in Standard, is this a bad idea/unaffordable?

Crit builds get very expensive but you can play with just random poo poo that has life/resists on it. If you're playing ele as long as you have a weapon with good crit chance and attack speed you'll be okay.

E: The big thing is actually jewelry. Most builds can get by with resists and life on jewelry, maybe some mana or WED rolls help. Crit elemental attack builds want Diamond rings with high WED rolls and flat elemental damage, as well as covering resists. These cost multiple exalts each for good ones. Amulets you need some combination of flat damage, 300+ accuracy, 30%+ crit multi (45% post 2.2 because of the numbers being different), 30+% crit chance, 30+% WED. 4 of those stats on one amulet will end up costing you like 5 exalts. Also belts with 30% WED and 100% total resist + 90 life are multi-exalts as well. Unlike most builds that aren't crit attack builds, jewelry for a crit attack build basically entirely defines how much damage you do since everything else is much cheaper.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 1, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

I've heard somewhere, could someone please confirm, is base critical strike multiplier being dropped from 150% to 100%?

No it works exactly the same, the numbers just look 1.5x as much. Right now your base critical multiplier is 150% and if you get +50% critical multiplier on gear the number on your stat screen will say 225%, because the game is actually doing 150% base * ( 100 + 50% increased ) crit multiplier. After 2.2, that gear will just say +75% critical multiplier, and now you will get 150% + 75% critical multiplier, which is much more intuitive.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I've not really had any stance on this in IRC or posted about this anywhere because I feel like I wanted a better way to express how I felt besides saying it's good or bad. My thoughts:

Just to keep things straight, GGG adding this feature to the game is absolutely a good thing and a huge step forward for the game in general. It is a good monetization vector and one that is very reasonable to make players pay for. This is the baseline of where I'm coming from.

The entire pay2win concept is stupid juvenile garbage that has no place in discussions about monetization of games in 2016. PoE is not a particularly competitive game, and the goal of the monetization model should be to provide compelling things for paying players while not making players who do not pay feel bad about it. The predatory models (competitions designed in a way where a player has to spend a certain amount of money to reach a threshold of success in, randomized Gachapons that prey on people's gambling habits) have largely been identified and people understand them in the mobile space. It isn't something PoE has ever supported or is going to move towards. Likewise, the whole "PoE isn't pay2win" stuff that players and GGG keep mentioning is overly sanctimonious and pointless crap now. The market might have been different when the game came out but there's no point to still harping on this point today. There are quite a few smaller projects that are free to play but you can pay some money to get more content out of, up to a point (like $20 or something). People need to get paid for things and it's seriously pointless to keep harping on how you don't need to pay the developers for things.

Those things said, I think the actual implementation is a bit of a weakness. In a microtransaction model you want to give players who do not pay for microtransactions a way to experience them. It is easier to sell people on a system that they have already interacted with to a small extent than one that is completely foreign to a group of players. When I played Kingdom of Loathing in high school I never actually bought any of the items of the month ($10 items that are very powerful in running through content quickly/unlock extra game content). From what I understand, the main way people compete in that game is for the softcore leaderboard, which involves going through ascensions as quickly as possible while being able to pull a few items from your account stash every day. Doing well on this leaderboard requires you to have specific sets of premium items, and therefore I only ever played hardcore, which means you aren't allowed to access any of the items previously found on your account while in an ascension. Without being able to interact with the paid systems, I never had any real interest in engaging in them. On the other hand, Puzzle and Dragons basically pioneered one of the most successful microtransaction models for mobile games by giving players a constant trickle of premium currency (prior to PAD pretty much everyone gave a specific finite amount of premium currency and you could only ever get more by paying). This let people use their premium currency without feeling like they were wasting a very precious resource, and made it much more palatable to players to actually spend money. They also set a balance on what you can do and can't do without any freemium currency that was much less "you can make literally everything better if you spend money on it" than what was already out there, and made the system look a lot less like garbage freemium poo poo by actually keeping only 1 form of currency instead of like 5 different currencies for different systems. This isn't a judgment on what is right or wrong, because PAD is one of the highest earning games in the mobile market for a good reason, but it is definitely a major driving force in how you get players to spend money on something while making them not feel bad about it.

From PoE's perspective, I feel that giving MTX sets for doing challenges in leagues was a huge step forward here. It introduced me to a system I would have never engaged with otherwise. Likewise, I think that some limited premium stash space would be a good way to sell the system. It doesn't have to be a full tab, though logistically that's the easiest way to do it. I personally think a 4x10 area of storage for selling items is more than enough for non-paying players to engage with the system. I personally do think that making the only things players could buy with real money being stash tabs and cosmetic effects was erring too far on the safe side of microtransaction models, and even Dota2 has a ton more you can buy with real money than cosmetics and those things still don't impact actual gameplay. Valve doesn't even need to make money off of Dota2 since they have a very good and very steady revenue stream with Steam, so you would expect a company like Valve to be able to provide microtransactions no one cares to buy while GGG needs to make more compelling microtransactions that interact with more of the game to entice people to buy them because that's how they stay in business.

On the free side of things, I think GGG should and will eventually start pushing to move away from the current trading systems entirely. It is bad for their servers for free trading to rely on forums scraping software when they are showing they can use much better and more accurate APIs to handle item listings. It is pointless to use a forum as a place to put shops when no humans are reading the shops and they are generating an immense amount of bump posts that for the most part don't even do anything. This has no reason to be inaccessible to free players, and I imagine we will eventually get something not tied to forums software, but things will eventually be better for everyone if item listings/trades have their own interface for people to interact with that's not a forum. For example, I imagine an interface that works much like how we set up listings right now, but you pick an item out of your stash in the web interface, add it to an online listing, and set a price for it. 3rd party software like Acquisition could still be used to do this without manually entering every item from your stash, premium tabs can still be used to do all this in game without going through the web interface. Poe.trade would still be useful as a search/filter on these items, which would probably just show up on GGG's end as a giant listing of items. But this would consolidate everything to the same APIs which are much more efficient than forums scraping, and put all the item listings in a place actually made to handle item listings.

Also I'm sure this is going to get addressed down the line with further trading improvements, but it doesn't make sense to have two of the most important content vectors that people will be interacting with late game (including the one that they are pushing with the massive expansion) to severely restrict people's ability to go to and from town, while also requiring all trading to involve people going to and from town. I understand the stance on asynchronous trading, though it makes someone like me feel worse because I'm objectively selling far less items and making far less currency by being logged in for 4 hours a day than if I were logged in 12 hours a day or if I could sell things while offline, but requiring two people to be in the same instance to trade just does not interact well with other game systems that the game is designed with. This doesn't even have anything to do with communication, as you can communicate just fine without being in the same instance as another player. This has been for the most part okay as map portals while playing solo are not a particularly limited resource, but the Labyrinth will cause a huge problem with the current system. Also, I recognize that you can ask people to wait, but a good portion of sales people make are with cheap, easily replaceable uniques where if you don't sell within a few seconds they'll just find another seller.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

There are very few legacy items that are meaningfully nerfed, actually. Kaom's Heart, Mjolner, Soul Taker, Bringer of Rain, Aegis Aurora, and all the crit multi are the big ones. Item quantity got removed from the rare mod pools but you honestly shouldn't care about that. You could consider old league uniques to be legacy but they're still obtainable, just much more valuable/harder to get now. Aegis is partially shafted by block being much worse than it was when it was broken in the first place, and Bringer of Rain's nerf was more to bring it in line with other block nerfs than a nerf targetted at the particular item. Most of the other nerfs don't particularly change the usefulness of the item. Shav's and Lightning Coil still do what they are supposed to, even if you lose like 200 ES with Shav's or mitigate like 5% less damage with Coil. Windripper is still the only bow that gives IIQ and IIR, even though it gives a bit less (and honestly the fact that it's a endgame powered weapon that gives IIR and IIQ and nothing else particularly unique is pretty terrible unique design). Outside of those 5 items, legacy uniques aren't particularly meaningful at all and most legacy uniques are actually just terrible uniques that have been buffed.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Hybrid, I'll never be rich enough to do a CI build. What I've got right now is %233/%89 ES/Life, so I'm good there.

I don't know the % numbers but I think in the end you'd want around 3000 life and 5000 ES. The life might be a little bit low in your case unless you have good chaos resist.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I actually think he is full arab but he definitely has a super arabic name.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It's not just Facebreakers for standard legacy items. Facebreakers I would argue is actually not one of the more important ones, only giving around a 25% damage boost over non-legacy ones.

I listed them earlier but the important ones IMO are:

Aegis Aurora: literally works twice as well as current Aegis, where the difference between balancing damage taken and damage healed with it and not is "I am completely immortal" or "I am kind of tanky."

Bringer of Rain: 9% block is really huge if you're getting towards max block, lvl 18 blind is huge for making enemies a lot less threatening than lvl 6 blind.

Kaom's Heart: Legacy Kaom's gives like 1500 more life and is considered by a lot of people to be the best unique in the game. Current Kaom's is one of the better chest armors but is always a thing to consider, not a mandatory item.

Mjolner: Legacy one casts 66% more spells than current Mjolner, outputting about 66% more damage (depends a bit on how many charges you are generating for Discharge, but it is 66% more damage with all other spells).

Saffell's Frame: Like BoR, the difference between 65% spell block and 75% spell block is very big. Also +1% max resist is very big when you're getting to over 90% with potions.

Soul Taker: Legacy Soul Taker is about as good as 1h axes get for DPS, current ST is really bad for pure base DPS. But this one is probably similar to Facebreaker for damage difference.

For the most part other legacies don't dramatically change how good the item is or are buffs.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Count Uvula posted:

Hm, the efficacy of level 20 cluster traps is 252% of base damage, while level 20 multiple traps is 237%. That's fine, but cluster traps has a lower mana multiplier and I can't think of any situations I'd rather have multiple traps in... Assuming no one would keep it around for the really niche purpose of fighting Voll/other bosses that charge in a straight line

From the experience of everyone who has played trappers and streamed the alpha, Multitrap is a hot steaming pile of garbage that needs to be removed from the game and die in a fire like Elemental Hit. There's no reason to ever use that gem when Cluster Trap exists, and there was basically no reason to ever use that gem when Cluster Trap didn't exist. You can't consistently hit enemies with more than 1 Multitrap and it completely wrecks your ability to throw traps over obstacles.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So this has to be good for some kind of a build right? I wonder how much crit multi and elemental damage can you get on an Earthquaker.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It's not just Assassin. The class everyone was saying was by far the shittiest Ascendancy, Saboteur, is actually much more popular, and is among the top few classes of all the charts. I mean I'm sure most of it is that Pohx is one of the most high profile streamers and basically stood his ground on Saboteur being what he thought was the most powerful Ascendancy all through the alpha, and making lots of videos showing how busted it was.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

climboutonalimb posted:

I got a consuming dark dagger last night from Cadiro for pretty cheap. It's 50% damage conversion. The infernal mantles I see on poe.trade are all 25% conversion. Can you still get 100% fire to damage conversion from another unique or is it now capped at 75% now?

You have to use 2 Consuming Darks.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

The trap build right?

Yeah Ice Trap/Frost Bomb Trap.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I've been playing this game since Piety was the last boss and I finally made my first 5L ever. This says more about me being gambling averse than anyone else. Like I've probably used less than 50 fusings on things with 5 sockets on them since starting this game.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

baram. posted:

what are the main builds that take advantage of bino's? i had one drop from a ghosted vaal area boss.

It's as good as rare daggers people try to sell for 15 exalts for physical dagger builds, like Reave, Spectral Throw, and Lightning Strike.

E: For reference a Bino's with 9.8% crit and 235 pdps matches a 307 pdps dagger with 7.5% crit for the most part before you factor in the bonus crit multiplier Bino's gives. There are no daggers for sale in Perandus SC that match a high roll Bino's, and whenever I have played dagger builds in the past the ones that can compete with Bino's are always being sold for 15 exalts or more and tend to not even be better because they don't give crit multi.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 9, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So... Labyrinth speedrunning.

I know they haven't put in the thing where the fastest runs each day get prizes, but after doing a bunch of runs today to try to get good enchants on my gear, I've realized that the speedrunning game is actually gonna be a lot shittier than I thought originally.

I timed myself with a stopwatch on a few later runs after I had gotten a rhythm going, and ended up with a 5:14 time today with some dumb running around and bad speed gear. The layout today was 3 maps, Izaro 1, 2 maps, Izaro 2, 2 maps, Izaro 3. Of these, 1C's door to Izaro 1 was right next to where you come out of so it only took like 10 seconds to get through that room, and 3A was a complete tossup about whether the game made you do a lever puzzle that required backtracking through a lot of spike floor traps and dart traps or you could just run through it quickly, though the maps you could just run through were very rare.

The normal maps took me like 25 seconds to just run through. On the speedruns you just completely ignore all the traps and run through them. This means that dart traps and spike floor traps can gently caress you over, and honestly going through them fast has way more to do with getting lucky with layouts than actually figuring out how to avoid the traps. I was only using 10% movespeed boots and did not have a Silver flask in addition to my Quicksilver of Adrenaline to get 20% extra movespeed. I'm pretty confident maximizing movespeed now that Pathfinder exists is faster than Whirling Blades but it is probably slower than some kind of poopsock movement skill setup. With 40% extra movespeed from onslaught + better boots I could probably shave 3-5 seconds off per map, and save around 20 seconds worth of walking across the run. This is likely where I'm the most off because maybe people can get through each of the maps in 10-15 seconds, where I'm guessing around 20 seconds if everything goes well.

I killed each phase of Izaro in 5-6 seconds, and it would still take me 45 seconds from entering the Aspirant's Challenge room to exiting it. Izaro spends a long loving time running around trying to hit you after his hp stops moving down. Maybe if I did more damage and killed it in 2 seconds he would go down the platform faster, but I can't imagine ever saving more than like 2 seconds per fight by killing him any faster. This will probably be an actual big deal meaning the people who will consistently win each day might be Blade Vortex characters since that should burn him down the fastest. If it makes a difference, you could probably cut this time down to 40 seconds for the first two fights, and however long it takes for Izaro to come up and then die in the 3rd fight.

Also there's 9 load screens between first gaining control in the Labyrinth and killing Izaro. Good luck with that poo poo if you're someone who takes 2 seconds longer per load screen than someone who is actually competitive; 18 seconds is a ridiculously long amount of time when you consider how fast the Labyrinth clears will be.

It's gonna be a massive RNGfest of trying until you get maps where you don't take a wrong turn and there's no puzzles requiring you to run around and hit switches. It's going to hugely depend on how fast you can load screens of the game. Also there will realistically only ever be 1 or 2 builds that can be competitive in running through it at all. Pathfinder > Champion > everyone else for actually running through the maps, so if running is the best way then Pathfinder will be the best. Also the build will probably have to be able to kill each Izaro phase in like 2-3 seconds to compete, which again restricts the builds that can do it by a lot. And, well, if time spent on load screens matters quite a bit for 12 minute solo burst races, imagine imagine how bad it will be for the labyrinth runs where you spend like 20 seconds on each map and the total time is in the 4:30 range.

Also now I have a 75/24 Rat's Nest with +2 Arc chains on it. It's the first actual useful enchant I've gotten for it but I'm pretty sure it's still not worth trying to sell since Rat's Nest isn't very good for crit casters anyways.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Mar 9, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I use most of my Vaals on maps. The nice thing about Vaaling maps is that there's not really any possible negative outcome outside of getting a map that is too hard to do.

Also I Vaal a lot of amulets. +1 curse and +1 frenzy charge are extremely valuable mods. Elemental damage leech is also a very valuable mod. The only thing you risk is rerolling the amulet, which means I don't Vaal a multi-exalt amulet if I care about it, but you should still Vaal them anyways because

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Guess I'm gonna be streaming some speedrunning in Labyrinth and poo poo with music you'll probably hate.

https://www.twitch.tv/ultima66

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

Hey uh, the Witch Mistress of Sacrifice Ascendency perk looks kind of neat. "Your Offering skills also affect you."
e: in fact that looks fun as hell, I'm gonna do that

It's very broken and leads to probably the most broken max block builds of the current patch.

So this is about what you should expect when they put Lab leaderboards into the game. Unless a totally different route is found I think the best possible time for this one is in the 5:40 range. Maybe faster Perandus kills could pull it down to like 5:20-5:30 since I don't know exactly how the mechanics work right now and can't exactly kill him faster with my current gear anyways. I guess warning to mute so you don't have to listen to either me or my music.

• Locked thread