Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

TheRat posted:

It's a 3570 non-k, it's rather limited in what it lets me do.

You should be able to squeak out another 200 by just turning your base clock up a bit, if it's multi locked.

Edit: just realized that the after Temps were at idle. I still think 200 should be doable with just raising the bclck a bit but that depends on what load temps actually look like

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Hauki posted:

I got a 4690k for super cheap awhile back, and I'm ashamed to admit I've never bothered messing with it. I should do that.

Easiest chip to OC I've ever worked with if you just want a quick and dirty extra little bit. Getting into the upper 4. X has been annoying though (and considering I hate having extra heat in my room I took it up there once and then went back to something reasonable.)

Hell, Intel XTU makes it beyond simple if you don't want to dick about in bios (or have a poo poo motherboard)

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Hauki posted:

Seems pretty stable at 4.6ghz/1.23V. Averaging ~72c under a full load from synthetics, topping out at 75c. I guess I'll try pushing it a little more? I dunno.

Edit: Nope, 46x seems to be the wall, can't go past it even at 1.25 and given my cooling I dunno that I want to go past that.

See, super easy. I'm on a full water setup and I have to throw a surprising amount of voltage at it to get up to 4.7+. I usually run it around 4.5 just so my load temps are still pretty low.

4.6 is pretty much the standard percentile chip. People have found stinkers that can't even do 4.4. Imagine buying one and finding that out.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

What's a decent league starting build that will teach me how to not just run into the middle of every pack? I've played eq two leagues in a row now and even when I try casters I tend to just run in and try to face tank poo poo.

I have no idea where to even begin as a bow user.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Ambaire posted:

if they made a set of gem sort tabs, I'd buy them next.

Gem Tab that sorts by alphabetical or level as desired
(within colour, obviously).

Why don't they have sorting of any sort? Have they ever addressed it in a forums post or anything? Would it cause that much extra load? Maybe as a premium tab only thing.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I have a feeling it's more or less related to the overall design philosophy of "Diablo 2.5". If D2 had inventory tetris, then goddamn PoE will too. Though they have been moving away from that in the past...year? maybe.

I was hoping there was more to it than "HURR DIABLO STANDARDS'.

I'm part of a very small subset of people (I assume) who really dislike Diablo 2.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

There won't be a next time, mister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

100% physical to ice can be done I think.

• Locked thread