Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i just started playing this for the first time. can i get an invite to the guild? started on the recommended softcore ladder. character name SA_Awesome.

no clue what im doing as far as character builds. is there corpse explosion? i always played a ce necro in diablo and i found a zombie skill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

euphronius posted:

You basically are going to be playing with the wiki open too.
i immediately resigned myself to the fact that my first character was basically going to be a throwaway and i am just doing was sounds cool skill-wise right now. after i play through the game once or twice i will start looking up actual builds and poo poo

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Stagger_Lee posted:

I haven't been crashing today but I've been getting...I don't really know how to describe the issue. Frame drops? It runs smoothly for 4 seconds and then stands still for a half-second and continues. Not really even sure if that's me having graphical or network slowdown with the game.

i was getting that occasionally yesterday too. i thought it was network related since it popped up and disappeared seemingly regardless of what was happening on screen

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is our guild name pants in exile?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok cool someone must have hit me with an invite earlier today

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pm the dude who said to pm him for an invite to get an invite

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

does this game normally get so many patches?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this guide is not nearly as easy to follow for my noob brain as the dual flame totem one linked above. probably the lack of intermediate skill trees for me to follow

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Budgie posted:

Oh, and the new unique: Zerphi's last breath. This heals you for 800% of your spells' mana cost and I've used it on 2 characters from the moment I could equip it up to like level 65. If you can balance your mana regen it basically makes you unkillable while you cast as the pot lasts for 10 seconds. It's hard as a caster to just sit tight and keep casting though, feels counter-intuitive.
EDIT: they made it much easier to see if it has charges in today's patch too, hooray!
i got one of these last night. too bad it will be of minimal use to my blood magic totem character. looks like its worth about 1c so i could try to sell it but theres a ton of them listed on the trade site. ill probably just keep it for alt leveling

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pm him if you want who cares

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

anyone have a cool spectral throw build? got a skin for it out of one of the gambling boxes. a little required gear is ok. cadiro is my bro and sold me an ex for 999 coins.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

theres always people talking in gchat

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i just hit act 3 cruel and im thinking its about time i started looking for gear i am going to use for awhile and actually get the links i need for my build. i assume the best way to do this is to find a rare/unique i like and then hit it with jews and chromes and fuses until i get what i need? i have a tabula for my 6 link damage but i need two or three 4 links that i dont have yet

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Flesh Forge posted:

No, that's what it LOOKS like you're supposed to do, but it is actually very much not what you should do. Instead you should buy the pieces that are way better than what you're likely to make for yourself for 1c each (if that). If you have no chaos drops so far then maybe you can get someone to take fusings/jeweler's for them. You'd be shocked how cheap people sell things for vs. how much you'll spend trying to make stuff even half as good. Even uniques, look on poe.trade and see what linked ones sell for.

so what the hell do i do with all these chromes ive been saving up? trade up until i get to high tier moneys?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do they usually start a new league right away when one ends?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im not like itching for the next one to start or anything. im just curious about how they schedule these things since its my first time playing

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i feel like maybe im kind of far behind where i should be? i am like 55 and have a couple things left to do in a3 cruel. how would i get to merc lab in like 10 levels?

e: i guess exp gain might slow way down at some point?

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 16, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ada posted:

If/when they do end up removing Cruel, it'll be kind of difficult to add 7 new skill points. I imagine they'll either have add new Books of Skill to existing acts, or simply increase the skill points gained from the already existing skill books which would kill the complaint of Piety having too many points associated with her quest. But on that note, what exactly can they do story wise in the next act? Malachai is like a super demon threatening the world already and we've killed a bunch of the lore important characters. Do we just wander past the mountain into the forest and kill some more bandits or some poo poo?

they could always shift malachai back and add more stuff before him

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pull a destiny. we killed malachai. now malachais daddy is mad at us :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what about the skill point

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is your graphics card dying?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

baby puzzle posted:

the official forums.jpg

how much money has that dude spent on the game? the last badge alone is $440

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bugsy posted:

Diamond = $1,000 (he has made multiple uniques so at least 3,000 but I think its closer to 5k)

Ruler = $12,500

Conquerer = $900

Grandmaster = $500

Highgate = $1,100

Ascendant = $440

He is the biggest whale in the poe community by far.

ZenVulgarity posted:

holy poo poo

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you dont understand when people are surprised that a dude spent 20k on a videogame? lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no, its not like that at all. you might be crazy if you think like this

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can buy a car for 20k. a car is basically a house with wheels

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

jerkstore77 posted:

Do I have to do anything other than place items in a public premium tab with a price to get them to show up on poe.trade?
thats all i did and people have been buying my poo poo. i used the option to set a whole tab as one price so maybe try that if you arent

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bushiz posted:

Nevertheless I made it to the end, where I promptly died to Izaro's "Make your framerate stutter, then freeze entirely for half a second, and then be dead" attack.
sorry about your bad computer friend

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bushiz posted:

it's a 4790k with a r9 390 and 32 gigs of Ram, though. Is this not something that happens for other people and do I need to go hunting for some poo poo that probably got hosed up by the abused child responsible for AMD's drivers?

i dunno, i just did cruel izaro last night and didnt have any problems like that and my laptop is very much not running those specs

could have just been a lag spike

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive had a few "out of memory" errors at load screens but nothing consistent

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

never let your customer think too long about the purchase :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i knew i should save some points from my aspirant pack but no i had to buy 10 stupid mystery boxes. i am the worst

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

AF posted:

Just got into this game. Can't believe how well made it is for being a free game. Really like how it draws a lot of inspiration from D2 but reworks all the stuff that made it tedious.
completely free and they dont even let you give them money for magic find boosters or other crap. the first night i played i was really hurting for portal scrolls and assumed they wanted me to buy them or something but was pleasantly surprised when i opened up the store to check it out (aside from the prices on those armor cosmetics).

diablo 3 is a good game now but it doesnt feel like d2 did. this one does. it is the diablo 2.5 i always wanted.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah i think so

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do maps expire after 8-16 minutes like regular instances?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lame. i assume they count as a dead end zone so its 8 minutes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Budgie posted:

THERE'S ONLY ONE SPOT LEFT NOW GUYS. THUNDERDOME FOR ENTRY UNITL APRIL 2ND (if sky remembers to log in and purge)
do we need to do something to avoid being purged?

i am using liftingnerdbros fire totem build right now and its working well for my first real character i think. i want to make an earthquake guy so i checked out his version of that build. says its good for beginners but recommends 2 6-links! drat. not sure if i want to try that or his blade vortex build now.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i found a 3s 248% marohi last night which is cool because i am leveling up an eq guy. i want like 5l on my marohi though. better to sell mine and buy a better socketed one or try to jew/fuse mine up myself?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i just want to stress for any other new people that this is seriously the biggest quality of life improvement in the game next to premium/currency tabs. i didnt want to use it at first because i was brand new and figured it would be hiding basic crap i would want but its really the opposite. it makes the filtering tighter as you get higher in level so in the early zones it shows everything and in the higher zones it basically tells you what is worth picking up which is super helpful.

me last night: "why do sorcerer boots have a noise when they drop?"
"because they are the one base worth chancing for skyballs"
*proceed to chance a few pairs and end up with a rare that will apparently sell for a few ex at least*

without the filter i would have gone along in my blissful, poor ignorance. i probably owe 200 chromes to the highlighting on those turn-in items alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i was thinking probably some comment about the tits on piety's wenches but who knows could be anything

• Locked thread