Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Elemental shrapnel shot ranger should allow you to pick up lots of health and still do simply grody amounts of damage. Just make sure to invest in some int so you can level auras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

wrath and herald of thunder.

they add flat damage and scale far far better at lower levels and with shittier gear than hatred can ever hope to.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I hope the clouds just freeze players solid while inside of them that would be funnier than gently caress.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Well I was already thinking of doing another perma freeze caster (I did one for the beta for 2.0, ps; it was pretty loving good) so hellooooooo new witch class.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It's overall lackluster but in exchange for that it gets a passive that literally breaks a fundamental part of the game.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I have a 5link, capped resists, 1.4k health at level 35, and full acrobatics and phase acrobatics. I'm in act 3.

This honestly feels like they are just giving away alt art whispering ice to me.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yeah the boss rights (with the exception of voll) in act 4 were pretty bullshit.

I think daresso and piety were the worst. Funnily enough when you are build this tanky and have gear this good the bosses themsevels ain't poo poo, it's the clouds of cumulofuckyou everywhere that made poo poo a pain.

Still, got my kill.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I had whirling blades and was using blade vortex and bladefall for dps (depending on how close I could get) so staying the gently caress away from those clouds wasn't the hardest thing to do.

I did nearly die in the snakey tunnles in the harvest a couple of times tho.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I am well and truly surprised, still, that I made it through the corrupt Piety fight. That was some real grade A bullshit.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

People (me for instance) also haven't gotten points from that race despite being very careful to avoid deleting the character.

Something pretty big hosed up somewhere with this. Hopefully it gets worked out.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It's only stupid because currency drop rates are so low.

Which sucks because it's fun to use currency.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Hmm... it might be possible to hit 100% crit chance with cold snap (with 7 power charges up) thanks to the assassin advanced class (for the shadow). That, plus voll's protector would literally allow you to crit cold snap to your hearts content.

This is assuming they don't reduce the crit chance on the tree by much.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Freezing pulse, properly supported, also does just loving nuts single hit cold damage. Add some crit and crit multi, and/or stack a bunch of freeze duration and stuff just ain't moving after it eats a freezing pulse.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I wouldn't actually ditch shrapnel shot. Instead you'd add something like lightning arrow when you can in order to increase kill speed against groups, but you simply aren't going to beat the damage output against single targets of shrapnel shot

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yeeeees melee totems yeeeeeeesesesssss

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so the scion probably just picks one of the other eighteen ascendancy classes for her own

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

So, a simple and brilliant possibility for the Scion ascendancy class has occurred to me.

You make their advanced class six white linked gem (not jewel) sockets, which they unlock with points the same as anyone else. Meaning when the Scion clears the merciless labrynth they will have a free six link.

That would be both quite strong, avoid stepping on any other ascendancy classes toes, feel like a real reward to newer/poorer/casual players, and fail to actually approach the possible power of the other classes options.

I'm not saying that I think GGG is actually going to do this, I'm just saying that it'd be smart as hell.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

jesus this stuff looks mean

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

you can only do the labyrinth once a day?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

panda clue posted:

You can do it as many times as you want in one day, but the fight/layout only changes once a day.

ok good, because with over 300 different helm enchants getting one a loving day would be just awful

i mean, it's already going to be loving bad, but imagine if you could only try once a day

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i mostly do builds that fall apart into miserable piles of poo poo somewhere around tier three maps because i am bad, don't play enough to accumulate much wealth, and don't sell items to other players.

this league i lucked out and made a self cast blade vortex character and it turns out that's pretty good

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Vulnerability will boost chaos dots, assassin's mark will boost chaos damage crits, and projectile weakness will increase the damage of chaos projectiles. None of them work specifically with chaos damage, and chaos doesn't have a curse associated directly with it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

resolute technique is still "a thing" it's just not always the correct choice.

some builds don't need to crit ever, some builds cannot afford to spec into accuracy and dexterity, and rt is a far cheaper option when it comes time to gear a character

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm mostly debating between aoe cold traps sabo, capped crit cold snap assass, two handed crit sword lightning strike assass, righteous fire juggernaut, and explosive arrow blood magic deadeye.

all for standard, unless perandus league looks lots better than the last few leagues have been

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

there is also the comedy lightning warp + physical to lightning damage cyclone trickster

no better (lmbo) idea.

Lightning warp + cyclone unarmed doryani's fist trickster

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 28, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

spam srs as fast as you can

but honestly skeleton mages might be functional with the threshold jewel changes

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

not yet, but the json data is out now so it's just a matter of time until emmit has gathered enough energy to make it happen

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

hirophant man totem build where you and three ancestral protectors spam aoe attacks

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the twist is that he'll never offer anything good and it'll be impossible for a self found or casual player to amass enough coins to buy even a bucket of spit off of the guy

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Vasudus posted:

I'm probably going to do something with EA, I've been wanting to revisit that build for two leagues now. All I really need is a Quill Rain anyway. Probably will roll Scion and abuse the other classes mastery things for some tomfoolery.

Keep in mind that the deadeye scion ascendancy is less than useless for EA.

So loving dumb that chain and pierce don't work right with that skill.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Wait, Chain doesn't work with EA?

Wouldn't the extra projectile from Deadeye at least help you stack charges faster?

ea doesn't leave it's charge in a mob if it pierces or chains.

The actual deadeye acendancy for the ranger should be good as hell for EA on the other hand, far shot, 20% increased aoe, and an extra projectile. Sign me right the gently caress up.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

I've heard somewhere, could someone please confirm, is base critical strike multiplier being dropped from 150% to 100%?

Can't be. Unlike every other modifier in the game the crit number isn't an increase over base. So 100% would be no increased damage from crits at all.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Oh my god why is it projectile attack and not just projectile?

Oh well the 20% aoe and extra projectile will still be rockin'

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

loving premium stash tabs

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

they won't ever do offline/automated trading because of (the broadly accepted misunderstanding of what was wrong with) diablo 3

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

and it's all especially funny because there is nothing wrong with it and it's very nearly the only thing diablo 3 got right at all

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lack of interesting or meaningful player choice, dearth of game mechanics

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the highest difficulty was randomly running into a pack of frost wallers and getting pushed into a corner while they repeatedly dropped freezing bombs on you

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

panda clue posted:

there were a lot of issues with d3 i agree, but the trade system was also majorly flawed. they designed drops around the auction house existing which made you never, ever see anything worthwhile yourself. I would say it was a pretty far cry from 'the one thing they got right'.

That's not really a flaw with the trade system, but rather a flaw with blizzards design philosophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

euphronius posted:

So Poe trade will just trawl the servers directly, no forum posts?

it'll keep doing both because people will be too cheap to or unable to buy premium tabs/upgrades

• Locked thread