Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
It doesn't have many flashy things, but it has one game-breaking thing and a couple other just solid buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
There's a bunch of guys on right now on talisman sc selling 125 fusings for 1 ex.

edit: My bad. Input that the wrong way around. It's 121 fuse for 1 ex.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Seems like Time of Need could be pretty strong if there's some kind of buff timer on it so you could time stuff. Might be a bit more effort and slow things down, though.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Some pretty sweet looking enchantments being added to add an effect to your gloves, boots, or helmet.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1592018

I want Decree of Fury/Tempest on a CoC guy just for shits. Probably fury on a barrager and tempest on a cyclone discharge.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Hauki posted:

Anyway no one gives a poo poo about standard.

Me. I do. I'm probably going to casually play this new league cause my buddy will be starting up again and he likes leagues, but the moment he gets bored and stops, back to standard for me. It's nice being able to slowly and eventually buy items that are usually only a dream in leagues for how much I play.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Reason number 200 why I don't play hardcore anymore. Lmao.

https://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie/v/54093464

While that sucks, he had a kinda annoying voice and actually sits through windows' "Checking for solution" instead of hitting cancel to instaclose that poo poo, so i feel less bad.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yep, literally exactly what i said.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah personally I can't stand watching arpgs but if it's some kind of team-based game with decent commentary, it's not half bad. The only time I watch poe streamers is build videos and then I try and go for ones laid out in a thread instead.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Are there any recommended simple ice trap builds? I've never run a trapper before but it seems like a pretty decent/strong style. I'm looking at Pohx's, currently but is there a "better" option?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

euphronius posted:

Isn't summoner more of a late game build.

I leveled as a summoner and it was fine. SRS does some solid damage and functions as blockers too. Zombies constantly die early on though. I never really bothered to summon them unless there was a boss coming up or a perandus chest nearby. Ran clarity until my tree could mostly sustain it and I had enough mana reserve reduction nodes to run multiple offense nodes instead.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

Somebody sanity check this SRS/specre/zombie summoner skill tree for me please

How do people deal with mana for summoners, since SRS is hungry and mana leech doesn't apply?

I've been getting a bunch of mana regen nodes. And running clarity until I can sustain without it. Once I can safely ditch clarity, I'm gonna grab alpha's howl and run a couple more auras (currently running clarity and wrath).

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I'm trying to level an ice trap and it kinda sucks how you don't get anything from the build until ~30. Just for shits I've been rolling frost nova -> trap -> multitrap to get a feel for playing as a trapper, but man I forgot how much multitrap sucks since you throw them in a line.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Sotar posted:

I chanced a thing

Grats you gently caress.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Skyblazer is the act v boss. You fight him like those old typing games.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Make that ball lightning vacuum totem build. Gathers mobs from a massive area.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I ran that for a while as HotShockingCoCnBalls. Was fun.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Can i also get a reinvite? SidoEQ.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

akkristor posted:

So, I want to jump on the Blade Flurry bandwagon, but I don't know what to really go for passive-wise or gear wise.

I have some good options, namely two Varunastras and a Carcass Jack, but I have no idea where to start, what ascendancy to go with, or passives.

I mostly play casters, the closes i've done to melee builds are a Mjolner build and a CoC cyclone.

I saw one thread where a guy test ran blade flurry on his coc cyclone and it worked pretty well just substituting it in. Attacks fast for good procs, good single target hits via the stacks mechanic and hilariously low mana cost. Downside was the stopping to channel it but it seemed alright if you are on the ball about playing a little more dynamically between cast and movement skills.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

nightwisher posted:

Flurry + Bladefall

Already saw someone do CoC blade fall with flurry and it was crazy. I'd imagine the interval rate would be lower than CoC for these cast on channel.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I just noticed that demon king portal effect exists and I want it. Seems like a waste of money but drat. In a similar vein, is it likely scorching ray is going to get an mtx to mimic the shaper's laser? We seem to have gotten his other block hole effect stuff.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

Ok so I'm playing Blade Flurry rear end-sassin and I've been using LiftingNerd's build and I don't know if I'm just not skilling this in a proper order or what but it's starting to feel like poo poo mid-Cruel. Is there a better build I should try restarting on/trying to transition to? People in guild chat were recommending Mathil's guide but I couldn't find a writeup for it anywhere and video guides that just give general overviews of everything without at the very least a cliffnotes of them with the skill tree and gear or whatever give me sadbrains a bad case of brain aids

I'm following mathil's beginner BF based off just the passive tree and video and it's pretty decent in a2c thus far. I am falling behind a bit and struggling with breaches due to low damage against breach rares, though and my fire res isn't capped which is a pain in the rear end due to the red poo poo everywhere "hiding" flame effects.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Goddamn I hate scorching ray so much. The skill itself is fun but I have no quick way to quantify how good for dps a thing is. And the degen nature of the skill makes it hard to eyeball how much of a damage boost I'm getting. I added a fifth gem and a higher spell damage wand(some 86% spell damage to replace an ashcaller) and I don't feel like there was that appreciable a dps boost...

I think eventually I'm supposed to get a doryanis but they're about as expensive as a bino's right now... Might have to just settle for a 5 link searing and be happy with that until doryanis come way down.

It's probably not helping that my main guy is bladeflurry since there's a very immediate feel to when I upgrade gear on him.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Azran posted:

I got this the other day. No idea what it goes for but if anyone wants it you can have for like half the market value because I checked how people sell items in this game and holy poo poo why is it so complex

Edit: Can take an screenshot of it I suppose, but copying and pasting was easier :v:

It might seem like it but it's really not. Everyone got a premium stash tab that lets you drop items in there and set a price. People will usually message you and say "I'd like to buy x for y(listed) cost", you invite them to your party and trade. It literally takes around a minute to go through the entire process.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
What kind of defensive stats do people try and aim for when pushing maps? For the most part I currently have no problem coasting through tier6/7 while building up my map pool aside from phys reflect or particularly crazy breaches. I'm life evasion with about 4k hp and I can't help but think my damage output and leech is what's keeping me cruising with the occasional pianoing across flask to keep from getting nuked by bad breaches. Is there a good evasion chest I should be looking for or just rock a belly for that HP pool?

Edit: I don't actually know what level maps I can do as I havent gotten maps higher than 7 yet.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Is anyone running a self cast scorching ray build? My one has been struggling and I've sort of been ignoring it in favour of my blade flurry guy dunking on everything. Before I bother wasting currency on SR, can it be good with lowish investment or should I give up/try to convert it to something else fire based?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

Scorching Ray CWC slotted into WI is the new hotness, and my next alt

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1788023

Sounds interesting. Might have to see if I can club it into workability as an Inquisitor. I'll probably end up with a poo poo version but if it's fun I'm semi okay with that. I've been rolling with mathil's Inquisitor SR beginner build.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

Meta question: bino's and death's hand have gone from 1.5ex-2ex in early league down to, freakin, 28c and 15c. What's changed? Did it turn out that those items actually suck for blade flurry?

Demand died out as everyone who wanted one got one and people who had bino's upgraded to a really good rare if they were pushing that build higher. Also cyclone meatballs became the hot new thing people wanted to try and the required items are new and harder to acquire.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
So I'm starting to run into issues with my current archer dude. My life and resistances situation is a bit dire with 3.7k life and 66/44/51 resistances.

This is my dude https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ModusOperandi/characters I know what needs to be done, but does anyone have any idea how much it's going to run me trying to make up my resistances(and more life) pretty much purely via my jewelry and boots? I'll probably go back to my rare 5link chest so I can run at capped resists until I sort it out. And I should probably run a starkonja's instead of a rat's nest for more life. DPS is strong and frankly for the most parts maps aren't an issue except for when I pop a breach.

Should I also ditch the maligaro's for a well rolled rare instead? It's going to be a dps loss for sure but drat I could use a lot more life. The build I'm using made note of the fact that it's a fair bit of a glass cannon(those are all the items it recommended that I'm rocking) and to play accordingly but it is way more squishy than I'm liking. I definitely let my gear fall way behind as it is basically the same gear I've been using since maybe... level 50(except switching in the kintsugi) thanks to the ridiculous damage and clearspeed of the build.

edit: I could also roll a queen of the forest instead of the kintsugi since I am not nearly reactive enough to only take one hit before getting far away and the qotf gives more evasion even after factoring in the 50% increase after being hit. Also qotf comes with more resists making it much easier to cap them out.

double edit: I also need a whackload more leech.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 23, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
You're right about it being an LNB build. The essence sap is supposed to be temporary and is to be specced out in favour of a couple nodes near vitality void/spirit void to save a point. Essence sap was primarily there for leveling for the mana on hit as well as leech in case damage wasn't high enough to sustain purely off leech(tshot is an expensive skill to cast). The finished tree is supposed to look like this https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...MLstMUqW4JeUuw=

I'll definitely test run speccing out of essence sap and maybe see if I can't get some +life jewels to ditch revenge of the hunted. I'm a little leery of ditching defensive nodes without having viable replacements but I guess 34% evasion, 12% life and 12% damage for 4 points isn't massive. Gear-wise I guess I'll try and pick up a 6L and upgrade the jewelry. Don't know if I want to swap the hat and gloves but maybe the hat for a starkonja's for the life. A rare might be too much of a dps loss. Or keep the hat(for that sweet, sweet movement speed) and swap the gloves since I can get some decent damage rolls alongside resists/life on a rare.

edit: I'm noticing most of the 6links in the 30c(give or take a dozen) range with 70+life and the colours I'd need are horrible evasion values. Is losing that much evasion feasible? My current chest gives me 1k whereas the best ones in the 30c range would be about 400 eva. And this is looking at not online only.

Would I be better off buying a white 6link and trying to craft some life and resistances on it? If so what's a good evasion base for crafting on?

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Dec 23, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Hamburger Test posted:

I was editing my reply when you posted (that took longer than I thought).

A single 2 mana on hit jewel, with other decent stats is going to be better for you in the long run. The hybrid leech point in duelist should do the rest.

Seeing as you're pathing close by revenge of the hunted, it's not the worst sin to keep it - but in general they are not good nodes and spending just a single travel point makes the value go way down.

The biggest loss from giving up Rat's in favor of Starkonja is going to be movement speed. I wouldn't tell someone they should give it up, but I did it myself, just like I gave up Devoto's on my current character. Life builds have it hard at the moment and breaches are not nice to squishy evasion builds.

Swapped in a starkonja and grabbed myself a 6link. Picked up a couple gem jewel nodes with some placeholder jewels and got my life up to almost 4.4k. Not finding anything particularly great for jewelry right now so I'm going to try during the day tomorrow and I've got space to craft on my chest to help patch up a resist. To keep prices down i might dump maligaros and then stop running grace in favour of hatred again. Although grace does pump my evasion chance from 44 to 55%... Once I get my resists patched up I'm going to make another attempt at merc lab. I almost beat it in the late 60s before but got careless and one hit at phase 3 izaro. Will definitely run a decoy and pick up Avatar of the Slaughter.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Nezkar posted:

as with most things that go low life, probably gonna use a Shav's.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shavronne%27s_Wrappings

Nope. If you look at the link, he specifies an armour. Looks like purely an aurabot.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The passive tree is definitely a mess and it's true that skills can be unintuitive(for a new player) as to when you will be able to use them. Unfortunately the game is intentionally designed in such a way that if you don't follow a guide, your first (few) character(s) will be crap past a certain point. Some people enjoy muddling through until they figure the systems out to some degree on their own. Personally I looked up a build for my second character. Hell I still look up builds before doing anything, mostly because I am bad at optimization and I don't play enough to bother putting in the effort.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Also it's less the value of exalts dropping and more chaos going up in value. I'm noticing in all currency trading, chaos is worth more.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Speaking of broken new builds, was raider the best option for meatball cyclone or is there another, better option? Or if raider is "best" what's second best?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Chieftain it is. I've already made 2 raiders this league(fletch prism tshot and howa) and I don't feel like playing flask piano. Or maybe run a berserker...

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Hauki posted:

I went berserker on my dude if you care, I probably spent <1.5 ex on it as far as actual currency though with most of that going to the amulet and axe, so there's certainly room for improvement.

How did it feel sans the carcass jack? Or if I were to roll the cyclone in a 5 link? I already have the amulet so I'd only need to buy the axe and I don't think i want to dump currency on a 6link unique chest that is going to be really expensive.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

please knock Mom! posted:

you dont need links in the fire axe, you just need sockets, it works like whispering ice

I know. I meant 6link in the chest for cyclone.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Hauki posted:

I ran with a 5L for a while, you can just as easily run fortify on your leap slam links or whatever. I had the carcass jack 6Led and in those colors already, honestly I probably would've run Belly or something if i were starting from scratch.

Oh cool. Might be more budget for me to just try and find a 6link chest with 90 or so health then. I think belly is roughly equivalent to a 110/110 hp chest, obviously depending on modifiers.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

JawnV6 posted:

Characters that start at 65 in a4m, but are permanently capped at 95 and can't have a pun in the name.

What the gently caress is the point of playing then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

theshim posted:

How were you getting your crit so high? I ran up a Doomfletch Pathfinder with nearly identical tree and stuff but I can't realistically get my crit chance much above 50% (with 3 power charges from my Frenzy PCoC setup).

(I also kinda wish I'd done this before I gave away all that stuff, including a 10ex vaal regalia :v: Just hit 68 and gearing up again is annoying!)

Really? I've got a doomfletch raider and I run about 60% crit without power charges. I am level 80 something so you may have just left some of the bigger DPS nodes with crit until later like I did.

• Locked thread