Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I switched my SRS build from pure life to a mix of life and ES, and it feels much more survivable now. Made it to 91 with almost no effort today, hit level 7 with zana, and found a facebreakers with a perfect 800 roll. Gonna be real tempted to try chayula soon with this guy. Might swap out spell echo for added chaos for stuff like the breach run (or maybe even the boss), since I can keep 20 skulls up without spell echo... it's just really convenient to be able to reposition with a new mob super fast, can definitely clear maps faster with echo on.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrDespair/characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Man, I tried chayula twice today with my srs dude. First time I swapped spell echo out for added chaos damage with the plan of spamming skulls non stop to stay around 20 (worked well enough to have me reach the arena in uul's as the breach reached it), but I took a wrong turn and ate it trying to flame dash back onto the main path.

Second try I swapped spell echo back in and either I had poo poo luck with the rares rolling extra life or I really needed the added chaos damage, because I fell behind and failed. Oh well, I have a while to get it figured out for the challenge.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

Trying to figure out what other challenges I can do with my HOWA character - if lucky, getting 36.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/interrodactyl/characters?characterName=Izzo_H_O_W_A

Easy ones to pick off are hitting 90, but I want to know if I'm geared up enough to do real endgame content, or if I should farm up a bit more and get richer before attempting. I still have to knock off:

- Breachlords
- Guardians
- Shaper
- Uber Atziri

Thoughts?

I mean, you could get some extra ES and int in a few places, maybe some stuff with WED on it too, but you're pretty well kitted overall. Definitely good enough to do esh/xoph/tul, and I bet you can do Uul, depends on how much the next few levels will affect you.

I attempted Chayula for the first time with my howa build today, and it went pretty well. Hit the arena portal with about 30 seconds left (got jack all from drops though, thanks Chayula). Was able to facetank Chayula without much effort too.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrDespair/characters?characterName=bown_zone

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Spammed a bunch of perandus maps tonight, made about 150c between the stuff cadiro sold me and selling the coffers to cover the cost of the perandus mod, and general map loot

Even managed to get 3 coffers on one map :monocle:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Man, normally poeprices has been pretty reliable for helping me price jewels, but it hosed up on this one (probably since i can't find any for sale at all with those four mods in one place)
code:
Rarity: Rare
Vivid Wound
Viridian Jewel
--------
Item Level: 70
--------
9% increased Damage
13% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons
16% increased Fire Damage
10% increased Area Damage
--------
How many 0's should I be sticking on the end of that price? 50c? 500c?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Despair posted:

Man, normally poeprices has been pretty reliable for helping me price jewels, but it hosed up on this one (probably since i can't find any for sale at all with those four mods in one place)
code:
Rarity: Rare
Vivid Wound
Viridian Jewel
--------
Item Level: 70
--------
9% increased Damage
13% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons
16% increased Fire Damage
10% increased Area Damage
--------
How many 0's should I be sticking on the end of that price? 50c? 500c?

Wound up selling this for 150c for anyone playing along :toot:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I got my first shaper kill today, and I both did it deathless and got a dying sun out of it.

a howa with culling strike is the best money i've spent all league by far

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I got to the second to last floor in the DC champions race, but only had a few minutes left and started rushing because I didn't know I was on the second to last floor. Coulda gotten the kill if I had stayed slow and steady :negative:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

18 int is plenty still. Think that's more than my chest has.

An astramentis or culling strike Howa is nice too

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Hrmm, wonder how one cull and one block would work. Might have to go shopping tonight

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Esoteric Scientist posted:

Thanks for the info, I guess I'm not even gonna try chayula by myself then. How do I find a chayula carry? I've heard about people offering/looking for carries, but never really looked into it.

As for running breachlord maps, do you need iir/iiq gear to get decent drop rates on their uniques and blessings (especially the blessings)? Out of 5 runs (2 xoph, 1 esh, 1 tul and 1 uul), all I got was uul-netol boots. I still have a couple of Esh breachstones, but I might as well sell them if the blessing drop rate is too low.

If you can catch me when i'm online I'd def. help you clear a chayula breach (i'm the bown_zone mostly).

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

What do I do now?

kill all the gods and turn wraeclast into the godless domain you imagined

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

At least you weren't playing some trash CoC build

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Awesome! posted:

i need a video of the baby devourer pet

e: oops its at the end of the armor video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDUCplbpJy8

you can see it in the vid for the legacy armour armour

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

a lot of armour is p. ugly (i'm looking at you, vaal regalias)

this is just part of GGGs plan to drive mtx sales tho

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

panda clue posted:

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT

i beat the game

yes it is 6l

and here i felt pretty good about making and then selling a lvl 3 enlighten today.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

McFrugal posted:

Speaking of builds I feel like I may as well ask if mine is any good.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Frugality/characters
It's the Slayer. I've had a fairly easy time with maps since Slayers have such powerful leech, but I suspect it's more unfocused than it should be. Any recommendations? Should I have gone up the other side of the tree for crit instead of RT and axe nodes? (yes I know the tabula does nothing for me, I'm just leveling gems)

My block chance is 55/39, armour and evasion is floating somewhere around 20%. Last time I calculated it my lacerate dps was around 40k unbuffed, but of course I'm slapping down AW on anything dangerous. Vaal Double Strike seems to help too but I have no idea what the actual dps is.

biggest issue i'm seeing is that your account is set to private

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1611973 I got started this league with this build, even early on the alpha's howl was only ~10c or so. The changes to SRS meant I could ditch some of the cast speed/duration nodes for other stuff too. Leveling with SRS is great and it was pretty good with mapping too, it was a bit squishy later on though (I managed to kill minotaur with just a lil bit of blinging it out, but in the long run the HOWA won out... but I'm pretty sure I leveled faster with the SRS).

Also found going for more of a hybrid build made it a lil bit more survivable, but it was a fun glass cannon.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I made a retch last night to throw onto my HOWA guy for fun (thanks cadiro). Finally up to 25% movespeed, which is nice for those brief movements when i'm not just WBing everywhere. It's dumb and fun at the same time

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Hauki posted:

obligatory

and https://www.twitch.tv/videos/40792698

edit - i was also trying to find a good clip of a shivershell multikill but i'm coming up short right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Tkp9HKCgw

ziggyd realizing what might happen as it happens is always great

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Schwack posted:

Still room to get a guild invite? Character name is Swackhammer.

Also, is it pretty normal for melee to feel pretty tissue paper-y as you get close to 90? I've felt pretty tanky up to this point, but some of these Tier 10-12 map bosses shred me to bits if I stop to cast EQ. I've been getting by just letting my totem beat them up. This is my first character since I last played a long time ago (before Act IV was implemented) and even though I followed a build, it's very possible I've made some huge mistakes with gearing. I figured I should ask before the new season.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Schwack/characters

your stuffs private

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

One last shaper run, and an ez 6link. Good way to finish the league.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Laziest build I've done is PizzaSticks (Flameblast Totem Hierophant). Drop 4 totems, run around as they re-enact the 1812 Overture and everything dies.

Even lazier would probably be Necromancer aurabot that uses Animated Weapon and that Chayula sword that grants the super OP aura.

that's pretty futsy compared to golemancy, keeping weapons going is kinda annoying outside of breaches. Golems can get the same sort of buffs but you can just run around while they do all the work for you

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

What if the simplified the passive tree too, make it more like diablo 3 where nothing matters and everything is easy. Free skyforths to everyone who hits 12 challenges in the league while you're at it.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

Sure is you got to find them.

only for the endgame lab

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1k9_Njm5jFKhvy4lapv2lQvYlSCbxHVJvDejzqVtKjSY/edit#slide=id.g167d23c5d7_0_4 is a neat read for people who want to know a bit about why lab is the way it is.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

also being able to just log out multiple times would make it too easy to cheese some of the traps and stuff

god forbid GGG makes part of the game where consequences matter, even in softcore

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

funmanguy posted:

At this point im like 50/50 that they spilled coffee on the breach servers and all our stuff is gone.

considering i have roughly ~350x more wealth in breach than I do in standard, I'd be pretty heartbroken.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I was just thinking the other day "gently caress headhunter, i want something that gives me the echo shrine effect all the time"

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

"Removed the invulnerability buff applied to Izaro when he is waiting to flee from his arena. This fixes an issue where Izaro would attack, but couldn't be attacked back, preventing Life Leech."

oh good they were reading the last few pages of the thread

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

might as well watch that stuff since everyone kept getting dc'd from the servers anyways

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

shame that cow didn't have a vinktars

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Really fighting the urge to just do the same exact thing I did last league, SRS -> HOWA.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

YoungSexualNorton posted:

This is what's killing me about the league. I like cooking up my own builds, but knowing that 3.0 is waiting around the corner to shake up a bunch of mechanics makes me hesitate to put in the effort right now. It would break my heart to craft the real ultimate wizard for 2.6 and then jump over to the beta and find out that it won't work.

Anyway for the guy asking about SRS, this is a pretty in-depth guide that is mostly relevant except it was built around the 50 spirit limit instead of 20. It picks up more cast speed than you'd need currently but it's otherwise got a good breakdown. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1611973

Bit late, but I used that guide to get off the ground last league and it was real solid into deep maps.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

3 more hours to waffle on pizzas or skullz

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

223 people ahead of me :negative:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Esoteric Scientist posted:

I can't decide between facebreaker and 2 hand warchief totem. I'll probably level with a 2 hand weapon anyway. How do the two compare in the endgame? Like high roll/legacy facebreaker vs. atziri's disfavour? I see lots of people running facebraker with either abyssus or bringer of rain, are they necessary to make the build work?

there's diedbell for facebreaker synergy now too, so a bit more options besides abyssus to make facebreaker work.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

just wait for the vaal spark threshold jewel

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Patch may not be mandatory. The queue shouldn't be bad either way.

I hope not, gonna be mildly annoyed if my #224 spot in the queue is worthless

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I logged out to get to town faster after getting the medicine chest without thinking about the queue

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Venuz Patrol posted:

i lost my level 65 explosive arrow ranger on the ledge in merciless because I thought not having chaos resist would be fine in an area without chaos damage monsters, but also apparently thought it would be fine to slot a triple invasion leaguestone.

i'm thinking of branching out for my next run but i haven't been able to identify any builds with the kind of attack speed and range i want that can also be geared up with my broke rear end. Is anyone here doing fun stuff with, i dunno, spectral weapon?

HOWA ST is alive and well still. Better than ever now that they're 3d art

• Locked thread