Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I...uh....gently caress, there goes all my plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ekster posted:

I hope they buff Scion's dialogue as well.

Wouldn't a nerf (down to 0) be better?

Hauki posted:

g'day ziggyd here

the life wheel now appears to be more of a life box

Same with the eva wheel.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I was planning on going Shadow CA/Puncture, so this buff to Noxious Strike is much appreciated.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You forgot one:

RNG - The biggest bastard in this game

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Is TShot still viable for single-target? That would simplify my really stupid build idea quite a bit.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Cinara posted:

Yes, Tornado Shot is still really good for everything. What's your build though? I am curious what bow build can't fit in another skill.

Actually, I've think I've convinced myself to use Barrage for single target, TShot for mobs.

Here's my dumb idea:
Tree
Items: Tora bow, 3 Pacifism jewels, Snakebite gloves
Active skills: Barrage, TShot, Temp Chains, Grace, Stone Golem (although Chaos is tempting), Blink Arrow

End result: Permanent Onslaught and Phasing, always cause Bleeding and Poison on hit. Very much a hit-and-run character.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Cinara posted:

So a few notes. Tora bow isn't worth it, her mod is a prefix so you can't have all 3 important damage mod s(%phys, %phys/acc, +flat phys), and rolling even a decent bow off that would be incredibly hard.

Secondly you can't pick two things from the same base class as Scion, so no having both Raider and Deadeye. You get 6 points to spend, and for the Scion you pick the class specific node and then the ascendancy node doesn't actually cost a point. So you either get an ascendancy from two different classes or the ability to start at a different starting location and a +40 stat node from a different line.

The reason poison is ever any good for bow builds is because of how some modifiers double dip on it. So generic projectile nodes are the best, chaos nodes are only good when using Voltaxic. You especially don't want to scale just chaos if you plan on using Bleeding also, work on scaling your base damage. Bleeding is a tough one cause the damage is pretty bad unless the target is moving, and harder to scale than poison damage.

You have some really weird choices like pathing all the way to Shadow and not Blood Siphon which is a 10% hp node. You are really low on life in general, 114% at level 80 is lower than I'd advise most of the time.

I would really advise any bow build to be crit based also unless you have a very very good reason not to be. Bows have very good base crit, amazing crit nodes, and poison/bleed both even scale off the base hit so crit works great if you really want to use those.

Your build is a bit all over the place, I would really advise looking at some of the forum builds for different bow builds and seeing which nodes they take. The core ideas behind any bow build are going to be similar, you're mostly going to alter which skills/gear you use and your ascendancy class.

If you really want a bleeding and poison based build, I think your best bet is the Duelist Gladiator subclass, weird as that sounds. The pathing nodes are worthless to you, but you could get 25% chance to bleed on attacks, enemies explode as phys, chance to maim(30% slow), 25% chance to gain frenzy charge on kill(bows are a main hand weapon) and 60% increased damage. It may not be the strongest build but is interesting! That or take Scion still and doing either Raider or Deadeye + Gladiator, that way you get some better bow stuff and still 15% chance to bleed on hit.

All good stuff, especially that part about chaos damage doing piss-all for me (d'oh) and the Scion Ascendancy mechanic (I'll blame information overload plus the tool not complaining that I did that). I'll see what I can put together with a Duelist, because the thought of exploding everybody is intriguing... :unsmigghh:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Wait, Chain doesn't work with EA?

Wouldn't the extra projectile from Deadeye at least help you stack charges faster?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

ea doesn't leave it's charge in a mob if it pierces or chains.

Ah, the wiki only mentioned Pierce, not Chain. Some big-rear end letters that said "FUSES ONLY LAND ON THE LAST TARGET HIT" on the tooltip would be nice.

And now I'm thinking about making a Duelist Gladiator EA build...drat you.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Bugsy posted:

Hello game changer!

:aaaaa:

This might actually get me to not be such a lazy bastard when it comes to selling stuff.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

gigawhite posted:

Eh. It's a little annoying because I've only bought regular tab bundles because the premium functionality didn't really seem worth the extra cost. Now with the selling aspect, I definitely would have paid the extra. It'd be nice if you could pay to upgrade your regular tabs to premium for the difference.

Man, it really is a shame you can't do that...

Also: WHY CAN'T IT BE FRIDAY YET?!??!!?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The only thing about Premium tabs I don't like is having to re-set them up every goddamn league. Jesus Christ Wilson, just let me import settings from a txt file.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Challenges for the new leagues

Holy poo poo, they're actually achievable for decent players!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm shocked that I woke up to 50 new posts in this thread and it wasn't a continuation of "trade tabs are p2w!" but an entirely different lovely argument.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Rashomon posted:

Can we start talking about what everyone's first build is gonna be?

Gonna do my probably-dumb permanent poison/high chance to bleed on hit bow Duelist idea.

Worst case, I'll get far enough to farm something for another character.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Quick question while I'm theory-crafting yet another build: I know that generally speaking you should aim for 150% max life from the tree, but how does that rule work for Witches and +%ES?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Bugsy posted:

CI or hybrid? If you are going hybrid you want 300% between life and ES. If CI I'd try to get 200%.

Hybrid, I'll never be rich enough to do a CI build. What I've got right now is %233/%89 ES/Life, so I'm good there.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Patch notes

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Skimming though patch notes:

*You get exactly one shot at a Labyrinth run (think single Portal Zana run)
*5 respec points = 1 Ascendancy respec. Can completely respec out of an Ascendancy class and re-assign by re-doing the Labyrinth
*Elemental flasks boost max resist dropped to 6%
*All non-life/mana flasks have a 4 second duration
*Fusing/Jewelers no longer consumes quality; quality = % better odds
*Vaal Spark nerfed into the ground
*Less Duration now has more damage.
*More stuff will vendor for alch shards, any mod will yield at least an alch shard

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

wrap it up folks, the most powerful ever build possible has been created

Can't wait for the next expansion where it's revealed that all of the events in Wraeclast were a Crab People conspiracy.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Looks like I picked the perfect time to stop playing for a bit to work on some other stuff.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Even without the trading improvements premium stash tabs are always worth it.

Failing that, portal effects, I guess?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yep, green aura = run the gently caress away

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Cinara posted:

I absolutely hate people who edit the message like that. If they just tack on something at the end like "would you accept X?" then I am willing to entertain their offers.

You know that's just what poe.trade puts on your clipboard when you hit "Whisper", right?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Safari Disco Lion posted:

He edited the message to 1 chaos instead of 3, as it should be from the stash tab.

....drat, I got whooshed.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Most of us in the SC league.

^^^ Seriously, Labyrinth is HC enough for me. I can deal with one bad move/lag spike/server hiccup destroying an hour's worth of work.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Bay Area goons: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1608788

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Shinino Kage posted:

I will....eventually.

I need it at level 50 - until I get a 6L Carcass Jack. THEN I'll vaal it.

You don't really get "Vaal it", do you?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

e:f;b

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Looks like it's a Duelist Slayer with Overwhelm ("Always Stun Enemies That Are on Full Life"), using damage conversion to convert all physical damage to not-fire and Avatar of Fire to deal no not-fire damage to deal no damage period.

vvv Ah, that's probably it. Couldn't quite figure out how to get all the damage conversion to work with the weapons he was holding.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 10, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Mortimer posted:

Are blue vagan daggers with "hits cannot be evaded" actually worth dozens of chaos

It does allow you to go for high crit without having to invest any points in accuracy, so...

ImsaKidd posted:

I guess I missed it as well- anyone want to let us in on the secret?

It turns out that Vagan can in fact de-socket a Tabula.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Thanks to the kind goon who carried me through cruel lab after I ripped to Izaro 3 at 1%.

Live by Evasion/Phase Acrobatics, die by getting one shot because they both rolled "1".

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

theshim posted:

Hmm...do traps and totems count their own distance for Point Blank, or the player's? That could actually be kind of strong.

Their own. A few leagues back Chin Sol Puncture Trap was a thing.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

I'm very new to this, still going through the normal campaign.

I'm sure I have an awful build, but I've just been focusing on the nodes that add minion stuff, and generally summoning a bunch of zombies and blasting things with an ice pulse spell.

How far will this sort of strategy get me until I have to make a new character to progress? Can I expect to get through the normal campaign? Through Cruel?

Normal is a cakewalk (obviously) and necromancer builds take a while before they really get going. Are you focusing on zombies, spectres, skeletons or raging spirits?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Raise Spectre requires level 28 and is a quest reward for Witch in the middle of Act 3.

Zombies and Specrtes very much scale with gem level, I think mid-cruel is when they really start kicking rear end (with the right passives/support gems, of course).

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

The only things I'm aware of that guild membership changes are the guild chat channel, access to guild stash, and having the glorious PANTS IN EXILE text float over your head

Don't forget "GOATSE" in front of your name.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

resting bort face posted:

What do I need to know about the passive that gives me an extra totem but makes me do zero damage?

Pretty much exactly what it sounds like.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Haven't they said that their ultimate goal is a single 10 act progression?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Bushiz posted:

Thanks, everyone.

After an hour of dicking around, I seem to be coming into magic items way more often than I'm coming into scrolls of wisdom, should I be vendoring unidentified blues, picking up every white item I find and vendoring them for scrolls to identify the blues, or just throwing unidentified poo poo in my stash and expecting to come into a shitload of scrolls of wisdom at some point.

Here's what I pick up when starting out in a league:

*All currency (duh)
*R-G-B linked items (sell to town vendor for Chromatic Orb)
*Smaller weapons/armor/flasks with quality. Vendor 40% worth of quality in one go for a Blacksmith's Whetstone/Armourer's Scrap/Glassblower's Bauble. The former I stop collecting after I get enough Scrolls of Wisdom (Whetstones vendor 1:4 Wisdom, Scraps 1:2). Baubles are for end-game crafting potions.
*All Rares. ID, save whatever might help your current/future characters, vendor the crap. You're probably not going to find anything worth selling to other players at level <50.
*All Uniques. At worst, you might get something that'll make leveling another character easier.
*Blue items that might help out your current character.

One thing that would help would be to look into using an Item Filter. There are plenty of pre-made ones out there that will help you sort the wheat from the chaff. I personally use Neversink's.

Subsequent characters I only look at rares that might help me or a future character out. Makes leveling much faster since I'm stopping far far less than the first time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I probably wouldn't touch trading until Merciless unless it's for a unique that your build uses that can be used sooner.

• Locked thread