Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Hi guys,

I found a lightning coil some days ago on hc talisman and was hoping to sell it for the big bux.
However the price for a non linked coil seems to be fixed at 5 ex, while I saw coils go for 12+ ex last league.
Will these prices change further in the season?
If they stay at 5ex I thought I might as well craft and use it since its perfect for my build anyway..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Acht posted:

Thanks a lot. I'll keep using it while I level. Perhaps change it once I get to maps.

@Mikojan; any decent internet where you are? :)

Well its africa so if i want internet i have to go out and shoot it.

No poe for me till 25th, untill then this insanely good app poemate is keeping me busy to devise builds.

Got like 5 builds lined up now!

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Dreggon posted:

i am also thinking 4 raging spirit totems maybe with the minion explode on death passive

While that does sound awesome, raging spirits don't explode on running out of duration afaik? So having lots more up wont matter a lot unless the monsters have AOE?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Someone please explain Deadly Infusion in the shadow assassin tree to me. Does it boost base crit chance on spells? Does it boost base crit chance on weapons?
With about 600% crit (assuming 6 charges)that is an extra 21% crit on top of everything... insane?

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 23, 2016

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Sharay posted:

Yes and yes.

Well gently caress me.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I'm trying to think up a build that focusses on on projectile damage in a CoC setup with quill rain and drillneck.

Barrage - CoC - pierce - spark - Etherial Knives - increased crit

End build should looks soemthing close like This. Having about +200% HP, acrobatics and around 300% proj dmg with drillneck.

My biggest concern is crit capping quill rain without assasin ascendancy.

But just pretend I would be able to get near crit cap, is this still a bad build?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

are the performance updates live already? (the multithreading thing?)

-edit- Not dropping below 144FPS so I'm going to guess yes

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 15, 2016

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

So new mjolner has 100% chance to cast a single spell while the old mlojner had a 30% chance to cast on every spell in the weapon?

I'd say this is a small buff for arc mjolner or something?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

nightwisher posted:

I guess not proccing so often, but much more reliably on single target and small packs is an overall benefit, and makes it more appealing to run supports in the other slots as opposed to more spells to try to trigger. It should cut down on the horrible lag Mjolner can produce too. Though the 500ms cooldown on triggered gems applies to Mjolner now too, right?

ouch forgot about that, 500ms probably brings down the casts on a single multistrike down to 2 at least. Mjolner has been the build that had my interest for the longest and got me in the highestmaps ive ever been, so I really want to try it again :(

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

53k people in queue before me

judging by http://steamcharts.com/app/238960#All that means this expansion must have the most popular launch so far?

- edit- 66k

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I've been playing a Juggernaut Arc Mjolner to lvl 82 now and I'm having a blast of a time.

The only thing that is really slowing me down from time to time is single target damage.

Is there a way I could try and mitigate this?

My aoe attack is: Lightning strike - faster - multi - fortify
My single target attack is: Molten strike - faster - multi - culling

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 21, 2016

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Also rolling CoC against the meta and just wondering about the new internal cooldowns:

.2 seconds for CoC and .5 for every spell individually. What does this mean for the optimal setup?

2 spells and a support gem with a .1s of nothing happening, or 3 spells where you can a spell proc every internal cooldown?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

dyzzy posted:

Suppose I want to grab a shavs and switch from CI to a LL setup. I assume I'll still get torn apart if I don't also get a lot of chaos resistance?

Well you will get torn apart as much as every other non ci character I guess. Most get some res but going for vast amounts sounds like very late game minmaxing with a lot of currency to burn? Get whatever amount you want but just pay attention to chaosy map bosses

Edit - was also quite funny seeing that Bervik guy go from beeing the possible savior of D3 to an untalented hack in the span of just a few pages in some thread on Diablofans

Fanoys are the worst

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 19, 2016

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I have 1500 hours in this game and put a grand total of about 20 euros down on stash tabs.

I almost feel guilty for not buying those 40 buck wings. Almost.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I can't start the game up in DX11 without immediatly crashing.

Anyone else having this problem?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I'm going to start the league with a wildstriker.

Just deciding between shadow (trickster or assassin) and ranger (raider)

thoughts?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Need an invite! my char name is MAGICMAX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

request reinvite for the guild

name: AMAZINGMIKE

• Locked thread