Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Welp, looks like another league of Scion & Marauder everywhere! Why they decided to nerf the life on the right side of the tree I will never understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Kild posted:

um how was it nerfed

A couple of the %life nodes near the Shadow tree got nerfed , Blood Siphon in particular. That cluster went from 24% life for 3 points to 20%. The extra %life went over to Nullification, which means you need to spend an extra 2 skill points to get 1% more total life than you had before, which is utter poo poo.

If you want to start as a Ranger/Witch/Shadow and be life-based you're basically forced to take the Scion life wheel.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Kild posted:

Thats literally the only one I see nerfed and its only 4%.

"Only 4%" is really lovely when you consider how much more life Marauder/Scion/Templar/Duelist get access to on the left side of the tree.

There currently isn't a compelling reason to start on the right side of the tree when you can only get like 135% life as opposed to like, 180% (without taking the Scion life wheel, which was my complaint)

Look at the class distribution for Darkshrine, both SC and HC. Top 100 spots are all dominated by Marauder/Scion, with like 80% showing between the two of them

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 8, 2015

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

AegisP posted:

You can end up with a 190% life starting Ranger if you take literally every right side Shadow & Ranger % life node (excluding Melding which is the ES/life hybrid wheel), and then pathing into Duelist to pickup Golem's Blood and Bravery.

Shadow's at a slight disadvantage compared to Ranger as they don't immediately have 17% max life within the first 5 points.

What level character did you end up with? I just threw together a cyclone Marauder that ends up at 186% life at level 73. No Scion life wheel, and I took basically every good damage node a cycloner would take.

At level 80 and most of the Scion life wheel he's at 230%.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

TheRat posted:

No. I dont go west of duelist at all. Here's my work-in-progress tree (needs updated offline calc). I cant make up my mind about the shadow-area, because of the clusterfuck that is the new nodes there. Other than that I'm pretty happy with it. One option I'm considering is dropping the damage nodes below shadow crit for frenzy charges. I could also try to work in weapon artistry/aspect of the lynx.

E: This isnt something I've come up with myself btw. I came across this and tried to update it to 2.1.
I should rephrase and say that it is possible, but quite a lot less efficient. Your character at level 93-96 (depending upon act 2 skillpoints vs other benefits) has 193% life and 154% evasion, vs the random level 80 cyclone marauder I just threw together that ends up with 210% life and 186% armor with 13 less points spent.

This isn't to showcase that cyclone is overpowered (because it is, at least until the patch notes show up), but more to show that it's significantly easier to build a tanky dude over on the left side of the tree.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I was thinking of trying a hybrid explosive arrow MF build at the start of the league, which may or may not end up being terrible.

It looks like this (you'll need the updated offline skill tree)

Basically the idea is to level with flame totem/searing bond and swap over to explosive arrow MF when I can get a soul strike quiver and quill rain or a +3 bow. If the build ends up being terrible I can also just mulligan into a totem MF dude.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

funmanguy posted:

I scoured a 5L 400 pdps harb in the 1.3 days. It was about 15-25ex value lost.

I'm pretty sure I've made many mistakes in poe worse than anyone else in the guild. I am not good at video games.

Holy poo poo, that blows. How did you manage to do that?

TheRat posted:

I fought a dog. Dont fight dogs.
Village Ruin? That dog is a murderer, straight up one shotted me through like 25k armor and 7500 hp when he was enraged. Learned that lesson real fast.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 11, 2015

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Ekster posted:

Whenever I died I would usually stare at my screen for a minute, then immediately reroll. Most HC players I know of do more or less the same.

Pretty much this. The only times I get genuinely annoyed at HC deaths is when they are (mostly) outside my control; I lost a dude last league because I dc'ed while running out of Merc Voll's ground smash thing. Alt F4'ed the second I noticed, but still too late :(

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Some guy figured out that the threshold jewel for Barrage doesn't just add hits to the barrage itself, but also to any projectile that chains off of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCArJWWnZ6A

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

I happened to log on for a little bit while my ISP was not being lovely last night and caught Xavori talking about corrupting an armorer's box, and just then I found a +7 items/+2 sockets box myself so I tried the same thing. Out popped a 6-link BBBGGG evasion body with nice mods. While I'm pretty sure I could sell it for ~3 exalts I've never actually played with a 6-link item before so I'll be keeping that. 10/10 would vaal again :iamafag:

You're welcome!

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

quote:

Fixed a bug where you could not get stunned while wearing the Skyforth boots with the Blood Magic Keystone allocated.
Hahaha, 500% of 0 = 0

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

TheRat posted:

I think our point is less that we're offended and more that you're really dumb.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

What are some good auras self-buffs for a Marauder using Cyclone linked with the Blood Magic gem? I want to leave a little bit of mana left over to summon golems and poo poo. Running Herald of Ash and Determination right now.

EDIT: Herald of Ash isn't an aura :downs:
As Cyclone I would consider Hatred + Herald of Ash + Arctic Armor, reserving 100% of your mana. AA doesn't do much while you're moving but the slow is actually really nice.

4 link somewhere with like Enduring Cry + Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Golem, OR put it on your CWDT setup in place of a curse; CWDT + IC + Duration + Golem/Curse (I like Enfeeble, Temp chains also good)

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Rip 3rd mod.
Nothing rip about it, that is probably better than a garbage third mod. This gives you more room to multimod other useful stuff onto it.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

quote:

The pieces which remain after shattering an enemy are now removed after a short period of time. This results in a general improvement to client performance in areas full of shattered enemies.
Thank god, this is a huge change! Maybe now I won't go to 1 fps if I shatter a room full of mobs.

Also, is anyone having issues logging in? I can't seem to log in on any of the US servers.

Edit: Oh, down for maintenance apparently.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
For the dude who asked about Oro's Flicker:

Marauder version

Templar version

Here's a Ranger version

Marauder is probably best overall, more life. Ranger version trades a bit of life, 10% ignite chance and some elemental damage for 2 more frenzy charges and Vaal Pact, which is kind of cool for not dying instantly to ele reflect.

The 2H damage nodes near duelist are because you use a Fireborn jewel there to turn all of them into fire damage.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 25, 2015

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

the highest difficulty was randomly running into a pack of frost wallers and getting pushed into a corner while they repeatedly dropped freezing bombs on you

The highest difficulty was getting two shotted by a regular mob as a Barb/Monk in A3 in the best possible tank setup/gear available while Sorcs/DH's wore glass cannon gear and were able to clear everything by the virtue of having damage immunity mechanics

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Kild posted:

Eh my gear wasn't that good on my Monk and I only died going to act 2 until I got better gear and then didn't die again until Diablo all prenerf

I'm talking about like, Patch 1.0.3 (June or so) where it literally didn't matter what gear you had in A3+, if you got hit more than once you died. Most rares just one shotted you anyway.

It was definitely possible but I am going to call you a filthy liar if you try to tell me you did all of A3 and A4 without dying until Diablo. Either you are the best Monk player who ever existed or you're talking about some point post nerfs.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Thoughts on Champion Duelist with a bow skill (probably LA)? Permanent 24% Fortify and a ton of extra evasion/armor/movespeed seems really good on a LA character and it means I can probably afford to run less life and more damage.

Free +1 chain from Deadeye Ranger seems amazing too, though.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Are people seriously complaining about needing premium tabs to do the new in-game trading method? If you've played this free game for 100+ hours just give GGG some money in support you cheap bastard.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
poedb has datamined values for Ascendancy gems up

It looks like Earthquake got super nerfed already; the aftershock used to be 80% more damage, and is now just increased :(

Neversink's filter is also updated

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Saki posted:

If anyone can critique my terrible Juggernaut build that would be great. I'm using Earthquake, Enduring Cry, Warlords Mark and Leaping strike. Oh, and Herald Of Ash. Cheers.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...07wH_ZI9zL46w==
Looks good so far!

Here is my recommendation for a level 80-ish build.

Instead of going directly up through Born to Fight into the Templar area, I would go left through Butchery and the other 2H melee damage nodes over to Barbarism and then up into Templar, but that's personal preference.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
To all the dudes who helped me fund a Headhunter: you rock, I will pay you back ASAP.

Belt owns, game owns, etc

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

I can't handle owing people 100 hours of coin farming!

If I actually sell the drat thing at that price everyone who helped will receive a cut.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

How is sunder looking as a first char build option?

Sunder is good, but Earthquake is basically always going to be better once you get to it. Use Sunder to level to 28, then start quakin'

Edit: best vaal brick I've ever seen

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 8, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
This is amazing :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYiYHj1ktHw
Some dude figured out how to make a 0 dps perma-stun vacuum cyclone build

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

Let's figure out kind of gimmicky builds

Iron Commander 600 Dex Siege Ballista build!

4 Siege Ballistas up, scale with crit and flat elemental damage.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I saw someone who got 1200 dex for 7 ballistas, it looked like a marauder set demonhunter from diablo 3, just a wall of turrets mowing everything down.

Whats the best build option if I want to run around as fast as possible and clear 2+ screens worth of enemies in a split second, spark, ice trap or some kind of bow thing?

How in the gently caress did he get 1200 dex without completely gimping the rest of his stats :psyduck:

I'm intrigued now

dis astranagant posted:

Astramentis, Black Sun Crest and dex on every item.
I can see the Black Sun Crest, but Astramentis would definitely gimp your stats otherwise. Also it would be possible to get a rare amulet with dex close to that with only two suffix mods, technically. T1 all stats + T1 dex roll + jade base = 107

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 21, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Well I was looking for something that a) doesn't need uniques and b) at least vaugely resembles what you want to play at endgame. Ice trap does look fun though, thanks.

Firestorm Trap is cool and good, and available super early.

Firestorm + Trap + added cold or lightning in a 3 link +1 fire skills scepter will get you to 30+ easy.

Alternatively, buy a Fencoil for literally 1 alt and use that.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
That ring is worth like 13-14 ex, I'd bet.

God drat.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Mortimer posted:

close, like 4-5 but still nice ring
The cheapest one on poe.trade that has similar stats is 6 ex, and his is quite a lot better.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Can't seem to get on IRC. Can I grab a ginvite?

Ingame name is Zadiel.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Is IRC busted? Been trying to get on it to get a guild invite, but it won't load for me :(

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I wonder if a Trickster version of the shield charge build might work? Your main attack would no longer cost mana, and you could go crit daggers or something.

Only major problem might be getting strength for shield charge itself, but I suppose you could use jewelry for that.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Aren't there dex to str jewels as well?

Sure, but that means you're not using a more useful jewel in its place; a +8% ES jewel with a bunch of other damage mods is infinitely more valuable.

That might work until I have amazing gear, though.

Here is an incredibly terrible skill tree for crit dagger shield charge that noone should follow ever

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 6, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I'd welcome some recommendations; the points are a bit stretched thin as it is.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Not sure if this is legit or not, but some dude just found the silliest Ventor's I've ever seen on softcore:

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
The thing is, the discharge change does almost nothing for CoC builds; it is strictly a quality of life buff for self-cast discharge. I don't think discharge itself is op, but I do think the interaction between it and CoC pushes it there.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Speaking of ridiculously tanky homebrew builds, here is my low life KB Guardian running 8 auras

I'm running Anger, Wrath, triple Purity, Discipline, Determination, Clarity, and Herald of Ice, most of which are in a +2 aura gems item; I'm using both Alpha's Howl and Prism Guardian. Because I'm Guardian, I get 160% of my reserved life as base armor (base meaning modified by increased/more armor effects), which means I get a thoroughly stupid amount of free armor despite not really having any on my gear.

At level 84, I have 23600 armor with no flasks running, 5600 ES and 83/83/83/20 resists, plus a ~20k GMP KB setup with frostwall. It's definitely slower than a normal KB or Obliteration wander, but decidedly less paper!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I want to try a lovely crit spell trap gimmick for next league. No Bladefall, no Ice Trap.

Think Ice Nova or Freezing Pulse would work as a trap? I'd probably build it as CI Saboteur.

• Locked thread