Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

SuicideSnowman posted:

I wonder of the radius increase on Detonate Dead would make it a viable skill, I've always found it kind of lacking in PoE. In Diablo 2 I had a blast with a corpse explosion build back in the day.

I did a marauder based around Detonate Dead (open with Desecrate for some corpses and then boom boom boom boom) and it was quite strong. Burn damage was nice but the flat explosion damage did most of the work. It felt fine in teams too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Is this poo poo out yet

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Budgie posted:

but... they got nerfed... why are they MORE expensive?

Possibly because Blood Rage (the gem) got nerfed too :shrug:

Also it's very early in the league and they're a nifty item.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

Ugh, the wording is "Regenerate 0.50% of Debuff Damage as Life", which goes into the same recovery pool as if you have or don't have Zealot's Oath. I see now. No split pool sustaining here.

Now I'm considering reserving with Temp Chains, Arctic Armour and Clarity, and manual-casting Vulnerability

This is what I do except I don't bother with Vuln - even vs act bosses it's just not that important except maybe in a full team. Spell totem/wither/spell echo/faster casting works for me.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Can't the poison effect stack, so it it kind of depends on a number of things? I got the impression it synergized really well with things like Bladefall, that do a series of high damage hits (larger values on the poison per stack and multiple stacks per cast). I think pbk also said it doesn't appear to have a stack cap, or at least it's pretty large if it does, so it might work well with things like Blade Vortex.

e: yes I realize that's what you two are arguing about but I dunno just talking here

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Cinara posted:

Number of hits, damage per hit, speed of hits, none of that makes a difference for poison, it's just a % damage mod that takes 2 seconds to get full value. It's a very strong %more modifier for pure phys/chaos builds, but takes 2 seconds to get full damage from which means it doesn't help your actual clear speed a ton. Extremely good on hard rares and bosses though!

I see, thanks.

e: actually are there passives that make the duration longer, e.g. any of the regular old duration nodes or maybe something specific to poison?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Artificial Idiocy posted:

I don't think spell echo works with totems? If you're running wither totem in a 4L you'd be better off with Inc AoE or Inc Duration.

It appeared to but I'll take a closer look.
e: yeah I was seeing the 30% less cast speed mod that as part of spell totem and not realizing that's where it came from

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Dec 15, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I happened to log on for a little bit while my ISP was not being lovely last night and caught Xavori talking about corrupting an armorer's box, and just then I found a +7 items/+2 sockets box myself so I tried the same thing. Out popped a 6-link BBBGGG evasion body with nice mods. While I'm pretty sure I could sell it for ~3 exalts I've never actually played with a 6-link item before so I'll be keeping that. 10/10 would vaal again :iamafag:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Thinking of ways to apply BBBGGG:
Green attack/Cast on crit/4 spells (or GMP/3 spells)
Incinerate/echo/fire pen/gmp/slower/faster
Bladefall/conc/aoe/echo/poison/void manipulation (maybe controlled destruction instead of increased AOE)
e: leaning towards the last because it doesn't require any other gear and bladefall is shiny

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 17, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

corrupting chest armors has some sort of flat chance to 6link them. Vaaling armorer's boxes is actually a pretty good way to spend Vaal orbs.

Oh, I thought it was just fully linking whatever sockets were present but yes the "+2 sockets" mod on the chest didn't really have anything to do with it:

Reroll the item into a rare item with randomized sockets, links and six random affixes. If this result is chosen, there is a one in thirty-six chance the item will have the maximum number of sockets and links.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Pharnakes posted:

So what you're saying is if you have Vaal orbs and nothing much to do with them might as well use them on Armourer's Strongboxes regardless of other mods it might have?

I don't know about it myself but yes this seems to be a popular thing to do, and I'll be doing it myself from now on too on armourer's boxes that have some amount of flat increased quantity mod.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah I've done a lot of jeweler's boxes too, six-mod jewelry can sometimes come out pretty awesome.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Picer posted:

Am I really the only one hoping they will go "gently caress you. Pay up. You owe us some money you cheap fucks" and never putting premium stash tabs on sale again?

personally I hope they demand the contents of your nutsack because god knows I don't really have any use for what's in mine

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

ImsaKidd posted:

Not all of us are neckbeards who can eat $20 of fast food in one sitting.

GGG has just about the most generous F2P model they can have, almost no other company doesn't bury you in gambling clutter (lockboxes) or an outright pay to win structure.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I actually have stash tabs (not premium) and tbh I've never been particularly bothered to set up one of the trading utilities :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'm pretty sure 80-90% of the players who actually play something other than forum warrior do not give any shits about this one way or the other

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

re: noncrit lightning, it's not very relevant to how things are going to work with this new poo poo in Ascendancy but my ball lightning noncrit shadow was about one of the best characters I ever tried, the projectile/knockback was extremely effective and also hilarious.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It's a pretty big flaw in the game that armor/evasion is practically irrelevant unless you go massively into them and continue to fall off sharply as you level, while block and similar percentage based mechanics are just plain useful and don't have to wear diapers.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Detonate corpse, respect it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Hey uh, the Witch Mistress of Sacrifice Ascendency perk looks kind of neat. "Your Offering skills also affect you."
e: in fact that looks fun as hell, I'm gonna do that

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 10, 2016

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

They could be lying

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Ultima66 posted:

FYI Animate Weapon is horrifically overpowered and has likely always been way, way more powerful than SRS and Spectres, even at the times SRS/Spectres were considered by far the best build and people were making a big deal about their SRS doing over 2.5 million DPS on Atziri.

The problem is you have to play Animate Weapon.

I looked into this and yes, it checks out

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

A Strange Aeon posted:

It seems like everyone is joking about Animate Weapon being awful--so what makes it so bad?

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15vSggNYr1o

Imagine how fun it must be to stop in the middle of a boss fight and open your inventory and drag a bunch of poo poo to throw it on the ground to then cast Animate Weapon on.

On a different note what can I do with this Romira's Banquet I found?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I think ... I think it is time to make a Dominating Blow witch. Yes. e: Does Minion Instability work with Necromancer/Beacon of Corruption (minions explode for chaos damage on death)?

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Mar 12, 2016

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Could I get a guild invite for Bogsnatch please, thanks.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The only things I'm aware of that guild membership changes are the guild chat channel, access to guild stash, and having the glorious PANTS IN EXILE text float over your head

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't have an opinion about the dude because frankly I "don't get" streaming video games or why people watch that poo poo, them but there is something wrong with that particular map, that kind of thing has happened to me too many times with that one.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Mistress of Sacrifice with Bone Offering jumps out as pretty OK but I stumble along chugging potions :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

No, that's what it LOOKS like you're supposed to do, but it is actually very much not what you should do. Instead you should buy the pieces that are way better than what you're likely to make for yourself for 1c each (if that). If you have no chaos drops so far then maybe you can get someone to take fusings/jeweler's for them. You'd be shocked how cheap people sell things for vs. how much you'll spend trying to make stuff even half as good. Even uniques, look on poe.trade and see what linked ones sell for.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Fuckin Steam taking an hour to apply a 1.1mb patch, I really have to get away from that.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

There's a ratcheting sound that is like a mechanical egg timer it makes before it goes off, if you kids didn't have your drat rap music turned up so loud maybe you could hear it :corsair:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Count Uvula posted:

If you have a good feel for the Izaro 3 fight from normal and cruel, you can do it at 68 with most builds.

If you're a remarkably bad player, like I am, you can do Cruel at about that level, like I do!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Here's a cool thing: Minion Instability (minions explode for fire damage at low life) and Necromancer's Beacon of Corruption (minions emit a cloud of chaos DOT on death) work together. Also I'm reasonably sure that overlapping multiple DOT clouds from Beacon of Corruption all do their damage to any targets inside them. :iia:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

play until the game stuffs you into a hole in the ground and then shits on your exposed head

then come back and ask us what went wrong. the answers will make a lot more sense then

This sounds like a joke but is not.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Guys it's totally normal if someone spends money that could pay for an entire house, on a single video game I don't see what the big deal is :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Awesome! posted:

you can buy a car for 20k. a car is basically a house with wheels

You could buy like five cars for $20k and park them in different places and be able to brag about having a vacation home on the beach and a little place (very little) in the city

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Well I got my account separated from Steam but apparently I am one of those people who gets stuck on "Checking resources..." :smith:

e: I give up, all the solutions for this problem either didn't work for me or are super retarded. I guess I'd rather wait an hour per patch than not play at all :shrug:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 17, 2016

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

I think Lab can be done at any time, once you have >3k ehp, and have your defences set up, a decent amount of regen, and have a good single target skill. You don't need to kill most mob packs in Lab.

I'm sure they're mainly there to refill your flasks that you chugged getting over traps.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

euphronius posted:

When are people re rolling? Level 80?

First was a witch with Occultist Bladefall/Poison crit stuff, which was oddly dull, then a witch with Necromancer Dominating Blow, still really fun at 75 except totally stumped by merciless Izaro, and now ranger with Pathfider Someshit which seems extremely broken/fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

RunnyCrits, sorry, Steam just dropped a patch on me which generally takes an hour to apply so I guess I won't be able to go along for that map :shrug:

• Locked thread