Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Hey guys, this looks like an amazing change of pace from Diablo 3 so I'm looking to make my first character. Goddamn that skill tree is insane.

What's the meteorb sorc of this game? I just want an easy first character I can farm gear with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
I've played for nearly 100 hours this season and I am no where close to being able to afford a 5link shavs. I'm at about 3ex. At this point it is much, much easier for me to buy these 3$ exalts all the botters are selling than to grind strand for another 100 hours.

I've never heard of GGG doing a mass ban wave of bots? Granted I don't pay much attention to announcements outside of patch notes.

If this game continues to gain popularity they're gonna need to step it up in regards to policing the economy or it's just going to become a larger and larger deterrent for new players.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

Cinara posted:

If you're at 3ex after 100 hours the problem isn't the economy.

It's definitely something they'll need to address but I'll give it to you that I accumulate currency pretty slow.

I'm closer to 5ex if I sold all my gear. I've got a kaoms heart I could sell, along with some really nice RF +str +life stuff.

I guess I haven't played enough to know what rares I should be identifying because generally I'm just picking up rings and belts (and I pricecheck all the unique I get) to save inventory space/trips back to my hideout. Then even when I get something good I have to tab out and play poe.trade for a bit to figure out how much it's worth. I did follow Pohx's atlas guide so I'm running the right maps mostly.

Last season I was carried by back-to-back exalted orb drops in a zana daily map.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

do RF totems stack or can you only take damage from one RF source at a time? I can't check wiki :/

One RF at a time

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
When exactly does it launch on the 4th? If it launches at midnight NZ time won't that be like 8AM of the 3rd EST?

I just started playing in legacy so I'm not sure how this has worked in the past. I've worked every drat holiday this year so I'M TAKING OFF TO PLAY VIDYA GAMES.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Yeah you just have to play enough to get to the point where getting a new character up to snuff to use your fancy new gear is only a 8 hour or so investment. That's as good as it's gonna get here.

Anyone else have a plan for their first 3.0 character yet? I want to so a magma orb ignite type build since you'll be able to get the threshold gems off a vendor. Or maybe an elemental EK nova. Going health and MoM for both of them unless good CO gear ends up being super cheap because of the nerfs.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

What is the best place for plans/guides/etc?

There's the class forums on the official site, and as we get closer to 3.0 the big streamers will start posting YouTube videos for good starting builds (Mathil, ziggyd, liftingnerd & zizaran probably).

Most things you find for the 2.6 patch will still work in 3.0 as long as they aren't centered around ignite or poison.

RE: doing every quest - generally you just wanna hit the stuff that gives you a skill point and try to blast through areas killing stuff you run into. Try and run 2 quicksilver flasks if you can and ignore other stats on your boots in exchange for 20% movespeed.

Twist And Pout! fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 21, 2017

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
That's rad as hell and I might touch a darkshrine now.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
I was gonna go crit frostbolt totems to start 3.0.

Dunno what everyone is complaining about. :smug:

(It really is hilarious that they announced a unique and then made the unique pointless before we ever got to even use the thing, RIP Tinkerskin)

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
GGG already has a response to the backlash in the development manifesto section of their website. Phone posting so I can't link it easily.

Chris basically says "guys we DO play poe please stop saying we don't" along with why they made the changes.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Charged Dash Totem Hierophant. When I fail to make it work I'll throw frostbolts in there to farm for my next character.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

Washout posted:

Which is the tankiest? I have totally poo poo ping but I guess I'll give it another try with all the new poo poo and better netcode from last time I played 2 years ago.

The chieftain build will be very tanky. And with the network changes be sure to switch it off of predictive. That will make it so it freezes everything in place when you lag instead of letting you move around and come back to a dead character.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

Noper Q posted:

That would be exciting, but Charged Dash is an attack, not a spell, so I don't think it'll work.

I'm crying. Why is lightning dash an attack and fire dash a spell? The world will never know.

Back to the drawing board. The threshold gem vendor in Act 5 really opens up all sorts of fun stuff. Each gem only costs an alch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

George posted:

Thinking about Cyclone, it looks like Berserker if I want to min/max and Juggernaut if I want to not die?

Slayer is a good middle ground between those two as well. Lots of leech for survivability, stun immunity and some two handed damage and AoE to top it off.

• Locked thread