Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012

Vasudus posted:

Yeah, Standard is a dumping ground for most people. Some people like playing on it and I can't really fault them for it, but it seems so boring. But hey, whatever makes people happy.

I too, like many, use it for a testing ground. You typically get a free full respec every league so I always have a level 90+ character with a blank slate ready to test whatever dumb ideas I have.

So, pardon me as a newer player, but each new League ultimately means you're starting from scratch? It just sort of feels like going all League all the time means you're in an eternal rat race that keeps resetting, whereas Standard lets you actually keep a character you like. Am I off-base somehow? Truly want to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
Just started playing a little over a week ago. I just kind of want to know, to put it flatly, if off-meta builds can be workable for endgame stuff, or if you're more or less obligated to be a meta-slave if you want to beat the hardest content?

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
Just trying to make sure I understand prophecies. So, sometimes you'll enter a new area and a prophecy you can complete in that area will show up in purple text on the right. But other times you'll complete a similar prophecy without any warning. Clearly when the text is there the encounter is forced. But the other times it means you just completed it by random luck? I just sort of expected the prophecy to always appear if it was available for the area.

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
Okay, I think I kinda get it now, thank you for the in-depth answer.

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
So I got a random rare ilvl 100 body armor from divination cards, and of course the one I got isn't good. Question is, is it worth to keep and use chaos orbs on it simply because it's 100 ilvl? I have no idea. Base is Carnal Armour if that means anything.

• Locked thread