Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012
Is vaal spark still the same? I saw the hit to chill of corruption, but that doesn't even seem that bad.

I kinda wanted to try and start from templar so I could have one to test with inquisitor w/ ascensions but it just feels like too many points to grab some skill duration and all the crit multis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012
Would any one like to take a look at my character 'BloodyMez' and see if there is any glaring optimizations I may have missed? I hit 91 last and realized I am running out of skill points and still want many things. Mainly life.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mezlat/characters

I started the character with no real plan other then I wanted to play with Gladiator and Gratuitous Violence. Currently it has become an attempt at max aoe cyclone vacuum.

Notable problems:

Single Target Damage: My main cyclone tooltip w/ auras is 5,371. This is because of using the prismatic eclipse for weapon range offers poo poo base damage. To keep with the vacuum gimmick I don't have very good damage links - I mainly use Cyclone - Fortify - Blood Magic - Life Gain on Hit - Knock Back - Increase AoE. This works fine on clearing trash and most rares(thanks to Gratuitous Violence explosions)

I've set up a weapon swap with better damage links in a Kaom's Primacy: Cyclone - Melee Phys - Bloodlust - Life Gain on Hit - Blood Magic. tooltip: 12,340.
This is better but clunky. Since my main cyclone is in my chest, when I weapon swap the Cyclone skills don't replace each other and I'll end up using the weaker cyclone still since its on my right mouse.

Low max life total: The skill tree planner shows me at 161% max life%, currently in gear at 4,949. I am unwilling to currently change my gloves and neck which offer no flat life. My current helm offers no life, and I'm not really sure if its even ideal in the build, up for recommendations.

Otherwise, I've gone super greedy on AoE, and Bleed. I'm going to test dropping nodes from the Dirty Techniques wheel in hope of freeing up 9 points. I would also like to drop the Blood Letting wheel if I can apply bleeds well enough with Gratuitous Violence alone. Any thing I do free up here would be moved towards the scion life wheel.

Finally, I've currently got 4 free skill points to spend. I think my options are picking up 2 jewel sockets (located: scion towards witch, and witch area) or pick up 2 strength nodes and drop into the scion wheel for Constitution.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

funmanguy posted:

Dumb, all you guys. He wasn't asking how to make a better character. He was asking how to optimize what he has with the goals that he has set.

Not dumb.

Here is the build in action for any one curious - Its not really as bad as I made it sound in the post asking for advice.

Yes my pc is garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwInsy6hzss

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

soscannonballs posted:

So Mezwarp in the guild (don't know forums name sorry) let me borrow his 6L Atziri's Disfavour to test on my EQ Juggernaut to see how it compares to Marohi. It does way more damage, so I guess I know what I am saving my currency for.

its me

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Another evening of NOT getting Junith or Treasury, im kinda getting fed up with the league.
Missing 3 achievements for the portal effect out of

Chests
Guardians
Enchantments
Trinkets
ID T1 uniques
Vaal Temple
Zana level 8

Those two plus trinkets seemed like the most reasonable ones.
I have never gotten zana to 8, and will not get to this in this league either, 4 T1 uniques challenge means 8 ex minimum, cant afford at this time.
Enchantment-challenge is retarded lottery, so thats out of question too.
Vaal Temple is 2 Ex, thats ok. Still leaves 2 though, one of which will likely be trinkets if the last one i need spawns.
Leaves one more, so im still stuck with getting lucky on Treasury or Junith in the end.

I have found 3 treasuries since reading your post and you are never on. I am currently holding an instance with one if you're around

e: treasury gone

You can probably buy a spot in a Vaal Temple for around 20c rather then the entire map.

Nezkar fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 14, 2016

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Oh, sorry, Dark Souls kinda got in the way.
I appreciate what you have done there, wish i had been around.

Do you remember where you found the treasuries?

t6, temple was the one I was holding for you, but I've also seen them in Ship Grave Yard Cave in act 1 merci - my cadiro hunting spot.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

resting bort face posted:

I really wish this game had more graphics settings I could turn down. Hearing my fan kick into overdrive every time a Perandus pack appears onscreen is getting super old.

guide/how to: ULTRA LOW settings for weak systems

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/177500

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

This is the most ostentatious thing I've ever seen.

How are you even going to cap your resists?

probably with guardian strats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD8BgtMCWhw

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

soscannonballs posted:

So I guess instead of a race season for this league they are doing a 2 week race with a bunch of different prize drawings: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655464. Guess I need to hit 100 by then. My plan is to make another EQ guy since I feel like I can really do well with the build considering how much I have played it, but I am wondering if I should stick with Juggernaut or go Champion for the race. Personally, I think Juggernaut is the better class, but in a 2 week race I don't know how likely it will be that I get a good 5L to run Poisonquake since if I go Juggernaut I wouldn't have room for a poison gem with only 4 links due to using Fortify gem. Of course, there are probably a lot more people who are going to play Champion than Juggernaut, so maybe my chances of getting cool stuff would still be better with Juggs. Anyone else planning on participating, and if so what are you planning on running? Also, I am going to try Hardcore for this, but if I die (more like when) I will probably reroll in the standard competition because I feel like I can probably get to 80 fairly quickly which is the highest level you need to hit to be eligible for all the prize drawings.

I was thinking about playing in it - I didn't really enjoy how grindy it got after 93 tho. I'd be down to play something more group friendly like a MF culler tho. I don't think i'd wanna go hard solo

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012
Hopefully we can get an idea of what the asscendancy class balances are before the league starts. There were some cool ideas in some of the less popular classes.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Xequecal posted:

The real problem with this is you lose so much damage from having to use suboptimal gems that it's just not worth it. I assume you're using the CotB ring to convert lightning to cold and then using the Cold to Fire gem. The problem is the Cold to Fire gem will only give you an effective 15% more mod at level 20 because only half the initial hit's damage was converted to cold, so the "added as" bonus only applies to half your damage. It's going to be fairly difficult for the synergy you get from this to make up for a lost 35% more damage that you could have gotten had you been able to use a different gem.

He's got avatar of fire in that build, when you throw CotB on it you will do nothing but fire with out a loss.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Gibbo posted:

I completely missed that they were talisman only.

Thank you for saving me minutes of annoyance

Yo the retch is a pretty sweet belt - It was probably the least impactful in my build - but still one of my favorite items i collected last league. I ripped my 6L disfavour to a vaal orb but won't touch my retch with one.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

soscannonballs posted:

Got my first Core map today. I forgot to start recording until Phase 2, but here is Jeb vs Malachai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bhJCHLxKA

Jeb strats are my favorite, just stand in it.

also he is throwing a lot of raisins at you.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012
What are some cool build ideas for templars I can use to fill out most of my atlas? I've got a dude at 72 and I haven't ascended because I have no idea what I want to do. Is a doomfletch's prism - inquisitor pretty good / cheap enough to start with? And if any one has played one do you have a build I can look at?

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

The Real Foogla posted:

uh but what skills you got right now? you can't just revamp everything at 72

and yeah doomfletch works with inquisitor, just remember to increase your physical damage not elemental

Ha thats what you think! I'm running cyclone on a 5L but two of those blood magic and LGOH, not actual damage. I leveled as templar planning to respec into an aura-bot guardian at some point so I've collected all my re-spec points from quest and what not

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

UberJumper posted:

Can someone tell me what i should try and improve and work on for my LA/BR ranger, i bought a doomfletch to replace my old bow, but it simply didn't do very much:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/UberJumper/characters

I cannot get passed Mercless lab (i am literally running around in circles against Izaro, while trying to plink his health down). I can do t8-t9 fairly well.

I feel i have screwed up my build, as i am insanely squishy, and simply cannot do very much dps.

Sup DFP buddy - Heres my dude, tho my gear is still pretty god awful. You mainly need to stack up some flat phys to do the dps. Im not sure about raiders, but it works well on inquistors!

I've got some whack points spent around duelist because I ran out respec orbs.

The Real Foogla posted:

as soon as you pick up your Prism you have to go all in on phys damage (flat and percentage): DFP triples from your shown physical dps, LA (and the other elemental bow skills) reduces the physical dps. I would invest a coupla c to get a high level Tornado Shot (and ditch the Blast Rain) or split shot

Why is LA bad? I was trying both T-Shot and LA, and while T-Shot can work with both single/aoe, I feel like LA clears way beter off screen. The conversion you get on LA shouldn't really effect the bonus damage your getting from DFP?

Nezkar fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Sep 15, 2016

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

The Real Foogla posted:

I actually can't find any hard rules for this (I always thought it does, but then again it is a unique mechanic, and those can break the "rules"). You may have to compare dps, but lazy me always just goes TS anyways.

Time to check some tool tips... oh wait, that doesn't work either

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

ShutteredIn posted:

Kaom's is the worst offender I think, 3 zones that look exactly the same is a slog.

scepter of god, and upper scepter of god is like 6 zones of the same.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Acht posted:

Going to try the Coil option.
Looks like all the Shadow builds call themselves tanky, because they can take less crit nodes and travel to the Scion life wheel. Otherwise they are identical builds.
I'll need to buy two or three new items (anyway) that I will focus lightning resistance on and I should be ok.

Still unsure about single target. It's not bad, but I feel there should be better options than Blast Rain on a Prism.

edit: Well, 6c and a new belt later and I've gained Coil's effect, 100 life and ~7% dps unbuffed. Let's see if it's noticable.

Your characters seem to be private.

I was using the LA/BR setup on my inquis but switched to just Tornado Shot when I got a +1 drillneck/koams. If you're rocking spots for a 2nd 5/6L you can use barrage for single target as well.

Funmez is the character, I've done 116 maps on the atlas and phoneix guardian.

Im still trying to roll my own steel rings /gripped gloves, and will be switching to a rats nest soon as i get one with tornado shot enchant.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012
pretty sure i tried blink arrow pcoc last league and it did not work

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Locke Dunnegan posted:

As a person without any hours clocked in the real late game, wouldn't this just die to the first hit of chaos damage it comes across? No Lorica or CI and 99% life reserved.

as with most things that go low life, probably gonna use a Shav's.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shavronne%27s_Wrappings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Cinara posted:

The build very much uses a Shav's, if you're seeing the Perfect Form reserved that isn't actually active. No build is going to reserve 99% of life and not use Shav's or Solaris Lorica(don't use this).

we are all forgetting about that potion that you could use too, but thats way too much hassel

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Coruscating_Elixir

• Locked thread