Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ABombpk
Jul 31, 2013
I've always wanted to do a trapper but I hear the clear speed sucks and you end up quite squishy.

Any happy mediums out there? Maybe with the new chaos spells?

As an alternative, I love blowing poo poo up. For reference, I've only ever played cyclone, ice crash, and TS Archer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ABombpk
Jul 31, 2013

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

These are the two I've came up with so far:
http://poeurl.com/tqq - BM IR with Energised Armour for about ~240% increased defences
http://poeurl.com/tET - Basically identical damage and HP but mana based and with MoM

Can't decide which one to do though. Both are around 200% life. For context the most damage you could realistically get from trap nodes prepatch was 140ish%. Plus the 76% or so Elemental from Shadow start, 28% for a chosen element and a bit of spell damage for like 260% total . Now you can get 281% from trap nodes plus 20% more throwing speed and 100% trigger radius and the 108% Ele and a bit of Spell damage so you're looking at around 400% in total. No room for crit though. In the previous patch my Lightning Trap was getting around 8k per projectile with LT - Multi - Trap and Mine - Chain, which is the best combo for clearing and the more enemies in a group the quicker they die. Single target can be bad early but the best thing I've found is just Fire Trap and Bear Trap, the Trap gem isn't worth it imo. I'm hoping the BM IR one will solve the trapper defence problems but worried about only 1.8% life regen and losing HP because the traps get up to 100 mana per throw at like level 17. Probably not worth doing an EE Trapper until the patch after with the new cold trap and cluster traps.
Thanks sir! Have you had much success with trappers before?

ABombpk
Jul 31, 2013
So I changed from contagion trapper to essence drain caster. I picked up EB/MoM/ZO but this lack of a regen on health (like I was getting from ED) is a pain in the rear end.

What am I missing here? How do spell casters stay alive?

ABombpk
Jul 31, 2013

soscannonballs posted:

Apparently a guy following my EQ build got rank 2 juggernaut in the sc race. gently caress why isn't is June 3 yet?

Link build?

ABombpk
Jul 31, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

I'm starting to suspect that they tested FB/vortex with like zero ping, when even the slightest ping means your vortices won't go off on top of the FB you clicked, on, and it is instead centred on you. Increasing the projectile speed of the FB makes it harder to get it to work right. Decreasing the projectile speed just makes it a bitch to clear.

It's like they're trying to make us pull off UT shock rifle explosions, except there's no room clearing reward for lining up the shot properly, and you're better off just running up to everyone and setting off the vortex yourself.

I was dumb and made this as my league starter. Vortex is fun as a melee skill but on a witch it hurts. I'm hoping someone finds a way to save this or I'm going to have to start over.

ABombpk
Jul 31, 2013

Magus42 posted:

When did you start running into trouble?

I'm in a2c and destroying everything.

Honestly it's only been the defense end. The damage is good, but the survivability is not there for me yet and that worries me since I took a ranged concept and now I'm in bosses faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ABombpk
Jul 31, 2013
Does this mean that my meatball raider is dead?

• Locked thread