Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Invite Arcsorcs to the guild, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Why might my item filter be highlighting all rarities Zealot Helmet especially? Also it is highlighting all the white belts too..?

Should I keep all the hammers to turn them into chisels, or only quality ones?

May Arcsorcs please have an invite to guild? :shobon:

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 8, 2016

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

So, I've been interested in diving headfirst into this game for a long time now. I've been doing research on my first character build and am trying to sort out all the details.

I've decided on the sharp shooter branch of the 2.4 version of Neversink's Tornado Shot archer. I'm trying to figure out exactly how I should weight stats on items as I'm leveling up. Currently, I jumped in and got to level 50 relatively quickly just running the main storyline. Just got to cruel mode and hit a wall at the new labyrinth. I have 1.6k HP, which I feel is really low (the labyrinth boss one shots me with any attack, even ignoring buffs he gets from the environment that I try to deal with)? Anyone got suggestions on how to amp up my health without gimping my elemental resists? I've taken a ton of health buffs in my passive skill tree.

Thanks in advance for any advice for a new player.

(Currently in the new essence league, Stadard mode)

(I've also taken the OP advice of not spending any of my currency until I know what it's worth / how to use it. I'm getting a feel for it, but I haven't done any trading yet. Just been running around killing stuff until I hit a wall, which happens to be at cruel difficulty Labyrinth)

I am similar story with elementalist witch. I have 1.9k health and 622 shield and managed to survive the individual attacks just barely, so something like that might be your goal. I still died though for lovely dodging. Gonna come back to it after some more levels.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I wonder if someone could tell me anything what I am doing wrong: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Sonya_Wins/characters (Arcsorcs)

Also, please, please invite to the guild.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

So literally the first boss I killed in this game gave me a Tabula Rasa (normal mode, essence league). I guess I'm off to a strong start in my PoE career.

Also, could use an invite.

IGN: GustavLine

(traded in my archer for a holy priest dude since his voice actor is way more entertaining than the ranger chicks.)

Oh, wow. That item would make leveling characters so much easier.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

whypick1 posted:

1. Item Rarity/Added Chaos seem like odd choices. I could see Chaos being good if you can deliver a bunch of it and had Poison (either through gem or Consuming Dark), but Arc isn't exactly a fast skill, Spell Echo not withstanding. Item Rarity I'd definitely drop; that's a luxury gem. Go Increased Critical Strikes/Lightning Penetration.
2. Are you capped on resistances? Even with what you've got from the tree, your gear makes me think not. I'd fix that ASAP.
3. You're life based but your only non-ES gear provides a little bit of Evasion. I'm guessing you get one shot quite a bit.
4. Get that Lightning Warp setup in a 4L with Faster Casting.

My damage seems to boost a lot with the chaos over others. I use lightning pen on bosses, though. I will do more tests
No. Still building it up. I am bad at this.
So build up evasion? I thought maybe that was just for dex characters. Got plenty of gear to do that lying about.
Does it really make much of a difference? It seems almost instant as it is.

Oh, and should I switch over to something like my daggers on the second weapons? I just don't know.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I hate hate hate the labyrinth VO. I wish I could disable them more than anything. Second place goes to the guy in act 2 who keeps telling you to go gently caress yourself.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
To make up for it, I love all the kiwi accents. Not something you hear in any games, I think.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Is CI regarded as 'on low life'?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I just tried a skeleton summoner and it was so, so poo poo. What is my next build?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I would be interested in seeing how well it works on harder bosses, if your slowed down between fighting the trash and the boss or the boss doesn't melt I can imagine there would be problems, a bone helm for 40% minion damage would probably help.

Did you try that prophecy queen's decree that gives skeletons 100% movement speed?

Nope, don't have the prophecy. I'm mostly bothered by the damage and clear speed. I think I can salvage this and turn it into a raging spirit build, maybe.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Zephro posted:

but time spent doing that is time not spent cranking the slot machine for more drops.
That's the key, I think.

I am playing a tornado/cold shot archer thing. I want something to distract harder enemies so I can drop some deeps. I have ~100 str and int to work with. Any ideas?

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 10, 2016

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

whypick1 posted:

Have you heard about our Lord and Savior Decoy Totem?

Tends to die before the cast animation finishes. Too low strength to get it high level, maybe. Can I buff it elsewise?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

whypick1 posted:

From GGG, most popular maps for each tier:

Jungle Valley
Oasis
Arid Lake
Acid Lakes
Mesa
Strand
Ashen Woods
Tropical Island
Coves
Underground River
Bazaar
Plateau
Gorge
Volcano
Abyss
Maze of the Minotaur

Are these good maps to spend the perma upgrades on then?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Duck and Cover posted:

I can't get excited for channeling because it seems like they will all be too slow.

Yes. It will have to have insane damage to make up for it.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

A few patches ago my performance really tanked with terrible fps and with more and more of those lockups as things try to load? Now I can't really play the game and expect to level up anymore. I've tried messing with all the settings and nothing is working. Even a tiny resolution with no graphics effects is getting a nice ~5fps with spikes of a few seconds of nothing happening sometimes.

This newest patch has been the worst yet for all of this. The new DX-whatever renderer won't start without errors for me. Please help before I just shelf this game.

Edit: I have good computer. The game is on an SSD. unning this game at ~90fps at what ever a modern monitor resolution is. Other games are fine. What the gently caress?

That noasync thing did not work previously, but I will try it for this new patch.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

funmanguy posted:

Have you tried using --noasync in your launch options? This is just for steam, no experience with using the stand alone client.

I'll have another go. Also, I am just reminded that since this new patch I have been getting crashes where I never had any before. Checked out the tech support forum and it appears I am not alone. Oh, well.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 24, 2016

• Locked thread