Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

just started playing this game for the first time... it's pretty fun, has some great features that makes it stand out from its competitors

I'm rolling a max block gladiator using shield charge + reckoning + ancestral warchief, kinda piece-meal based on various guides I've come across, but using Facebreakers and Bringer of Rain (once I get to that lvl)

it works fantastically so far, but I'm only in Cruel at the moment. Anyone run something similar to this have any tips on what to avoid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

so I guess these are pretty rare huh?

all I got was 2c and a bones of ullr out of it, among other assorted trash

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah actually I believe it was tied to a prophecy

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

accept your fate with dignity, not cowardice

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

i'm running a facebreaker shield charge gladiator that is also wearing a voidheart now and those bloodsplosions are fantastic, gibs flying everywhere, appropriate really

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Rufio posted:

Is it a cute monkey?

no it has aids

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Stone Golem also has a taunt that functions similarly to Decoy Totem. I'm using him on my saboteur as it's less crap I have to cast in battle and he's tankier than the totem, at least for my non-totem build.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Vasudus posted:

I loot rings and amulets immediately, along with things like Vaal regalias which I ID immediately. When I get enough rings/amulets to turn in a bunch of recipes, I go Hoover mode and loot everything I can use. Then I turn in 10-12 sets of gear.

I get the bulk of my currency doing this and vendoring 6S items for jewelers, which I convert into fusings to sell for chaos.

this is good advice I wasn't taking advantage of, but will now

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

wonder how Lab will change too, 3 points for 2 difficulties then 2 for uber?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

killstealing posted:

I hope act 5 is an inexplicable snow world where the player can find the Wilsonian Dodecahedron

turns out Malachai had a brother named Baalthazar that ventured north to Mt. Azmeriat where the ancient Wraerldstone lies, if he corrupts it the forces of chaos will overrun the lands

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

lol if you dont have a pet tortoise and 200% movespeed

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

X_X

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

how does Wither work with the new channeling skill system? can't seem to find much up to date info

specifically wondering if, when in a totem, you need faster casting support or other support gems to get it to max stacks, or does the new channel system just let it get to 20 stacks naturally?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

hmm ok so I want to socket a faster cast speed + increased duration supporting my wither totem

multiple totems not an option as this is just for some extra boss kill speed on a ED+decay occultist

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

just 4l ED myself (in Delirium gloves though so it's really 5l), skipping empower cause that doesn't scale the decay dot, it's still really really strong

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

why not just create higher level versions of the babby gems and give them new names

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

well thanks to the new Decay mod, you can just use Essence Drain on bosses and virtually any other skill to kill mobs

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

i wouldn't use poison gem on ED in delirium gloves, go with the 3 mores that fit it (void manip, rapid decay, controlled dest.)

those will all (including the 30% more in delirium gloves) scale the 1000 extra chaos dmg/s from a delirium weapon as well, which is like having a lvl 28 ED instead of a lvl 20

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Mince Pieface posted:

If I have poison linked to Essence drain, in the delirium gloves, does the poison dot inherit the 30% more damage over time from delirium mod and the 'damage over time is increased by spell damage' mod from Essence drain, similar to Ignite Vortex? I'm assuming so.

yes, but the poison is just going to be one stack of damage based off the initial hit of Essence Drain that won't last as long as the ED dot portion itself, it's also not boosted by nor does it boost in any way the decay dot (which you should be using) from a delirium weapon

use all 'more' links in your ED glove, and leave the poison stacking to your KB spam or whatever other skill you're using for trash clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Mince Pieface posted:

My assumptions:
Poison is based on only the ED initial hit
Decay mod is only affected by chaos/dot damage on the tree
Poison on ED double dips off of spell damage and is affected by the delirium glove enchant

oh if you are doing assassin with the huge poison bonus on crit then yeah that makes sense you'd want to spam ED for poison

also Decay mod is affected by the relevant supports of the skill that applies it, just like the other dots

so with ED, decay is really just like adding 1000 base to the ~800 base dmg/s on ED, all the same damage mods multiply it and it only stacks once

are you sure you aren't better off spamming another skill to apply poison though? Just maintain the normal ED dot while you use a way faster casting/more damaging skill to stack poison.

• Locked thread