Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

TheRat posted:

People requested a short writeup about my groundslammer so here goes:

I wanted to remake Ghudda's RT DW groundslammer, which he shows off in this video.

There's a few changes from back then:

* GS has buit in increased AoE now, so we dont have to path to templar nodes
* Fortify has been added to the game, and its an excellent main skill support together with the fortify nodes on the tree.
* Life leech has been completely reworked and is really really strong even without cherrubim's maleficence
* Bloodrage is phys degen so we can use it for massive attackspeed bonus and frenzy generation
* Frenzy charges have been buffed
* Aura curses have been added, making for better leech, better stun and automatic endurance charge generation

With this in mind, my skilltree looks something like this.

Mainhand weapon is a fast, high physical damage mace. The faster the better. Offhand is Prismatic Eclipse with 2-3 green sockets. I'm currently using 2 because I want a red socket for increased duration. You dont need movement speed on boots, because all your travelling will be done with superfast leapslam. The rest of your gear should just be armour, life, resistances and flat physical damage. You're also gonna need a fair bit of int and dex on gear/the tree.

Links:
Ground slam->Multistrike->Melee phys->Fortify->Increaed AOE
Blood magic->Leap slam->Faster attacks->Enduring Cry
Hatred | Summon Flame Golem->Blind
Blasphemy->Warlords mark
Bloodrage->Vaal haste->Increased Duration

Playstyle is to just leap around like a bunny on aderall and slam the poo poo out of everything.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3i1n2mIpHQ Short gameplay video
E2: I'm also using the new unique jewel that changes GS radius

I was going to go Cyclone first off (if I ever get a chance to play) but your video looks like a lot of fun so I might give it a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I just got destroyed in cruel HC by a talisman effect, some sort of bone spikes erupting from the ground. What the hell is that?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Gibbo posted:

We're this far in and that's the first time you've noticed a bonespire talisman?

I have a small baby to deal with, I only get to play for 30 mins here and there. I think I'd seen one before but killed it easily. This was on one of the unique towels in Solaris so took a lot more killing. I'm also ground slam so the effect isn't too obvious.

theshim posted:

Bonespire talismans apply a stacking DoT effect, kind of like Corrupted Blood except you can't flask it away AFAIK.

I couldn't heal through them either, it's a very nasty dot.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

euphronius posted:

It's not a build for HC!!!!!!!!

That sounds like a challenge!

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm trying the flicker build that was posted a page or 2 back. At what point does it become viable to use flicker as a main skill? Doing one attack then waiting 2s sucks so hard.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

RosaParksOfDip posted:

You need consistent frenzy charge generation. Assassin's mark, blood dance, blood rage, etc are generally used for regular flicker. Oro's if you go for the charges on ignite variant but oro's is like, level 67.

I have an Oros and Daressos chest waiting for me from a mate, I just need to get to them without killing myself first.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I've been finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with the various builds in the game due to almost zero free time to play. The Ascendency stuff adds an extra layer on that that will make it even harder. Hopefully someone will come up with an edit for the OP that says something like "basic build a = take this ascendency tree, basic build b = take this other tree" etc.

e: actually, I'm sure all of the decent build threads will simply be updated with that info. Dur.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 23, 2016

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Ah, the joy of playing for 20 levels of xp before realising you had your support gems in the wrong place so your main attack was unsupported.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

euphronius posted:

Why does everyone spoil nest their posts on the official forum. It is incredibly annoying.

It's to get around the character limit isn't it?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I was intending to go for free Flicker with trickster but that crit build does sound tempting.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Normally I'd have my first build for a new league picked this close to the start, but i really haven't a clue what to go for first this league. My choices are Ancestral Protector Hierophant, Free Flickerstrike Trickster, Orb of Storms lightning build of some kind, or SRS Necro, and I'm probably forgetting a couple more.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Is there still no way to find where your MTXs are? I have the green Searing Bond somewhere but finding it will be a nightmare.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

You legend, thanks.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Mar 4, 2016

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

papanugget posted:

Why isn't Frenzy - GMP - Curse on Hit - AssMark a thing? Aside from losing a gem slot (not an issue for me) every Voltaxic LA build I've seen recommends Herald of Thunder - CoH - AssMark instead with Blood Rage to generate frenzies.

Frenzy isn't a projectile attack is it? It just adds a bonus to your plain attack, which can't be GMP'd.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Count Uvula posted:

Frenzy can be GMP'd. There's no such thing as a skill being a bonus to a plain attack, if it's an active skill gem it is its own thing.

However, it only adds one frenzy charge per attack.

Fair enough, as Frenzy doesn't have the projectile tag i thought it couldn't be GMPd.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Are there any builds particularly bad for running the Labyrinth?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

resting bort face posted:

What do I need to know about the passive that gives me an extra totem but makes me do zero damage?

Searing Bond doesn't count towards the totem limit, traps and mines don't count as you causing the damage so can happily be used alongside totems.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Doing that in hardcore will get you killed.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

moush posted:

Nah, they added that minute long invincibility period.

True, although when it happens I tend to alt-tab to read a forum, forget I'm at a wp and die :)

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Also worth noting that to begin with you can only have one master in your hideout, but once you level them up a bit you can begin to add more. I can't remember the precise levels.

VVV You can't use their benches, but you can give your item to your mate and have them use the bench.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 17, 2016

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Sub 1500 life for the end of Cruel sounds pretty low.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

panda clue posted:

isn't this literally everything that ever comes out of your mouth?

You mean apart form the useful build help and guides?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Gibbo posted:

Maybe that hint will help me hate the marketplace less.

Same, I knew the rest but not that one.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

panda clue posted:

Hinekora, Death's Fury
1% of Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life

Does damage done by things like SB or RF totems count as Damage in this case?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Odd, I just got one and it said there were ~9k left.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

theshim posted:

Is there a command to reclaim all of your mtx effects? Otherwise they basically become one-offs for me because I forget what character I used them on etc

Someone in here linked me to a thread on the official forums that has a script to find all mtxs. If you search my posts in here you should be able to find it.

E: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989787

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

ZyrKx posted:

I did a flameblast elementalist in the flashback race and got it to 97, if I hadn't done that I would absolutely make it my first build in the new league since it's getting major buffs. I ignored mana regen passives and gear and just ran a mana potion the entire time, the only time it was an issue was in red maps with -60% regen where it slightly slowed the clear speed. Run enfeeble + temp chains on blasphemy and trivialise the entire game except for core bosses and uber.

Do you have a tree or guide to have a look at?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

ZyrKx posted:

I ended up as low life with a 6 link shavs and dual consuming dark for 100% chaos conversion, which won't really work for the new league.

If I was doing it again I'd start with something like this. Links would be flameblast, increased aoe, faster casting, controlled destruction, fire pen, ele prolif.

Thanks for that, looks good.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

ZyrKx posted:

I ended up as low life with a 6 link shavs and dual consuming dark for 100% chaos conversion, which won't really work for the new league.

If I was doing it again I'd start with something like this. Links would be flameblast, increased aoe, faster casting, controlled destruction, fire pen, ele prolif.

I found this tree too, but I'm too bad at the game to really evaluate which is the better. Any ideas? The second one has a touch less +life% but add elemental overload, mind over matter and elemental equilibrium. I've no idea why they grabbed a single endurance charge on the far left.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Is flameblast a "use as you level" skill, or a "level with something else then switch at lvl x" skill?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Bob NewSCART posted:

Poison EQ sounds super good now with void heart. What kinda weapons do you guys roll with for poison EQ?

Marohi seems to be popular.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

kaaj posted:

I was running a Pathfinder Lightning Strike build this league, however - after hitting level 70 and not having currency for necessary upgrades (better pDPS weapon, Lightning Coil, flask...), I decided to switch to something else. Roughly at the time of switching I've seen this post from Xequecal:

drat, that's a great build so far. I'm level 70, everything was a cakewalk, in all fairness, that's one of the easiest builds which I've been playing in a while. I didn't even do Merc Lab yet, which will boost the survivability (+ES, +ES regen, etc) and the character is already super tanky. This is my first ever CI character and I didn't die in the first few hours when playing it, so this just confirms how solid this build is.

When levelling (as soon as you can wear it till before Merc Dominus), I think I was running in 4-link Icetomb, which are peanuts cheap.

I think the most expensive item which I've got was Energy From Within. All gear (including a 1 socket 700 ES body armour) was ~18 - 20c. If an item doesn't have 5 or 6 link, people will sell it for next to nothing - which is great for this build. Your main damage dealer is a 4 socket helmet worth 1c, you can literally run any armour which you can afford. I crafted mine to have a 4 link, but in fairness - I currently have a free socket or two and no idea what to put into them. My links currently are as advised by Xequecal:

Stone Golem - Minion Life - Minion Res
Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Faster Casting
PCoC - Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Temp Chains
Discipline - Anger
Increased Duration - Vaal Discipline - Enduring Cry - free socket (gonna put second Vaal Discipline in it I guess)

Because your weapon is a claw, you can use whirling blades with it if you want.
You can even add Vaal Haste or Minion Speed to the mix. Golem is super tanky without it and it only serves as a distraction, but hey, why not make him fast?

DPS is not a problem, my lovely gear and not yet taken all damage increasing nodes are giving around 4.5k tooltip DPS per totem. If you add The Sorrow of the Divine flask, this ends around 5.7 - 6k tooltip. Now add relatively high crit chance (I currently have 4 Power Charges, working on getting 5th one now) and ~200% crit multi. Now add poison. Now multiply by three and that's more than enough DPS to kill things fast. Plus, you see that each passive point makes a noticeable difference. My skill gems are non-quality, level 16 - 17, so there's lots of room for improvement here too.

Capping the resists was easy too - even when going CI, I went for Eye of Chayula and Dream Fragments, but because you're running a shield, you can buy one with +a lot of resistances for cheap.

Only thing which I've been aiming for to get on gear is +Str and +Dex. You need that to meet the gem requirements - for the Ancestral Warchief Totem itself and green supports. I was a bit short on str, so right now I have one +30 Str node from Tree, but I guess, once I'll move my rear end to find a better belt on poe.trade, I can spec out of it.

I guess the only cons so far is that you're flying through content, but to really crush it - you need 4 Ascendancy Points (typical Scion stuff). Before that, everything was super easy, you're tanky as hell, but once you get the capability to put third totem (from your ascendancy points), the clear speed gets a massive boost.

Xequecal, thanks for sharing this one.

In what order did you go around the tree? When did you grab CI? I've never done CI and always fancied giving it a go.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

kaaj posted:

I'll update my post with trees in few hours (in work currently), but assuming that I have no idea what I'm doing:

a) I went straight for Ancestral Bond, getting left side of tree done (maybe except extra power charge)
b) then I went in order: Zealot's Oath, Unnatural Calm, Shaman's Dominion, Quick Recovery, Shamanistic Fury, Melding
c) after Melding, I went to take everything close to Witch start (Blast Radius, Arcane Focus, ES) and then straight for CI.

In retrospect, I wonder how doing CI before Blast Radius and Arcane Focus would work, it might had been safer this way (I play only in HC)

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. I'm hc only too.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm being an idiot, but how do i search for items with a combined resist value? So i don't care what the individual values are, just that the item has x overall resists?

e: on poe.trade I mean.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jul 8, 2016

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Is there a go-to hardcore Bladefall trapper/miner guide?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

I'm sick of dying, want something flavour-of-the-month-insane-OP.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Phobophilia posted:

If you want to not-die, the pick Juggernaut, who laughs at physical damage.

(enormous EHP pools from CI characters are better at dealing with elemental damage though)

I had a 77 EQ Jugger, got destroyed by Izaro :(

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Phobophilia posted:

Well, with the Juggernaut Endurance Charge ascendancy notable, you can effectively keep up infinite duration immortal calls, which is handy against Izaro and Argus. Soft-botch it and you're still in a pretty good position, as you'd still have 8 endurance charges just sitting there.

I tanked Argus with no issues at all, but I'm really unfamiliar with the Labyrinth in general as I only get to play rarely, and didn't have a clue what charge disruptors and conduits did.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Does the Witch have better ascendancy skills than the Shadow for traps then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I was talking about this in-game last night, but nobody knew the answer although a couple tried to help (thanks, funmanguy et al), so I thought I'd ask in here too:

I was getting a weird bug yesterday, where, at random, I'd use a skill and it would happen 3 times. I was using EK and Fire Trap, and it happened with both skills, and it didn't matter if I put them on keyboard or mouse. It was incredibly annoying. I'm only lvl11 so it's no fancy piece of kit doing it, no spell echo or anything like that. I'm also experiencing bad lag spikes, so could it be the lag causing this? There didn't seem to be any correlation between the occurrences of the skill bug and the spikes from what I could see. Has anyone else encountered this, as it's a new one on me?

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Aug 2, 2016

• Locked thread