Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt
May 26, 2003

So even with the lower level nerfing to Fire totem, it should still be fairly useful, right? I am sorta new, and switched my level 30-something Witch I had on standard from forever ago when I first tried this game, over to a Fire Totem build and enjoyed it.

Thinking of rolling a Templar Fire totem build, but possibly switching to SRS/Zombies in the late 50's on the new Talisman thing.

Is dual fire totem viable for super late game stuff? My Witch on standard is level 66 or so, and I have basically wrecked everything I have came across, currently in Act 3 of Merciless. I want to know if the dual fire totem thing still works later than that, like for maps and stuff. Or should I definitely transition to SRS/Zombies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I must be weird, I don't find dual flame totem that boring.

I have limited experience with other builds though. I played a Ranger to like level 45 when the game first came out, and I felt like I died all the drat time. I never die with the flame totem Witch :D
A big Marauder 2H build seems cool too. Maybe Ill try a cyclone build?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

One more dumb question: Everyone is going to start on Hardcore in the new league right? Do you guys keep playing that character even after you die and get kicked down to non-hardcore? Or do you reroll?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Budgie posted:

If you play the hardcore league you get kicked out to Standard when you die. Not the softcore version of the league, default garbage collection Standard.

Ohhh I did not realize that. I thought it kicked you to softcore of the league!
Thanks for clearing that up !

Ok then I am rolling on the softcore versions haha

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Obscurity posted:

How newbie friendly is this game for someone who hasn't played since Beta? Considering giving it another go with all the changes, etc.

Just follow a guide for your build so you don't waste skill points and it's pretty straight forward.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Magus42 posted:

If I haven't played in a while (like, pre-Scion days) and wanted to possibly get back into it, is there a relatively simple build that would do ok prior to maps without too much gear/rare gems/etc?

Or can I still just sort of do whatever as long as I pick up enough life along the way?

I was basically you a month or so ago. Just came back after a long break.

Easiest build I found is dual fire totem Witch. Will get you to end game easily with minimal gear, but everyone says it is super boring. I didn't mind it honestly. You basically drop two flame totems down and wait for stuff to die haha.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1303239 is a good guide for it. You can also look up guides on how to level with fire totem + firestorm and then switch to a summoner in the late 50s.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

http://www.pathofexile.com/shop/present

They are giving out free winter mystery boxes for christmas fyi

Server seems to be going up and down, took a few tries but I got mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I got an Ice Crown skin. Not bad for free I guess :shrug:

• Locked thread