Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I just buy mine. gently caress leveling those gems past 2. If I don't get a +1 on the corrupt I guess I know where my currency is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

You don't run a defensive aura or two? Grace/AA?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's time for me to think about making a Mjolnir build. I don't want to do a Volls based build, probably double Arc. Recommend me some builds or gear or whatever.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Using just a 4L, what are my options for Mjolnir single target besides meatballs? Would static strike with conc effect work out better?

I suppose if it comes down to it, I could always just swap in a discharge gem for map bosses and a banquet.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Eh, I was trying to avoid using it because I'm not going to run a Volls and I already have a high 80s fakener this league.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Korwin posted:

Looking for passive skills who reduce the reserved mana, only found the 14% in Sovereignity & Co.
Am I missing something?

Edit: Also, can Blasphemy power two curses for the Price (mana reduction) of one?

Blasphemy can power multiple curses, but each curse costs 35%

You can get 14% from the Sovereignty hub, 4% on the way to Leadership near Scion, 4% from Champion of the Cause in Duelist south, 12% from the Charisma cluster between Shadow and Ranger, and 4% on the way to Influence between Shadow and Witch. Generally speaking most builds can get maybe one of these, unless you are specifically focused on auras.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I really like the talismans. A halfway decent yellow can be pretty amazingly powerful for certain builds.

I do think that they really made Rigwald too hard to get to, though, and that there should have been more talismans out the gate to make getting to him easier.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I consider myself a mostly casual player. I might be online a lot but half of the time I'm just dicking around looking at things or working on another screen. I have 21 challenges completed, and I think I can get to 28 without pulling my hair out too much.

EASY TIER:

Kill Normal Act Bosses - You can do this on Cruel or Merciless and get credit
Master Craft These Item Types - Just craft as per usual, or just save a chaos recipe set and craft some cheap junk on it
Use These Rare Talismans - Just summon some stuff
Kill These Cruel Act Bosses - Same as normal mode - doing it on higher difficulty completes it
Level These Masters - Just play the game as usual, really
Kill Unique Monsters in Cruel - Wiki is your friend to find the missing ones
Use These Currency Items - Play the game, basically
Use Talismans at Stone Circles - A unique nights hold is a chaos if you simply must have it quickly
Kill These Merciless Act Bosses - Merciless Malachai might be hard for your build, just go back at like level 80 if that's the case
Complete Merciless Quests - Easy
Full Clear - Vaal Side Areas - Throw a sacrifice fragment into the map generator with no other items to make a vaal side area
A Coveted Prize - You'll probably encounter this normally, but if you want to actively farm it go do Fetid Pool or any other small area you can reset that has a unique boss
Create Hideouts of These Sizes - Just play the game, getting from 7->8 is the motherfucker

MEDIUM TIER

Claim These Talismans - RNG can be a motherfucker, just keep running talismans
Kill Bosses With Talismans - Same thing, just keep running em
Unnatural Influences - Two ghosts in one thing can be annoying, but I've encountered it a half dozen times at this point
Kill Exiles With Talismans - RNG again, mostly. Just keep at it or run maps with +2 exiles
The Explorer's Folly - Just run dried lakes until you get a Carto box
Kill Rigwald - Either tag along someone's run or do it yourself. Not super time consuming, and if you wanted a shortcut you can get low ilevel T3 white/blue talismans from trade
Full Clear: Twinned Maps - Just tag along with someone on T10+ if you can't do it yourself. I just need to do T14/15 which I will probably do this weekend
Enter These Unique Maps - You can tag along with someone or do it yourself. You just need to enter, not clear.

HARD TIER

Complete These Encounters - Ever kill Atziri? I didn't before this league!
Kill Level 80+ Rigwald - Best to just tag along with someone on this, summoning an 80 Rigwald is a motherfucker
Kill These Unique Map Bosses - Most are annoying bosses or high level ones
Reach Level 90 - My highest character has been 88. My current one is 85
Kill the Avatar of Thunder - Gotta get there, first
Redeem Sets of Divination Cards - Either a lot of farming or a lot of poe.trade squatting is in your future!

MOTHERFUCKER TIER

Identify New Unique Items - Hooooooly loving moses
Identify Rigwald's Uniques - Yeah gently caress you too, buddy
Identify These Uniques - RNG like a motherfucker, or you need serious cash
Fully Level Zana - gently caress you

Fortunately, the hat looks like garbage so you only need 21 probably!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Hamburger Test posted:

You left out one Hard/Motherfucker, the vendor recipes one.

http://www.web-layers.net/poe/

Oh, yeah. That one is under hard probably.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Vinktar Square is a very, very cool map. Well worth the money, even if I got the spellpower flask.

TODO: level trapper, get more than 2800hp, get some form of passive health regen that isn't Binos.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Gibbo posted:

You try to play quickly and realize you're terrible at it, so you either give up forever or go full tism and devote all your playtime to learning to go fast

I choose option 1 :(

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I keep saying that one of these days I'll modify a loot filter to stuff that *I* care about. But that never happens because :effort:

No chance items, no superior items except stuff already 20%, different color borders for white ilevel 77/83 stuff, etc.

Maybe for ascendancy.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Blade Vortex generating as many charges as it does is the root of the problem, imo. I have no idea what they can do that won't nerf it to oblivion though. Generating charges without blade vortex is fine, with blade vortex you're just at 7 charges forever and things get retarded.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Xequecal posted:

That's actually the main reason I hate CI, every single one of those builds wastes like 15-25 points just getting down to that part of the tree for Unwavering Stance. Scion looks like the least wasteful but you're literally spending 20 points for 2 jewel sockets, 30 int, 28 resist all, and unwavering stance.

I'm really kind of shocked at the idea that you can't regenerate enough mana normally to cast endgame spells. My only lategame char is the molten strike one that has one <30 mana skill. I did the math on this Witch char and it regens 85 mana/second while completely naked, does Icestorm in the endgame really suck up much more mana than that?

Icestorm is basically a 7L. It can get very expensive.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Vinktar is a very cool map that everyone should do at least once.

Note: bring topaz flasks.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got to 24, that's good enough for me this league. The hat looks dumb anyway.

I have Zana 8, T1 uniques, Rigwald uniques, twinned t15, vendor recipes and identify these uniques left. Oh and probably a few other ones. gently caress em.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

J posted:

Easier to increase maximum resistance? Interesting, considering they've been removing it from the tree for a while now.

I'm betting they want it to be locked into an ascendency thing, rather than be on the base tree.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Looks like I'm doing a quad totem frost blades ancestral protector templar.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm probably going to do something with EA, I've been wanting to revisit that build for two leagues now. All I really need is a Quill Rain anyway. Probably will roll Scion and abuse the other classes mastery things for some tomfoolery.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Honestly they should just give everyone who doesn't have one a premium tab just so they know what they're missing out on.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
GGG support is cool enough they would probably just give you a single tab upgrade if you had an old enough account. Not after they announced this change though probably.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I wasn't aware the game featured a wayback machine.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I play standard for however long it takes me to strip my good characters gear off, put it into the stash tabs I'll never look at again, and delete so I can reuse the name. Feels good man.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have a legacy coil on standard, I should 6L it with the dragons hoard of currency I'm sitting on. And then do nothing with it I guess.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Consuming Dark is now 50%

So enjoy using two in order to get 100% fire->chaos.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am an explosive arrow champion, which loving owns I might add. My options for my last two ascendency points are:

35% damage and 10% movespeed, always

OR

40% damage when not on low life, 200% AR/EV at low life, clear status effects at low life

I'm not sure which I want. I'll probably never be at low life to benefit from the armor boost so it's really just the status effect clearing vs. movespeed.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah I'm thinking movespeed too. Status effect clearing sounds so tempting though.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Do I still want a pierce gem for Spark assuming that I'm getting the ascendency pierce and the pierce cluster?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I have 26 skill points free and enough respec points to clear out what I've already spent on my Scion sparker. My original plan was to go crit, but I realized that I hate the EB/MoM/ZO trifecta so now I'm trying to go elsewhere. Would an IW-based sparker with elemental overload work as well as I'm thinking?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You see Piety throughout the early game. Twice in A1, once in A2, all throughout A3. I think it's appropriate that she rewards 2 points.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

The Real Foogla posted:

rerolling

serisouly, I feel like ascendancy itself will lead to even more rerolls than before

I am on my third character so far, and I currently have 49 scraps. Story checks out.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Bushiz posted:

so having played through the last couple days, ending up at lvl 38, not really knowing what I'm doing but ending up with a ranger build that does close to 2,000 dps and having beaten act 3 without any trouble anywhere, and then I do this labyrinth thing and get my poo poo COMPLETELY pushed in by the boss. Is this a thing? Did I do something wrong?

The Labyrinth is a totally new mechanic that is really unlike anything else in the game. Izaro makes very powerful, telegraphed attacks that can be avoided semi-easily (some more than others, obviously) and a few attacks that aren't nearly as damaging but are harder to dodge. Then you have to deal with whatever his rotating gimmick is - sometimes you kill things, sometimes you click things, etc. It can be a lot for a new player to take in.

There's nothing wrong with gaining a few levels first and then going into it. I did my first normal labyrinth at level 45 or so, which let me have a bit more wiggle room and let me learn the mechanics better.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Put it on ilevel 84 hats with good crafting bases maybe.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The best thing about Chris playing last league is all of these QoL changes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Cinara posted:

This isn't 100% correct, if you're not in your hideout the portals can disappear eventually. It's a bit random though, sometimes they will stick around for hours. If you sit in the hideout they will stay though.

Instances can crash without you being in it. What he said is correct - they expire if you log off or the instance crashes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Storm Call (regular flavor) is obscenely powerful in a crit inquisitor setup and has great clearing speed + boss murdering speed. Cheap as gently caress, too, since you can do life, hybrid, LL or CI with it and basically choose your own adventure with how expensive it is.

Actually I guess take that back, crit inquisitor in general is amazing. I realized I have literally zero element specific damage nodes so you can run with whatever.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Vinktar Square is level 80, and has boatloads of trash and bosses. Getting the materials costs about 30-45c. That's a lot of potential high level map drops.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Mid league when I roll new characters I get a level 20/20 version of whatever skill I'm using. Like right now on my CA dude, I'll probably have a level 16 CA by the time I hit 70 and equip my 20 (or rather 26 thanks to bow/empower :getin:)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Crit ice traps could also do it, probably. Bonus if you convert it all the way to full chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Kild posted:

You're the dense one if you think it's really 15c to obtain one. Guy who only compares about damage numbers and not stuff like the fire conversion of crit or the fact it's a sword. And says its trivial to find 150 dps level 7 weapons.

Things I care about in a weapon: how good it is

None of the goddess weapons are good or worth the effort to create other than a skin transfer.

Also for non-endgame weapons none of the fire conversion or crit really matters either.

• Locked thread