Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
That keystone map is horribly outdated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I think I'm about set on Contagion/Essence Drain Scion. https://poeurl.com/ta6 then paste into the offline planner. Two Blasphemy curses, Vulnerability and Enfeeble/Temp Chains and then Clarity as the only aura. Fire Golem for more damage, Fortify + Blades for movement. I have enough life regen to run Bloodrage so I can get frenzy charges. 177% life is just OK for HC, but 6 jewels is really good. Bandits are Life, skill point, Frenzy Charge.

I think these are the links I want? Not sure if Echo should be in there or not. Concentrated Effect would also be a contender for another more damage modifier.
Contagion + Void Manipulation + Increased AOE + Controlled Destruction (5th + Rapid Decay) (6th + Increased Duration/Empower)

Drain is a projectile but I don't think you want to lower the debuff damage with LMP or GMP, so more duration and two damage boosters. No AOE tag on the gem unfortunately.
Essence Drain + Increased Duration + Void Manipulation + Controlled Destruction

edit - I'm dumb, only have space for a cull totem or a CWDT setup not both.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 8, 2015

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Wow, viper strike is super strong now. And Spectral Throw is back to being really good.

quote:

A short instance-wide cooldown has been added to many monster skills. Monsters with "bursty" skills have had this cooldown applied to reduce player deaths from fast, hard-to-predict damage. This includes skills such as Leap Slam, Flicker Strike, Shield Charge, Lightning Warp and Arctic Breath. Most of the affected skills are appropriate as initiation skills, but are not ideal when many monsters perform them simultaneously.
YES!

quote:

Zana's limited-portal missions have been changed. Upon speaking to Zana, the quest tracker on the right says "Don't die or leave Zana's Map". This reminder will stay with you inside the map. Zana will now open one portal per player in the area OR per player in your party, whichever is greater. If you leave Zana's map, you cannot re-enter it, even if there are still portals up. If you die or leave Zana's map, you fail the mission. Entering map subareas doesn't count as leaving the mission.
Booooo.

quote:

Ice Nova damage has been increased by 20% at level one, improving to a 35% increase in damage by level 20.
Shock Nova damage has been increased by 20% at level one, improving to a 35% increase in damage by level 20.
Werent these pretty strong already?

quote:

Spark damage has been increased in damage by 10%, and starts at 4 projectiles, increasing by an additional one at levels 9, 17 and 25.
I don't know if this is good enough. Spork is probably still dead though. :(

quote:

Vaal Ground Slam now requires 50% more souls per use, and can only store three uses. The area of effect radius bonus has been reduced from 30% to 20%.
Not surprising.

quote:

Attack skills that have their damage based on the wielded weapon have their mana costs fixed in place from level 1 onwards. Increasing the level of the gem does not increase the mana cost of the skill. Dominating Blow still increases in mana cost, as the mana is also paying for the minions.
That is quite a change. Elemental hit might be good now with Melee Splash.

quote:

Fixed various problems where armour pieces visibly clipped on Templars.
A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 9, 2015

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I was loving around on my old sporker from Onslaught the other day and still didn't seem as good as it used to be. Level 72 in merciless docks spark + fork + fast cast + totem + light pen, level 17 gems. Granted my jewels are loving awful, but still.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Additions made to the patch notes (in the appropriate places):

Tornado Shot's base damage has been increased by a flat 10% at all levels.
Ice Shot's chilled ground duration is now 1.5 seconds at all levels.
The number of additional arrows that Split Arrow grants at level 20 has been reduced from 8 to 6. It still starts at four additional arrows at level 1, with the levels in between interpolated.
Frost Blades has been improved from 2 additional projectiles at all levels to 4 additional projectiles at level 1 and 7 additional projectiles at level 20. It has also been increased from +14 weapon range at all levels to +18 weapon range at level 1 and +21 weapon range at level 20. It now gains 1% projectile speed per level after the first (19% at Level 20) and its base projectile speed has been increased by 25%.
Burning Arrow's base damage has been increased from 130% to 150% at level 1 and 160.4% to 184.2% at level 20.
Ground Slam now gains increased area of effect radius of 1% for each level after the first.
The Unique Jewel, Chill of Corruption, now has 50% chance to gain an additional Vaal Soul per enemy shattered, down from 80%.
Serrated Arrow Quivers now drop at level 5 and have a level requirement of 5.

Skills which detonate corpses (such as Detonate Dead, Abyssal Cry and Infernal Blow) have had their radius increased by 22%.
Righteous Fire's radius has been increased by 60%.
Storm Call's radius has been increased by 25%
Glacial Cascade's radius has been increased by 25%.
Ice Shot's radius has been increased by 9%.
Sweep's radius has been reduced by 8%.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Dec 9, 2015

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Until they let you shift+click with frost blades the skill is unusable to me no matter how much damage it does.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

lonter posted:

My first and highest level character, lvl 67, is a Templar and I haven't touched this game in over a year, it looks like I went lightning strike on him. It sucked real bad as I recall. Is that better now?

Much better now, its getting a complete rework.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
HC is where the fun is. Just play safe and don't rush things. Kill mobs before picking up items.

There is usually a good amount of goons that start in HC but the number always drops off as the league goes on.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
http://www.web-layers.net/poe/ has a good breakdown on locations an recipes for the upcoming challenges.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Flesh Forge posted:

Is this poo poo out yet

20 hours to go.

Also:

Quarl posted:

They count as skeletons within your limit, they don't increase the number of skeletons you can have.

Stacking the Jewel gives you more mages. You always summon mages if you have space in your limit for mages.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I think I may have sold off my item quantity gems last night, but I don't really care enough to check and make sure.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Gibbo posted:

Don't those not exist anymore?

TheRat posted:

Old ones exist as legacy on standard/hardcore.

Yep, in the HC league. I was mass clearing out pages of skill gems that I probably never needed and I think I sold them I can only find one now, and the cheapest they are is 2ex.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Patching server is up. Patch is 1.8 gigs.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Ouch, 28 mana for contagion @ level 20. Essence Drain is 26. Might have to get some more mana nodes.

e - servers are getting hammered. I can't even get the webpage to load.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 11, 2015

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Rashomon posted:

Is there a goon guild or whatever for this game still? I think I'm gonna play again for a while.

Info is in the first post.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Bladefall is loving awesome. 1600 dps at level 39 with bladefall added fire and fast cast and poo poo for wands.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Azran posted:

Is the goon guild still active? This might be the third time I rejoin it but goddamn they finally introduced servers close to my region and that, added to Lockstep, have made the game much more enjoyable.

Goddamnit, this was the issue.

It is, what is your character name? Post it and someone will get an invite to you.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Sometimes you can "force" it by dropping it right on a boss while they talk and then portal out, but sometimes they still won't grab it. I could not get Daresso to pick one up last night at all.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Mince Pieface posted:

Has anyone been trying a crit facebreaker build using Rigwald's Curse yet? I was thinking of buying one and trying it once I get a bit more currency, the damage is probably crazy-go-nuts though losing a slot for resistances on your amulet is hard.

This guy: http://www.twitch.tv/mollarigaming was streaming it earlier. It has good damage, but it seemed kind of squishy.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Pharnakes posted:

So what you're saying is if you have Vaal orbs and nothing much to do with them might as well use them on Armourer's Strongboxes regardless of other mods it might have?

Jewelers boxes are another good target for spare vaal orbs.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Changed Bladefall's targeting behaviour to bring it in line with other skills. It will now cast at its maximum range if you target a location outside its maximum range while holding the "Attack in place" key (bound to Shift by default).

Awesome!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Bardeh posted:

Some level 35ish weapons dropped that have 6 sockets, but only have 3-4 links. Are they worth anything, or should I just get rid of them? The loot filter made a big deal of them, so I've kept them in my inventory for now.

Just sell them for jewelers.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Pharnakes posted:

I just found myself an Alpha's Howl, and wondering what colours to put on it. I'm using Neversink's guide and am currently using Hatred and Herald of Ice. I was thinking a red slot for reduced mana and three green for Hatred, Herald of Ice and Haste?

Also if I could get a guild invite next round, Parysatis.

Reduced mana doesn't work on Auras anymore unfortunately. I think I would try and fit another herald in there if you can.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Pharnakes posted:

Seems like Heralds don't interact with Alpha's Howl actually.

Is there a calculator somewhere to work out what I can squeeze in there? The link in the OP is dead.

They don't get the +2 level because they don't have the aura tag on them, but they should still benefit from the 8% reduced mana reserved.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

az posted:

Any goon reccommended bladefall builds?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...eMxniBuUDDbXg==

This is my plan for crit ez mom bladefall. Only level 65 so far but I've got 3.8k life and 11k dps with mediocre daggers and awful jewels. Right now I'm about to get eldritch battery and then take zealot's oath once I can get a couple better ES pieces. Then I'm going to start finishing off the life wheel and get doom cast and the extra power charge for more crit.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Good luck trying to kill the Avatar or Thunder as melee.

http://www.twitch.tv/sircrittalot/v/30556946

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
This thread need cake.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Fixed a bug where Bladefall was unable to hit targets around corners.
The pieces which remain after shattering an enemy are now removed after a short period of time. This results in a general improvement to client performance in areas full of shattered enemies.

Good fixes.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

nightwisher posted:

Haha, grats for making a lovely riddle no one wants to answer because the item is garbage tier crap. I almost feel sorry for Charan, imagine what he'd be like IRL. Insufferable.

He talks like that guy at the party who tries to be the center of attention except they're skinpeelingly annoying and utterly insufferable.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/504429 Almost 300 pages of wankery about his animu sword.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Vasudus posted:

I made a thing. I like my thing.
Holy crap, very nice!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Tiny Bug Child posted:

I've been having pretty ridiculous luck with drops. Within the last three days I've gotten a five-link chest, a well-rolled Facebreakers, an exalted, a six-link 2H, and just now a Shavronne's Wrappings.

What can I get to really trick out my dual flame totem build?

Use your shavs and go low life.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Frenzy works very well with facebreakers as well. And now that it only costs 10 mana (the same that reave did at level 20 before 2.1) you don't have to use bloodmagic anymore. Zeno is doing a frenzy facebreaker with melee splash and he is doing really well with it. Very tanky too even with abyssus. Once it gets going it keeps going very easily.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1555700/page/1/#p12503410

The giant Q&A is up.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

dis astranagant posted:

gently caress Chromatic Orbs. Just burned 25 trying to get the colors I wanted on a 4 link and it's just taunting me with everything kinda close but not it.

Did you use https://siveran.github.io/calc.html ?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Maddot_66 posted:

What are some of the recommended defensive skill set ups for ice crash builds? I'm playing a duelist that splits Armor/evasion if that makes a difference.

Also, how are you guys supporting your Ice crash? I'm using melee damage, faster attacks, fortify, and culling strike. Any suggestions for now, and for if/when I get a 6l to work with?

I assume you have RT, and going two handers or mace + shield?

I'm going crit staves so mine is a bit different than most, but I have Ice Crash + Melee Phys + Weapon Ele Damage + Increased Area of Effect + Power Charge on Crit. Sixth link would probably be Increased Critical Damage. I use heavy strike for bosses. Dream weapon is a 6 link Hegemony's Era with Ice Crash - Melee Physical Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Increased AoE - Increased Critical Multiplier - Fortify

For defenses I'm running determination or warlords mark aura depending on whats around. Bloodrage gets me enough life leech for now, and I have enough regen that it doesn't take any health off. Vengence + Endurance Changre on Melee Stun keeps a couple charges up almost constantly vs trash mobs.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 13, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Gibbo posted:

Are you running the one that was featured build a while ago? I was considering giving that one a try in the next league. Is it fun? I don't doubt the effectiveness

Yeah, its pretty sweet. You one shot most of the white mobs, and blue and rares die quite quickly. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037 is the build thread.

I'm using the HC tree as a base, but have switched some things around for a couple more jewel sockets. Way too many points but thats what I'm going for.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...aelXqVYrjQx-4s=

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

A while ago, I posted a video of me running Dried Lake with my goofy 2H Molten Strike build in 2.0. When 2.1 came around, I decided to make some changes to it based on what I'd learned, and then make a new video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWav4p_-tZo

You can see some very long-winded notes in the description of that video, but the short of it is, 1. Blasphemy owns, 2. I was wrong about Leap Slam, it does not suck and I'm sorry, 3. Maces probably not the best choice? Maybe even the worst choice? The stun reduction isn't enough to stun bosses, and also not enough attack speed. Attack speed is king. And also, can you use totems with CWDT? I feel like Flame Totem might be better than Ball Lightning here for blinding things.

Totems do not work with trigger gems anymore.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Shut up and take my GGG points.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1568861

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Ranzear posted:

I've seen silly builds turn out to be absolute monster builds, crank it up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Fs9sHvA-E

These are my favorites since returning. I was already sick of RF back in my nooblord 2014.

:lol: that just silly. His tree for those interested. https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...NhUnaofWwZ3UzE=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
All the bleed sources would be additive right? 16% from the tree, 10% from the Gladiator Ascendancy class, and 25% from Mark of the Doubting Knight on a crit,. Mark also gives 25% chance to poison on crit, Adders Touch gives 30% on a crit, and you can get 25% chance to poison bleeding enemies from the tree. Plus you get a good deal of increased damage to bleeding enemies from the tree and Gladiator.

I know mark isn't a very good dagger as its so slow and is only 200 pdps, but it might be worth a thought going into 2.2.

• Locked thread