Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Okay so I just played last season for the first time since the beta. This season is my first foray into trading and my Terminus Est build is almost to the endgame.

I was lucky enough to get a reliquary key to drop, but poe.trade is confounding me. PoE Ninja shows exalted orbs at like 93c but the trade search seems to massively undervalue them. Is this why everyone is selling them for like 0.7ex? I listed at 0.8 and figure that's around 73c but could use some guidance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

Valle posted:

When you go to poe.trade, look in upper right corner, click the "currency market ->" for the, uh, currency market.

Edit: Being less obtuse: as poe.ninja kinda shows exalts have gone up quite a bit in the last day or two. Problem with searching for items (such as ancient reliquary key) that give prices in both fractions of an exalt and chaos orbs, is that poe.trade apparently has to manually update how much an exalt is worth. Since it's quite a bit behind it's kinda unreliable for such items right now. For example, if you scroll down the ancient reliquary key list to the end of those for sale at 0.9 ex, you'll find several for 60c, before switching to 1 ex. Basically poe.trade still "thinks" an ex is worth 61-65c.

Yeah, that was exactly what I said. I was wondering if there was a better way to handle this or if I'd read it right.

Looks like 99c now. Guess I'll keep it at 0.8ex for now.

edit: Here's my profile. Obviously Severian is the one doing the Terminus Est build. I'd welcome gear suggestions, especially recommendations for replacements for the Tabula Rasa. I'm currently looking into a Daresso's Defiance. Is my belt worth feeling married to? Magnate seems really nice but I don't see it in any gear suggestions and I think I'm just prioritizing things wrong in my head.

George fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 30, 2017

George
Nov 27, 2004

Sorry, must have been the default. Should work now.

I also wouldn't mind suggestions for the 4-link on my boots. I was using that setup while leveling and now I just use it for Vorici's quests.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I just bought a pretty nice Daresso and god drat does it feel good to replace the TR. I'm not wearing a T-shirt anymore!

George
Nov 27, 2004

Last time I got a div card chest I got the card that gives you 5c, so I'm going to assume that happens every time for everyone.

George
Nov 27, 2004

palecur posted:

Apropos of nothing, it sure gets me salty that Vorici, the Assassin, is the only Master who gives you missions that explicitly require you to not kill a specific goblin in a huge pile of other goblins. He's the most annoying Master to level.

It's kind of worth keeping an alternate skill/gear setup around for him.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Leaguestones should have inventory slots instead of being on the H menu. A prompt before activating would have been a wise default behavior that people could turn off when they figure out what they're doing.

This game has made brilliant strides since I first played it but it's clear GGG hasn't got a loving clue what they're doing with the interface and rely on the community to tell them how to fix it. This doesn't work too well for something as short as a league.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Honestly they should just give you six portals at this point. Maybe they put you back at your last aspirant's plaza or something.

George
Nov 27, 2004

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shaboom/characters

I'm working on getting Severian's last two ascendancy points and gearing out better. My gear feels like it's as good as it's going to get without getting Atziri's Acuity or a 6-link Terminus Est. I guess my main questions are about flasks, since I see a few different setups and some of them have no life flasks at all. I'm thinking of working a diamond flask back into it to help get started against bosses, since by my math it's the single biggest buff to crit chance in the game. I've also been experimenting with a Viper Strike link on my alternate weapon, since I've read some people do a skill switch for it, and would love recommendations for a 5-link setup if it's any different from Flicker Strike's. I was also thinking about putting Frenzy in there just to help get the real engine running; standing still always feels like a death sentence.

This is my first time in the endgame btw so a lot of poo poo is new.

edit: I've also seen people run with CWDT(2) and IC(4) instead of my 1/3 spec. Thoughts?

George
Nov 27, 2004

I bought a 26% Taste of Hate last night and this morning a 26% Taste of Hate dropped for me. :tinfoil:

George
Nov 27, 2004

So uh now I've found a Dreaming Breach Leaguestone and I have so many questions. Like why does it have a max monster level, and is it worth 90c or 3ex?

George fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 13, 2017

George
Nov 27, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Leaguestones have a max area level of 5(?) more than the area they were found in, unless it came in a map in which case there's no limit.*

*I might be talking out of my rear end on this

It was in like a Tier 11 map, so uh...

George
Nov 27, 2004

Jesus wept, I'm an idiot. I'm not used to seeing those say anything but like 10 or 20! Thanks for that.

Now any ideas on how to price it? I see a LOT of variance. It's of Splinters with a 3 roll if that even matters.

edit: It looks like it's somewhat determined by Splinters of Chayula. So 150c seems like a good starting point.

George fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Apr 13, 2017

George
Nov 27, 2004

Following a build guide seems like you're not really playing on paper but it's the best way to learn. I dinged 90 for the first time today and am finally understanding how I might tweak the build I copied.

George
Nov 27, 2004

We've all accidentally befriended someone we're just trying to trade with. You quietly unfriend.

It's just funny the way you said it.

George
Nov 27, 2004

My experience with the calculator has been similar. I usually just spend the extra to ensure the slots I need of the hardest color, but I prefer surer bets even if they're more expensive.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I avoided trading at first because I was thinking in terms of spamming a trade chat, going to town in someone's D2 game, and dropping poo poo on the ground or whatever. I've always had lovely experiences with it, and avoiding scams becomes the real game. Then I dinged 51 and needed a Terminus Est, and my buddy showed me how trading works in PoE. Holy poo poo is it smooth.

Seriously, if you're someone who's "too lazy to trade", you're probably thinking of trading in a different game. It's super chill.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I finally pulled the trigger and spent 1500 fusing to 6L my Terminus Est and my EDPS is about 1mil. I also installed Path of Building.

How much of this rabbit hole is left? Will the poison ever leave my body?

George
Nov 27, 2004

Yeah I know, someone plays PoE who's not a gambling addict.

George
Nov 27, 2004

That's a pretty common problem. You should set up a different skill link for his quests.

George
Nov 27, 2004

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/StashAugustine/characters

Shoot Shower Shiv isn't performing as well as I'd hoped. I think Ice Shot can only go so far but I was hoping to feel more comfortable around T10 than I do. It's probably just that evasion builds aren't for me, but if something jumps out at folks I'd be interested​to hear it.

Severian is starting to really crush up to T15. I see everyone saying to just swap flicker for viper against big bosses but I'm not used to it. Any trick to it or do I just need to learn to actually control him now?

George
Nov 27, 2004

Atziri's Acuity are so much better than VP for a crit build, especially for maps that kill life regen. Maybe it's just because I use blood rage though.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Can anyone explain what caused this? I just went to town for a gear poo poo, it was like 30 seconds, and I had a breach I was about to open. gently caress my life.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Hauki posted:

Welcome to PoE

Huh. Maybe it's time to go back to D3 I guess.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I'm glad to be of service.

I was totally joking when I wrote that, but then I went and played D3 all night. It's already out of my system, so there's that.

I just wish PoE would fix its server stability and hire someone who knows what a loving user interface is.

edit: I also wanted a "George is gettin' upset!", but you guys didn't deliver.

George fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 25, 2017

George
Nov 27, 2004

And it just happened again. You guys seem familiar with this issue, is it arbitrary or reproducible? Is Strand just cursed for me?

George
Nov 27, 2004

I'm playing on California, but yeah gonna chill on this for a while. gently caress everything.

George
Nov 27, 2004

YoungSexualNorton posted:

I can't imagine being so mad about goblin portals that I would go back to d3. That is like being so mad at the pizza man because he forgot your pepperoni that you go into the bathroom of his restaurant and just eat a big old pile of poo poo right out from the toilet bowl without even shutting the door.

D3 is unrecognizable as a Diablo game but it's finally hammered itself into being a good game of some sort FYI. I wouldn't really recommend it to a PoE fan, but it felt like the funny thing to say.

It's still really lovely having this happen twice in one night. Makes it feel like the rug's about to get pulled out from under me at any time.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Last Chayula rift I got disconnected me when I opened it.

George
Nov 27, 2004

D3 ran into this a while ago. Dex classes suffered horribly because evasion on its own is necessarily either OP or useless by design. They ended up making Dex do exactly the same thing as Str, which fixed the problem mechanically but is stupid as hell and makes no sense. The moral is that pure evasion is terrible so make hybrids work.

As for VP, I think Atziri's Acuity is a good example of a way to deal with it. Maybe give VP a different trigger than crit.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Yeah, another thing about the Dex change in D3 is it made all these scattered pieces of extra evasion suddenly worthwhile.

Evasion scales way differently than mitigation, so things that aren't actually diminishing returns for armor and allres really are for it.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Trials are the #2 reason I will never play HC in this game. #1 is the feckless UI that's unable to communicate a single thing about monster abilities to the player ever.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Yeah that's #3-10 for me.

George
Nov 27, 2004

The best part of this game, like D2, is watching a plan come together. It happens differently and at different times for each build, but there's always that breakpoint where you spend the strength you saved and put on that piece of gear from your stash that laces it all together.

Nobody ever asked for a HC version of Path of Building.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

every day someone posts "100 RUNS OF X HERES THE LOOT". It gets tiring to see and is really pointless.

Sorry you had to read something every day on reddit. Doesn't seem to come up much here, so maybe you don't need to complain about people in the PoE thread chatting casually about their PoE experience just because you saw something similar on another forum.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Lechtansi posted:

Quick question about vaal pact. I have about 5.5k life and i'm going to try guardians and shaper. My life leech is super high, and I mostly sustain through leeching.

I have been using blood magic and whirling blades, since that makes whirling blades free w/ my regen. I've also been using blood rage as a big source of DPS. I've been told that in order to do guardians/shaper i'm going to need vaal pact. I'm assuming that I'm going to have to drop both of those if i take it?

As a fellow Blood Rage user I can't recommend taking VP. Unfortunately the only solution is using Atziri's Acuity, and you need high crit and 14+ ex for that.

George
Nov 27, 2004

It was added later, so it's a little off-kilter. It's also hard to balance around three play-throughs, which is a lot of why we're getting ten acts next patch.

George
Nov 27, 2004

So I made a pretty good belt for my WI Templar:

Second try. Sold the first try for 1ex. My friend ragequit when I showed him.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I found a very similar one for 10ex, but could probably get away with higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

The good news is that you never have to bother doing it on merciless.

• Locked thread