Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Wilekat posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing in PoE, but tried out the Exiles race and BLAMT for a laugh. In BLAMT I cleared the little island thing that has the quest for the quicksilver flask and got murdered by angry Rhoa in the Mud Flats. In Exiles I spent 40 minutes rerolling characters after being murdered 2 feet out of town and ended at level 4.

Game's good!

The fact that you beat tidal island in BLAMT is fairly impressive, it's probably the hardest of all the events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
BLAMT gets easier as you go along and get better geared, and since you have 24 hours you can farm safer areas for currency/drops and only push on when you're totally safe. It also helps to spend the majority of your points on more life/ES, evasion/armor and resists.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
As usual, reddit is filled with salty manchildren crying about every new change being discovered in the newest beta. Not sure what I expected really.

edit: ggg are the worst devs, game is dead *logs in and plays for 10 hours daily*

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

whypick1 posted:

ProjectPT account spotted

lol he's streaming xcom to about 26 viewers, how the (not) mighty have fallen

Bring on a massive meta-shift GGG, I'm ready

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Same, if there's space in any goon guilds, I'm ProfessionalAtWork

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

I mean I hate that you can't zoom out more. The camera is super close to your character compared to, say, Diablo 3.

I had this really wierd glitch (possibly?) just before entering the cathedral roof, the camera zoomed out quite a bit as I moved toward the entry. I got excited because I thought I was about to do some epic fight that needed the camera pulled back to capture it. Well there was a fight eventually but the camera had reverted to normal zoom when I entered the rooftops :(

I play in 4K and when it was zoomed out I was tiny and I could see so goddamn far, I want it always damnit

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 8, 2017

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
So I just realised I put a bunch of MTX onto one of my HC characters in a voided league :v: Guess I gotta contact support to get them back now right?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Oh my god Weta pets are on sale for 2 points each. I have 350 from the outlaw supporter pack, time to fill my hideout with hideous bugs.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Mr. Despair posted:

How did you manage that when mtx is disabled in voided leagues?

It was one of those 2hr Uber Beyond leagues or whatever, for some reason they let you use the MTX panel during it. I didn't even think of it at the time, but yeah it was a voided race.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Here, have a tablebreaking 4K screenshot of a shitzillion weta:

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Elentor posted:

God I hate it, but at the same time I love it that you were crazy enough to do it.

Best 800 points I ever spent. Trading is going to be real fun :D

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

I dunno if I just never experienced it before this race since some exiles can be rare but good god I am terrified of ones with Molten Shell up because they just nuke you.

Unrelated, holy lol does PoE do some wierd camera shenanigans when you put it into ultra-ultra-widesceen:

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I'm not one to complain about GGG balance decisions but this batch of changes just confuses me; Power/Frenzy charges look a lot less appealing to incorporate into a build unless it's going all-in on charges and can leverage every advantage they can provide. The ailment changes just straight-up suck though, the whole concept of HP thresholds determining ailment strength makes them proportionally less useful the higher the target's HP is, to a point where in the current meta of balance you can pretty much consider all bosses ailment immune. But they removed almost all forms of ailment immunity not long ago, so basically what they've done is remove outright immunities but replaced them with a system that's exactly as restrictive, but with the extra kick in the balls that comes with the actual ailment effect being scaled by damage...

:psyboom:

• Locked thread