Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haven't played in 2 years. I have a 79 Marauder Ground Slammer. Is that total crap now, or should it still be viable (I'm still d/l'ing)? I have a 49 witch also with absolutely no gear, and I imagine a full respec. I bet the marauder does as well. Whats a nice witch build now?

I could never get great items or currency. Ever. I had two level 70+ and found prob 2 exalted. Has that changed any?

What are these Prophecy challenges? Halp, I forgot everything and also there's a lot of new stuffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never really played any leagues or races anyway.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My gear sux mega, I wont be able to amass any points. Should i just start 100% fresh and sell all my gear and delete all my characters? Cause I kond of want to do that. Maybe keep the 79 just so ill have access to all vendors for now. Whats the sort of base lvl dps you need to shoot for? I cant remember what mone is but I bet its not great. I could clear lvl 73ish maps without many problems but that was about it.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Started a Prophecy. I guess first time through i gotta just kind go with whatever i get for while right? Im loving contagion as a shadow. Lot of new spells.
How much better is quake than ground slam?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah i can clear maps with gs, but if quake is a lot better i need for one of yall to give me a fully leveled max quality one kthx

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From the brief thing I just read EQ would not make good use of faster atk and mult atk, which is what im running so Id have to get a whole new setup. I can run liw maps with this to build up wealth for a bit though.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vasudus posted:

Swap out multistrike with less duration, and faster attack with rapid decay. There, you can now do EQ without changing your sockets. Go to the vendor and get some level 12 gems, the difference won't kill you.

Sweet thanks.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

Invite sent

May i get an invite as well? I was on irc yest at work but went home. Im starting again after 2yrs and could use help. Mostly just need res. My armor sucks and survivability needs work.
Ign SSSisyphean.

Lvl 12 eq w rapid decay does 3k less than GS but im guessing the aftershock boosts it a lot?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite thing ive discovered since coming back: not every good item is 80 ex.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Btw, ive got a 49 witch, what should i respec into. She was a summoner but want something else.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone feel like looking at a skill tree real quick? I'm now at a point where I can really get efficient with the build. I just need to learn a lot about the skill tree again. It's about 200% bigger than I remember.
Here

Earthquake. I'm doing fine now with trash jewelry, but looks like I have some attack speed which I now don't need and a little extra mana.

Catalyse 1 node. 24% more elemental damage. I have added fire support, but I don't know if that makes a big difference. I can actually save 7 if I back track from Devotion as well. Use that to go up to Purity of Flesh for life and chaos res?
Berserking 3 nodes by the scion can go.
One AS below Destroyer. One small mana below duelist.

Does that seem about right? Where do I need to go with em? Just copy another build probably?
Anyone need some blessed orbs and chisels? I need regrets now.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 17, 2016

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

Here's what I would do wit hthe points you have available.

More life, more armour, more resistances. Art of the Gladiator is a fantastic node that you really shouldnt skip. The movementspeed you get from it is great, and the rest of the stats are good too (except for accuracy which you dont need).

The only thing you really need for mana is a source of physical mana leech. You can craft that on your gloves with Haku lvl5 if you have an open prefix. If/when you do that, you can drop Mana Flows.

My suggested EQ 6link: EQ->Less Duration->Melee Physical Damage->Fortify->Weapon Elemental Damage->Added fire. If you dont have access to a 5 or 6link, drop 2 of the last three. Play around with what you like the most. If you dont have a 5link, you should ask someone in guild to hook you up, because at this point they should be worth gently caress all for basic ones.

I have 2 5Ls. I don't have a fortify gem, but will get one and replace fire. My other 5L is CWDT - EC - IC - Shell - Golem which is pretty good IMO.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

climboutonalimb posted:

I don't think you need Mana Flows w/ the Berserker Pain Reaver ascendancy point.

I agree with Rat about droping Hematophagy though if you're already resist capped you don't really need to Elementalist or Diamond Skin unless you want more flexibility with gearing choices.

Butchery is way more point efficient than Martial Experience. Go for Bone Breaker as well if you use maces.

Have you thought about grabbing the 3 extra endurance charge nodes? Also there's always more % life to get. :)

I think the more important question is whether you lacking damage or defenses.

Yeah my resists are like 30/70/30/5 or something like that. I would like flexibility to use IR/IQ if I wanted. Although my survivability is still good, tier 3 maps are cake except for the rare occasion I get blasted by 4 groups at once. I don't have access to anything beyond that though. I think my dmg is fine right now, my EQ just got to lvl 17.
If I change to get more ele res and swap EC with a totem setup, then fortify for Added fire, I'm probably good, then just need a better weapon. 163-244 1.53 aps lol.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait, I went Berserker so should I even do Fortify?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just take the Rampart nodes?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If everyone isn't tired of me by now, how about a gear check? I know armor ok and 2H stuff and jewelry. Never had archer or 1H. Also I'm sure proj speed has changed a lot and is real bad or something.

Rugged Quiver(discontinued)
2-3 cold dmg (should re-roll) edit: NM can't reroll that
---
23% ele weapons+
34% crit mult
52 life
40% lightning res
36% projectile speed

Wand
64% spell dmg
20% Phys dmg
23% lightning dmg
37% proj speed

Rapier
30% crit mult
37 strength
42-82 fire dmg
15-30 cold dmg
5-95 lightning dmg
34% crit chance

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some nerd should make a site or spreadsheet where you can put in all the mods like this on an item and it checks against a bunch of values for different (like the top 20 most played) builds to see if it's viable, even maybe for levelling or something.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im running herald of ash and hatred. Are there better options there? Also rrduced mana not seem to be working on hatred? Or just cause its not leveled much?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat. Oh well. I dont use much mana. I remember running 3 and reduced mana. Could you do 4? I cant remember how low they went. Also my friend used to run a dual flame totem and i see you can run quad now. That seems fun. What a good free game.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone here have a Marohi 5l for sale? I've contacted about 6 people but some haven't logged on in a few weeks.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Real Foogla posted:

are you checking "online only"? there are 22 on right now (one of the reasons people don't respond is that they are fixing prices low, i.e. they signal a low price, other people think that price is legit and sell low too, fixer buys it and relists it at a profit)

Sneaky assholes.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holyshoot posted:

I have one I can just give you for free if I remember. I don't play standard. Add me on steam holyshoot316 and I'll hook you up around 4pm pst.

I love you. Ill add you after dinner.

Edit: no users with that name... WHats you IGN on PoE?

Are you just holyshoot on steam. That acct has some hrs on PoE.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 18, 2016

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When is the new race season gonna be up?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Since I just got back, I decide to just do a few and got the 10pt reward. I plan on doing more when they start another. Quite fun.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gibbo posted:

What's a decent league starting build that will teach me how to not just run into the middle of every pack? I've played eq two leagues in a row now and even when I try casters I tend to just run in and try to face tank poo poo.

I have no idea where to even begin as a bow user.

Totems all the way. I've been antsy to start another totem build.

I finally got a sacrifice at midnight. Is the Apex the really hard Atziri fight? or is this a lower level one? Cause I can clear t5 maps with max 1 death (haven't had access to any harder ones).

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It takes me 7 to 10 min to clear a t4 map and i gain like 10% exp and thats if i dont die to those random balls that spawn after kills. 17 levels to go. Yeah gently caress those guys. Although i thinking getting some more movement speed would help tremendously.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StashAugustine posted:

Is 6-linking Marohi Erqi a good idea for EQ or should I just save up for a super rare maul and link that

Ive got a 5l thats doing fine.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man inflation is ridiculous. It used to be what 11 c for exalt? I just saw someone offering 90.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like that ring. Is freezing pulse still good or did it get completely overtaken

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I cant wait to join a big boy league. I have no idea what to play, all ive played is GS/EQ, a summonerfirestorm and FP

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can i run CWDT - EK - Bladefall - Iron WIll just for an extra gently caress off since I have slots?
Or do I need to take out one and put the other in a spell totem to make it work?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Blood rage for offense, tempest shield for defense, breath for pretty.

On a more important note, ive got these skin transgers to use. Mauls have nothing really awesome exceppt kondor. Im using a golden mask and tabula rosa (a bricked one just for skin). What should i use for boots and gloves? Im going with a psycho killer theme. Do gang of momentum have 3d art?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When will we know if they are buffing or nerfing stuffs

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to buy 30 gcp. Which gems are the ones to upgrade for EQ? Current are
EQ 3% - Rapid Decay - Less Duration - PtoL - MelPhys - Fortify 1%
Warchief - Fire 20% - Conc. Effect - MelPhys - WEleDmg
Hatred - Herald of Ash 8%

Also how much does an attribute like 'adds 3-12 physical damage' on amulet or something actually add? Like what is it multiplied by?

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 25, 2016

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, I'll finish EQ and Herald leaving 11 to put on Duration.
I'll have 2 slots to put with Hatred and Herald. Elemental prolif? Enlighten/Empower? Curse on Hit?

Sorry, I'm just to the point where I'm completely min/maxing now.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 25, 2016

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Second CWDT setup Tempest Shield is not proc'ing. It takes a little less damage to proc and is not working. Flammability is proc'ing. Is it because of level of gem?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there an absolute invincible build? With mediocre dps even?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anybody else have hell with that laser shooting bitch boss in Torture Chamber? Only time ive died in like 10 levels and im pretty upset. Funman: when are you getting on again? We have a transaction to complete.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im eq but not poison. Beside voidheart do i need to pick dot nodes? Otlr just voidheart / atziri / gloves with enchant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im gonna try something dumb for shits and gigs. 5 cwdt setups. Is it possible? Has someone done it? Lost cause?

Immortal call
Shock nova
Ice nova
Glacial cascade
Curses

Templar prob. Carcass jack?

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 28, 2016

• Locked thread