Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Bugsy posted:

That is quite a change. Elemental hit might be good now with Melee Splash.

Elemental hit is not an "Attack skill that has its damage based on the wielded weapon"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
It just occurred to me that the changes to Lightning Strike could make Mjolner good again, does anyone know if that would be enough to make it strong?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

TheRat posted:

????????

Maybe I was misunderstanding, but I thought Mjolner got dumpstered a couple patches ago.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

Wait, Crit IB Facebreaker? Is he hoping for the IB explosion to crit?

Yeah, I'm confused too, he's doing crit Facebreaker without the unique that lets Facebreaker crit? Post-nerf IB explosion can't possibly be enough damage to be worth stacking crit for.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Hauki posted:

If you posted above and didn't get an invite to goon guild it's because you're in another guild already

Nah, it's because I already invited them.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Hauki posted:

There were a couple that had been skipped over so I just went back through them all for the last couple pages to doublecheck.
It was just a way of saying if you got skipped, try again.

Oh fair enough, I didn't catch that.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

Does anyone have a good build for a voltaxic archer? I ask, because right now, I think voltaxic + poison has a shitload of untapped potential.

Also, who remembers what the price of Voltaxics stabilised at during Awakening/1month? I ask because I'm wondering whether or not to buy voltaxics at 1exalt now, or later. Because later, I suspect some jerk is going to come out with a poison Voltaxic guide, and make the price skyrocket.

I'm running LA, and planning on going voltaxic as soon as I can afford one. I was going to wait until it hit 1ex, but since I don't have a pure ex yet and no one wants mixed currency right now, I'm going to wait a little longer.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Is there any way to force Masters to spawn before you have a hideout? I just cleared normal and I've been sitting on five level 2 Masters for an Act and a half. I want my crafting benches dammit.

You could ask to join in on other people's daily quests.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
That's a loving amazing CoC weapon.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

It's probably actually Voll's protector that needs nerfed and not the support gem or blade vortex hth

Blade vortex generating basically infinite power charges is pretty crazy.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

ronya posted:

my crit LA ranger just reached level 78 in the middle of a Dried Lake when I was suddenly seized by an intense feeling of ennui

just... wow, this is boring. Non-frustrating now that I have 4k lmp+chain tooltip rather than 1.6k, but still drab to play, and the next gear improvements cost tons of jewelers and fusings. I just ain't feeling it.

is this what fuels alt-itis

I mean, if you're doing Dried Lake till 78, that's definitely going to be boring. Go do some maps, they're super fun!

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Budgie posted:

I'm pc-less in Denmark till Friday so hopefully someone else will get you an invite.

I got it. Remember everyone that we're doing a purge on the 17th so put ASSENDENCY into your friend status.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

RossCo posted:

Any chance I could get a guild invite on rosscobrit?

Just hit 50 on my templar in time to realise that my skill tree is a hot mess and restart on a ranger. Good times though, no complaints!

The specified character does not exist.

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Haven't played since just after Forsaken Masters launched. Just made a Shadow and am shooting for that poison trapper posted a page or two ago. Didn't have much time to play tonight but someone in IRC said that the guild may be full. I hope next time I play there will be room for me to join!

Guild has 5 spots left, and we're doing a purge on the 17th, so there will definitely be room then.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Anyone on I could message to get invited to the guild this evening? I logged off a bit for dinner but I'm playing as "NinNinNin" on SC Talisman in a bit.

Congratulations! You got the very last guild slot.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Ada posted:

There's a subforum in the trading section of the official forums for cross league trading so it's not bannable, but they do warn that it's unmoderated so be careful.

Cross league trading is only allowed HC to Standard, and HC challenge league to SC challenge league. Trading Standard to talisman is definitely bannable. I'm not sure if they have ever done it, but they have said that they would. I remember when this policy started at the beginning of the second challenge league, because people were getting so rich on Standard that cross league trading was loving the economy up.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Fuuuuuuuck. I'm gonna have to do the races this time cause I want a whispering ice.

Whispering ice have become weirdly cheap, there are some for sale in talisman as cheap as 4c right now. I assume they're low ilvl, but still.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Yeah I'd guess the sub 10c ones are all probably super low ilevel which makes the item a bit garbage.

edit: the real draw for me is the super cheap potential 7-link since all sockets attach to the icestorm skill it provides without requiring a link.

Vorici can fix them for 350 jewelers, which is still pretty drat cheap. Total price is still below 50c.

Edit: I accidentally typed fusings instead of jewelers.

Katasi fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 22, 2016

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Kild posted:

You only need jewellers.

Yeah, I mistyped. Fixed.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Lungboy posted:

I'm trying the flicker build that was posted a page or 2 back. At what point does it become viable to use flicker as a main skill? Doing one attack then waiting 2s sucks so hard.

That problem is resolved by generating frenzy charges.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
Honestly, my plateau isn't about levels, but just about map drops. My last character was voltaxic LA, and was CRUSHING tier 10 maps with no problem, but I got higher maps so infrequently that there was no challenge whatsoever, and it was boring.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
Ascendency is going to come with a tree overhaul and significant balance changes. Until we see that, it's really hard to say. I could totally make a really awesome crit blade vortex build with the assassin subclass, but I have a feeling that blade vortex is going to get nerfed into oblivion before that can happen.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Ultima66 posted:

Per Chris on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3ym2ut/ascendency_supporter_pack_classes_artwork/cyeto7x?context=3

There's no artwork for Scion's ascendancy. This means it's not a static tree. The most straightforward explanation is that she uses Ascendancy points from other classes, therefore the artwork will just show whatever other Ascendancies she is getting points from.

My very first thought when they said that Scion only gets one ascendancy was that she gets to put 2 points each into 3 other ascendancies. That way she's flexible and varied, but can't be quite as specialized as the other classes. Fitting with her overall style.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
Looks like Perandus is a title given to treasurers or people in charge of money. Expect something to do with currency or rarity.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
Ah, you're right, but it seems like many of them worked with money. "Lord of the Coin" and "Prefect to the Treasury" and all that.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Kild posted:

It's ~310 ES with quality and I'm assuming this is a low roll. With 300 str its another 60 ES (its global so the local modifier won't apply). 400 ES/500 armor 70 life 15 all res ZO chest seems decent.

How do you know that the +ES per 5str is global and not local?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Can someone invite ZippityZapZoom please

Got you.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

ThCawdor posted:

Ditto for here, I'd like to play with some people.
E: also, there doesn't seem to be any useful info on how to do this in the first post.

I would send you an invite if I knew your character name.

Clockwork Beast! posted:

invite AFancyLuncheon, thanks!

The specified character does not exist.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Sgt. Slaughter posted:

Hello friends,

Is Skyblazer still the right guy to PM to get set up with a guild invite?

post your character name here, or message me on IRC, and I will get you an invite. I was gonna make fun of you, but everyone else did that for me.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Gibbo posted:

Would the chaos damage from life leech from the The Retch be subject to multipliers from increased chaos damage nodes? I've got some stupid idea for a scion with Berserker/witch pathing for Leech and added chaos damage and want to know if it's a "incredibly stupid, won't work" or just "probably not very effective, have fun" level of dumb.

Fake Edit:

This damage cannot be modified by damage modifiers because it is considered as reflected damage. From the wiki. Reading is good.

I feel like there might be a fun interaction here with the 100% of damage leeched as life after savage blow in berserker and with vaal pact.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Pooncha posted:

After way too much time in the Labyrinth (either died early, lagged out, or ran out of memory just before the final boss room :argh: ) I made my pacifistic summoning witch a necromancer and snagged a shitton of rares and a few uniques (including a nearly-maxed Facebreaker :v: ) from it. I probably should've given the skull to the Facebreaker instead of my current gloves, since "Word of the Tempest on hit" is not nearly as exciting when my witch never swings her weapon.

Pretty sure Word of Tempest triggers on spell hit too.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

https://poeurl.com/Anp

Idea is to use Varunastra in the main hand, Rive in the off-hand

Rive will give increased bleed damage and always causes bleed

Sunder - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Faster Attacks - Increased Critical Strikes as the main damage thing

What skill would you use to trigger the bleed from Rive?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Shouldn't Sunder work?

Sunder only works with axes, maces, and staves. The bleed on hit from Rive is local.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

JawnV6 posted:

One last question, and it's probably my costliest mistake: Does anyone take the Savage Hit & leech nodes in Berzerker or is the 40% damage/10% damage taken the only correct choice?

I've definitely considered the savage hit leech node as the mainstay for a few builds. With Vaal Pact or Atziri gloves it could be incredibly strong. However, a Marauder build that gets to vaal pact isn't super easy to do, and Atziri gloves are 15ex+ right now.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Shinino Kage posted:

drat. I was hoping I could remap the hot keys and potions. I have to shift my body to the left whenever I play the drat game.

You can definitely remap hotkeys and potions to other keys on the keyboard.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Mince Pieface posted:

So like... has anyone found any deals from Caidro that are actually good? Every single unique I have seen is worse value than selling coins for chaos and buying the unique on poe.trade. I just found kaom's heart from Caidro but for 9034 coins and the exchange rate being what it is, that's break even at best.

I got a berek's respite for 8k coins, bought 7.5k coins for an ex, sold the ring for 2ex within 20 minutes.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, maps, my stash is filling up with them.

Which maps are worth running for divination cards? crypt and residence I know, any others?

Which maps aren't worth running at all and I should just upgrade, dark forest > gorges?

I turn almost everything t6 or less into chisels.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Bob NewSCART posted:

Will standard get any of the sweetness from this league? poo poo sounds cool as hell but I feel like I'm way too late to get something off the ground

I agree with everyone else in saying that you have plenty of time to roll on Perandus. Also, Chris stated yesterday that as of right now, Perandus content will not be rolled into standard, but he hasn't ruled it out 100% as a possibility.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Bob NewSCART posted:

Will standard get any of the sweetness from this league? poo poo sounds cool as hell but I feel like I'm way too late to get something off the ground

I agree with everyone else in saying that you have plenty of time to roll on Perandus. Also, Chris stated yesterday that as of right now, Perandus content will not be rolled into standard, but he hasn't ruled it out 100% as a possibility.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Build idea, want critiques.

Tree at level 70

Skills: Shrapnel Shot Trap primarily. Point Blank + Trap gives a nice damage bonus (plus Far Shot helps offset Point Blank's damage penalty for distant foes), Powerful Precision doubles my crit chance since Shrapnel Shot has 100% chance to Pierce. Probably go Phys-to-Light for 90% lightning damage. Probably go HoT/CoH/Assassin's Mark with Haste for auras.
Gear: Have a Rearguard and a Lightning Coil (Cells is officially my favorite map now), hence why I picked up Iron Reflexes (plus I'm tired of playing EV/ES characters). Can steal my main character's 6S/5L Lioneye's Glare once he hits 90. If I felt like going more offensive instead of defensive would drop Rearguard for Drillneck.

Anything I'm missing that would make this a stupid idea?

I don't think point blank will affect the aoe portion of shrapnel shot, but I'm not sure on that, the wording is kinda weird on point blank. The long cooldown on Trap will probably also be an issue. If you're doing cluster trap, you might consider going Sunblast and doing a grenadier build so that they all explode and aren't wasted, but that's more of a style preference.

Also, 2 ascendancy points for 110% crit chance and 10% projectile damage seems quite underwhelming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

For people who stack endurance charges and don't eat them with immortal calls, how viable is undercapping below 135%, and instead relying on the 4%/charge to cap your resists? Or is it asking for trouble the moment a nullifier shows up?

If it's a stupid idea, I guess it's still okay to use stacked endurance charges to counteract elemental weakness curses.

I feel like capping your resists is so easy that this isn't particularly worthwhile.

• Locked thread