Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
We all love Roman Reigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
HHH is head of creative.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sheamus and Roman, much like the rest of the roster, will probably have a really good match that nobody will care about because the writing is very bad, IMO. Bad poo poo in creative, and HHH has a lot to answer for.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

KungFu Grip posted:

lol if he wins at tlc and roman doesn't walk through him

They will extend it to the Rumble in a title match probably. I'm sorry.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Corporate Kane posted:

he is going to win by cheating in some fashion just like seth rollins did for his entire reign

At least he won't randomly start doing highspots in the middle of his cheating so he won't piss me off as bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

achillesforever6 posted:

Yes and he wants to look like he can lead the WWE better an he can only do that but actively loving up the main program because he knows most will just blame Vince and Dunn while sensibly booking NXT and making it a viable brand.

It's disgusting and he's actively sabotaging the careers of Roman Reigns and Sheamus.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

achillesforever6 posted:

Look to make an omelet you have to break a few eggs, and I'm sure they can get rehabbed

Sadly Roman is the new Lex Luger: Really good but everyone in the future assumes he was awful because of a failed main event push. HHH goes over at Mania.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm sure all the bad parts of RAW, are Vince and Kevin Dunn's fault, and all the good parts belong to HHH, who does not actually book NXT.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

St Evan Echoes posted:

You scumbag
You maggot
You cheap lousy human being
You'll be kissing me arse
In the TLC match

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://twitter.com/AlfieBCC/status/674399738968596480

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

StarkRavingMad posted:

The unicorn horns apparently sold out in under 5 hours

Would hate to be Dave Meltzer right now.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

keevo posted:

Does he hate the New Day?

He hates them now, and also he was skeptical that anyone would buy the plastic unicorn straps.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I still can't believe people think giving Jon Stewart, who cost John Cena the title by giving him a chairshot in the back, an AA was some kind of heel move. Like, my god.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"Why is the babyface fighting for five minutes alone in the ring to beat up poor, defenseless Jim Cornette? What is going ON??"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lady Naga posted:

Jim Cornette wasn't 50 years old and also a non-combatant.

Jon Stewart gave John Cena a chairshot that cost him the WWE title.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lady Naga posted:

Babyfaces (especially company mascot John Cena) are supposed to be the better man. At the very least, "if someone you barely know takes something from you, beat the hell out of them" isn't a very good message for kids.

Babyfaces, and wrestlers in general are supposed to give a poo poo about winning the title, and should be extremely mad when someone screws them out of it.

Remember when Roman Reigns just like, gave Sheamus/Authority back the belt a few weeks ago, instead of doing something interesting or badass with it? When that happened, did you think, "Well, I'm glad Roman's the better man"? What you definitely did not think was "Wow, Roman is bad rear end and cool, and really wants to win the title" which is bad because that is what you probably should be thinking about the face going for the belt.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Needs More Ditka posted:

How exactly was spitting in the face of your boss offering you a leg up and then physically assaulting him for offering a handshake a face move though? I mean, it would make sense as an explicit callback to "you broke up me and my buddies" but no one but H ever referenced it. Roman himself characterized his actions not as "this is payback for screwing the Shield" but as "I'M GONNA DO THIS MYSELF MY OWN WAY" which is not a position I find particularly sympathetic.

Assholes suck up to the boss. Real men do things themselves. I'm not saying anything in the last month has been good booking, but like, jesus, do you think cozying up to the boss offering you a free pass to the top is a face move, then?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fat Lowtax posted:

Bringing in popular, famous Jon Stewart to be the "heel celebrity" and irrelevant rapper Machine Gun Kelly to be the "face celebrity" is a thing

It was really bad, agreed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Like honestly, all of this just seems like a misguided attempt to compare wrestling morality to real morality, which, yeah, it's going to seem hosed up because in the real world, we try to discourage people from solving all their problems with violence. But that'd be lovely rear end booking in wrestling.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lady Naga posted:

The dynamic of a manager versus a celebrity guest host is so different there's no real comparison.

Oh, so he belonged in the ring interfering with the match even less than a manager, who at least is allowed to be at ringside unless banned by a stipulation.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Roman was barely pushed for like, half the summer, taking a back seat to Lesnar, Taker, Sting, and Seth Rollins. The Lex Express poo poo back in the day put the "Roman Reigns is being shoved down our throats" poo poo to shame.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That's 4 penetrations. That's scientifically impossible.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
At this point I'm just pretending it doesn't exist until it moves to USA.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

abraham linksys posted:

what kind of cable package gets you USA but not Syfy

I don't have any cable package but they're not going to actually put any effort into the show until it moves to USA.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

St Evan Echoes posted:

i live in Ireland and mostly I hope mcgregor loses to shut everyone the gently caress up

At least Ireland will still have one champion

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Maybe Dean can win the title then and all the ex-shield guys can have the worst tile runs in the company's history.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

rovert posted:

Over/under on how long Mauro will last?

I do fear for Mauro's mental health with Vince screaming at him and calling him a moron in the headset. He is someone who has options and can tell WWE to gently caress off.

Also I wonder if he will retain his name.

Does Vince bother to do this for SmackDown?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Roman Reigns FTW. Knew he'd pull through. Over like rover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

good

• Locked thread