Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Ppl who bring 4 4-star pay2win boba fetts/jedis on their multiplayer roster and then 1 random rear end poo poo guy to tank their rating are snakes and should be fed to the sarlaac. Im committed to spending no money on this and just taking it easy but doing the daily 3 pvps is a pain in the rear end when these dudes are frontin' like their squad is rated 8000 but they actually have like 15000 points worth of HP on 4 dudes that heal & counter attack & are fully levelled and then like a 1 star ewok with 3 gigantic HP bars who you can 1 shot but it does no good.

Also they really went full gacha on the cards. Even the premium currency cards have a chance to not award you anything except shards (and not even enough shards to unlock someone!). That annoys me.

And its hosed that iphone users got resistance trooper & droid users got first order stormtrooper. Resistance trooper attacks first always and can half health a very sturdy hero in 1 shot. First order stormtrooper is destined to be shot into the air by a tie fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Do not spend 5 dollars on a stormtrooper

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Kegslayer posted:

Just got started on this after seeing thr movie only to find that the stormtrooper is now a Greedo.

I'm assuming I shouldn't buy it and just farm shards forever?

do not spend 5 dollars on greedo

if you're really wanting to drop money on this wait for a pack that includes some must have big name characters / jedi / sith dudes. Dooku if you can get him is pretty bonkers because his 25% counter chance is actually a 100% counter chance in arena

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Ularg posted:

Well arena is pure bullshit now. I'm rank #1785. I'm at 8,600 for team power. Here's the only opponents I can fight.

9,000+ Power: Chewbacca
7,000-8,500: Either Captain Phasma or Dooku

Those two leaders are just pure bullshit. They get bonus attacks off bonus attacks off counter attacks. The AI get the first turn all the time and they nearly kill one of my characters before I get a single turn. I have to play arena for daily activities. There are no other opponents. I am not putting money in so I'm probably 100 hours away from being able to compete.

Basically I can't play arena anymore. Or complete chapter 4 on light or dark side. Or do anything in chapter 2 of Cantina battles.

TLDR: I suck

You dont have to do all your daily activities tbh. I think the game is fun but im never putting money into it, so most nights I just log in and knock out all the ones that dont require me to actually play it. Sim all my cantina energy for Chewie shards, sim 3x LS & DS hard missions (usually for jedi consular or chewie shards or talia), buy any shipments I can afford, level up my worst guy 1 rank for that daily bounty since its cheap. Equip a low level guy 1 item because its cheap.

That knocks out every daily except for: Galactic War, Arena, & Challenge. The challenges are fun/easy so you can do those. Galactic war is easy at the low levels so you can do that. So the only ones you will be missing out on are the 3x arenas(which you dont need to win, only play so if you dont mind losing knock them out), and the 'complete all dailies'.

I got up to like 1300 rank with a pretty poo poo team before enemy teams started being waaaay too powerful & full of good dudes and ive just rode my ever decreasing rank to daily 400 pvp infusions to buy sidious shards with while never playing another match.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
am i just tasting the rear end of RNG or is Cantina battle shard rate dropped precipitously. I got Chewie to Star 6 off of Cantina battles without shard buys before Jan 1. I am now trying to level up Genosian Soldier, and I've cleared his poo poo 14+ times per day (depending on level ups) for the past week and I've gotten like 5 shards total. I have some days with 0 shards on 14 runs????????????

hello game where da shards at

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Metos posted:

Apparently upgrading Dooku's basic attack to level 7 goes from 40% chance to cause an additional attack to 5% chance to cause an additional attack, missing the 0 to make it 50 in the code :downsbravo:*

*AI Dooku now has 500% chance for additional attack

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
What power level are your teams / arena opponents? Im tryin to figure out if whatever bracket im in is whalehaven or not.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
What does health steal even do? I've never seen it affect my characters at all

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I only log in and grind some shards and poo poo each day but next month I will be in Japan with no consoles/PC so I am planning to actually put more effort into this game. As a F2P player how do I level up my dudes the best. I feel like credits are the big bottleneck?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I dont think anyone answered me but how do i get credits to level up my guys im level 72 but none of my guys are higher than 56 lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I thought it wasnt by power level but by your highest achieved rank? My noob squads are usually around 45 level teams g6 or less. When i get to the tough gauntlet at the end its level55 to 60g7 teams. This seems to line up with where i sit in arena now vs where i maxed out.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I bought the 8 pack because I had saved like 5000 monies from logging in casually every day and just doing whatever cantina/hard mode shards I wanted, and I got dooku + 7 shard packs for various ewoks and jawas and stormtroopers, none of which was enough to promote or acquire any of said dumbass ewoks, jawas, and stormtroopers...

Argh!! Well now I know better and will just use them on refreshes when i start playing seriously next week.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
How does the game determine the allies you receive for any given mission? I've noticed that while doing the battles & stuff that it is giving me choices of allies who are all waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay under leveled. Its frustrating because I'd rather just not take an ally, if the choices they are giving me are going to do no damage and be very hard to keep alive. Fucks up my 3 stars man!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I applied for QGJ, ingame name same as my forums name. Looking forward to ... whatever guilds do in this game.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

tadashi posted:

From what I can tell, it looks like this first week we spend a lot of time not doing things.

So it seems like we should just be making sure to use all our cantina energy? Is that the only activity I see right now? I can do that, infact I may be pretty good at it

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I dont get this rancor fight how do i not get owned so hardn. He just straight up wallops my dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Im starting to see more vaders and kylos in addition to sid and i hate that poo poo. Due to sids healing immunity lasting so goddamn long i always try to kill him first so he cant debuff my guys. Now with teams running vader who even at 4 stars has tons of hp and dmg i usually need to kill him before he saber kos one of my guys. Kylo i have to kill since he also applies healing debuff.

Makes sid going on a dodgefest even more annoying.

Edit: and i realize this problem could be solved by running barriss but i dont got her yet :[ i run lumi/geo sold/sid/qgj/daka or jedi consular or phasma generally

When i run into a nasty rear end team in the back half of gw i usually run phasma and my b unit of ig86, windu, talia, chewie, and whomever to try and kill someone like sid.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 12:12 on May 4, 2016

• Locked thread