Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

seems like this is the hot topic today. so what's everyone's thoughts on the latest game breaking addition to valve's incredible Counterstrike: Global Offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Haven't played it OP. I used to play a lot of CS from beta 5 up to 1.6 though. Hope someone else can be more helpful.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
What is it. I haven't played csgo in weeks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

What is it. I haven't played csgo in weeks.

New 8 round mangnum that kills anybody in one shot no matter where you hit them, guarded or unguarded, and costs $700.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

New 8 round mangnum that kills anybody in one shot no matter where you hit them, guarded or unguarded, and costs $700.

Lol sounds cool I'm gonna play later

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
when you say $700 do you mean some sort of in-game currency, or seven hundred american dollars?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

when you say $700 do you mean some sort of in-game currency, or seven hundred american dollars?

i assumed ingame but now im not so sure

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

It's ingame and from what I remember of playing OG CS it's not a lot of money to accumulate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

In game. 700 is low and it's ludicrously OP for that tier and the community has lost its collective mind.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
It's excellent how the developers of CSGO have no clue what their game is supposed to be until people go insane over the changes they make

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

In game. 700 is low and it's ludicrously OP for that tier and the community has lost its collective mind.

lol

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I read somewhere on this forum that the CSGO dev team is currently like 3 people. I bet they're really cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I read somewhere on this forum that the CSGO dev team is currently like 3 people. I bet they're really cool

Lol. I saw a "statement" from one dev guy in response who said everyone needs to calm down and enjoy the fun new gun.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its $850. you get $1400 for losing a round

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

anyway i havent used it yet op as instead of playing csgo last night i went and had dinner with my mum who had her birthday yesterday :)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so it's a semi-auto AWP that's 1/6th the price lol

The CounterStrike people have Lost Their Minds

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

anyway i havent used it yet op as instead of playing csgo last night i went and had dinner with my mum who had her birthday yesterday :)

:unsmith:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Happy birthday.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the only other ohk gun in the game the awp only got relatively balanced this year after 16 years of being obviously the best gun in the game so im sure this pistol will be fixed soon enough. lets all just enjoy time with our families this holiday season and not worry about it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I haven't touched CSGO for months, but I will tonight.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the only other ohk gun in the game the awp only got relatively balanced this year after 16 years of being obviously the best gun in the game so im sure this pistol will be fixed soon enough. lets all just enjoy time with our families this holiday season and not worry about it

they nerfed it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I haven't touched CSGO for months, but I will tonight.

Same but years .

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

THis thing looks loving badass

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

THis thing looks loving badass

it not only looks badass, its now the best gun in the game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

And its cheap too. So forgive me if I dont see the problem.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
It's really fun to use but also really brokenly good, OP.

Also the holster and show off animations let me pretend I'm revolver ocelot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

And its cheap too. So forgive me if I dont see the problem.

Muh game balance mans

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

http://gfycat.com/BoilingSevereGreatdane

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

now why in the world would they take out the first fun weapon in the game?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I dont play cs:go but I'm enjoying the salt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

They nerfed every pistol in the game so that aiming while moving would be more inaccurate, and then added this weapon which has the best moving accuracy in the game by a country mile.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hope it doesnt get patched today because i really want to go home and use it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i hope it doesnt get patched today because i really want to go home and use it

its super fun and the mechanic of having to hold the trigger before the round fires makes gunbattles really intense

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

bang bang, I'm a cowboy!!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

all im gonig to do is prefire every corner except let go of the trigger if no one is there so i dont waste a bullet

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Holy gently caress

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My thoughts are that I like shooting high impact revolvers in FPS games and if that makes me part of The Problem then so be it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

valve accidentally made a really cool and fun cowboy game and ill be sad when its gone

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

My thoughts are that I like shooting high impact revolvers in FPS games and if that makes me part of The Problem then so be it

its a one hit kill gun in a multiplayer game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

People around here always talk tough about shotguns in shooters but the revolver is what really makes it. Blowing marines away with the half life revolver was fully sick, blowing off zombie heads in resident evil(s) was sick, if a game has a good revolver it's probably a good game

• Locked thread