Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont know how to judge a mouse and need to buy a new one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
for video games ?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

for clicking

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I dunno. If your not a FPS or RTS gamer then probably most mouses over 10 dollars will do you well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm using a Zowie EC2-A mouse which was 60, but when it comes to just clicking stuff it works about the same as, say, this would: http://smile.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-Button-Wired-Mouse-Black/dp/B005EJH6RW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1449716246&sr=8-3&keywords=mouse

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Check out the m8crosoft 8 tellimouse

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
I've got one that's basically an older version of this one I've had it for ages and i really like it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Madcatz - Ratz

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And not as an indictment of you, OP, but you strike me as a person who uses a mouse mostly to click a game in steam and then go to a controller. Or, at most, you play a map game or some other kind of light-clicking type game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

And not as an indictment of you, OP, but you strike me as a person who uses a mouse mostly to click a game in steam and then go to a controller. Or, at most, you play a map game or some other kind of light-clicking type game.

youre right, ill just get a cheaper one, thanks

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Venom Snake, opening a Logitech package: Good, good mouse

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

elf help book posted:

for clicking

in that case you don't really have to spend a lot of money for a good one. i use a 15 dollar wireless Logitech mouse and have had it for years. it's red and i like it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the warranty on my current logitech mouse ran out two weeks ago and now its fuckin up aint that how it always is lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This one is on sale, OP. Don't get it if you want a mouse that's fitted for right-handed use.
http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-S...eelseries+mouse

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Remember to change the www to "smile" to help Amazon support your choice from a number of charity organizations. I myself use RAINN out of deference to Mick Foley, and the custom title text of one of the chicks who probably posts in the feminism thread or something like that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I like mice with side butans.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Not a lot.. two is enough. I think the Logitech G400 was the de facto beast mouse for a while now but mine eventually died and Logitech sent me an eSports looking Terminator mouse for free and that ones pretty good to.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
what you want is the razer deathadder chroma which you of course use on your razer firefly mousemat to get the matching lighting effects

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I've used a MX518 for something like 11 years now, so maybe get one of those, OP.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I like mice with side butans.

net cafe scandal posted:

Not a lot.. two is enough. I think the Logitech G400 was the de facto beast mouse for a while now but mine eventually died and Logitech sent me an eSports looking Terminator mouse for free and that ones pretty good to.

yeah. i think they discontinued the G400 or whtever similar number which is the really good gold standard of Affordable Wired Mouse With Side Buttons and replaced it with some lovely 'for gamers' angular design that doesnt look or feel as much like a regular mouse

what i'm saying is that i recommend the g400 extremely highly but that i dont think they sell it anymore

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

correction: you can still buy a G400 but its like $75 now instead of the 20-30 dollars that it used to be

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Wormskull posted:

Remember to change the www to "smile" to help Amazon support your choice from a number of charity organizations. I myself use RAINN out of deference to Mick Foley, and the custom title text of one of the chicks who probably posts in the feminism thread or something like that.

the feminism thread got closed like two years ago because of insane drama.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PleasingFungus posted:

:cheerdoge:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

PleasingFungus posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

my g500 is still working like a champ

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

ya this. caring about mice is for insane fps and rts gamers like me, the guy who has over 9000 hours in counter strike

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

hes going to ask for a pc port

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RIP my Ideazon Reaper, not built to last more than a few years.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I'm a satisfied g502 owner, but my g500 broke the clicking really soon but I hear the same won't happen to the g502. It's kind of a tall mouse.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have a logitech g400 that has served me very well for the past two years. It was on sale on amazon for $30 but for some reason it's like $120 now which seems weird, maybe you can get it cheap elsewhere

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i bought a $30 logitech mouse that has the button that locks and unlocks the scroll wheel because i have that button at work and like it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

thanks everyone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the mice with the button that changes your dpi on the fly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But , I'm in the breed of "uses mouse to click Launch on steam and pick up my DS4, or play a map game"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I like the mice with the button that changes your dpi on the fly.

my current one can change between 3 preset modes but after a while i made all 3 the same dpi and button layout cuz id hit it without realizing and get real confused, so i was left with a color change button

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Another Imp Zone success story. Thread Locked.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

elf help book posted:

i bought a $30 logitech mouse that has the button that locks and unlocks the scroll wheel because i have that button at work and like it
I can't have a mouse without this now, and logitech has the patent over it. I can only buy logitech mouses now forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

program666 posted:

I can't have a mouse without this now, and logitech has the patent over it. I can only buy logitech mouses now forever.

thats fine

• Locked thread