Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clumsy Robot
Feb 17, 2005

bigmcgaffney posted:

He checked down all game

and if no one is open, a checkdown is a smart play. teddy does have accuracy issues but the receivers have a hard time getting open, especially when the line can't buy teddy more than 1.5 seconds or lets free rushers through constantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

The team birds aren't real birds. I like the Cardinals because like 15 years ago they had this SNF game and like nobody was there and I felt bad for them so I rooted for them. Now they're doing better. But it's not because of the birds. Though weirdly all the bird teams I"m pretty cool with. But it's not just because they're birds those birds aren't real. And random people always want to tell me about eagles when I'm looking for warblers.

are you autistic

Dadjacket
Jul 23, 2004

HIPSTER PITCHFORK CARDIGAN SCARF
well I guess the Seahawks are gonna be a WC now since Arizona isn't gonna drop the next two in a row

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Don't antagonize our Kawalimus :mad:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

If Bridgewater was on the Texans we'd be running away with the division

Hoyer...has actually been solid this year? I mean, I have no faith in him long term, but he's been better than I ever expected him to be, and certainly after two weeks into the year where he looked absolutely horrible.

18 TDs and 6 INTs Intruder, get real son.

Edit: After one game, not two. I try to forget the early part of the season, you see.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Freeney won the game doing his spin :unsmith:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Dadjacket posted:

well I guess the Seahawks are gonna be a WC now since Arizona isn't gonna drop the next two in a row

Well the next two games are at Philly and against Green Bay... it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kirios posted:

Hoyer...has actually been solid this year? I mean, I have no faith in him long term, but he's been better than I ever expected him to be, and certainly after two weeks into the year where he looked absolutely horrible.

18 TDs and 6 INTs Intruder, get real son.

"this teddy bridgewater kid loving sucks, all he does is check down and can't make deep throws

now this brian hoyer on the other hand"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Brian Hoyer has been significantly better than Teddy Bridgewater this year, why is this hard to understand?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Yeah I'll stick with Teddy over Hoyer any day. Teddy is young and has time to develop. Hoyer is trash.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Brannock posted:

Well the next two games are at Philly and against Green Bay... it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Seattle would also have to beat Arizona in Arizona and I doubt you're going to find many Hawks goons here who are optimistic about that.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Long term yes, Bridgewater probably has more potential than Hoyer. However, he's rocking a career 84.2 QB rating and 22 TDs to 20 INTs thus far into his career. That's underwhelming, and probably not what the Vikings expected when they drafted him. David Carr has notably outplayed him, for example.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kirios posted:

Brian Hoyer has been significantly better than Teddy Bridgewater this year, why is this hard to understand?

It's not correct, mainly.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It was pretty cool how in the Bills game Texans receivers scorched their coverage four separate times that would have gone for easy TDs and each time Hoyer hideously underthrew the ball or threw to the wrong side so they were all incompletions

Including two times on the Texans final drive of realistically having a shot when they were down by six and instead went four and out

Clumsy Robot
Feb 17, 2005
Vikes better just start looking to the draft i guess. teddy just turned 23 in november, you know what they say, if you dont have it by your 23rd, you never will.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kirios posted:

Long term yes, Bridgewater probably has more potential than Hoyer. However, he's rocking a career 84.2 QB rating and 22 TDs to 20 INTs thus far into his career. That's underwhelming, and probably not what the Vikings expected when they drafted him. David Carr has notably outplayed him, for example.

Do you know anything about Bridgewater besides his stat sheet and the last play of this game?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

It's possible my opinion of Teddy is high because I watched Ponder for a few years.

Dark days

Clumsy Robot
Feb 17, 2005
you went from hoyer to carr. i will say carr is much better than bridgewater, but he has a pretty good supporting cast on offense as well. AP is good for the team but he really just hamstrings teddy by not wanting to run out of the shotgun, which teddy plays very well out of.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Kirios posted:

Do you even watch Vikings games, know his line situation and noted receiver corps?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Clumsy Robot posted:

Vikes better just start looking to the draft i guess. teddy just turned 23 in november, you know what they say, if you dont have it by your 23rd, you never will.

Tom Brady turned 24 the year he won the Super Bowl.

Bridgewater has one more year else he needs to just find another career imo.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

WHOOPS posted:

Do you know anything about Bridgewater besides his stat sheet and the last play of this game?

He wears gloves which is probably why he fumbles it too much.

(This is a joke.)

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Does anybody have a pic of that Cardinal Darth Vader?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Or the fact that Adrian Peterson doesn't compliment his play in the way you expect an elite RB to do so.

Like their are legit flaws in Teddy's game and a ceiling to what you can expect. He also deserves criticism for that last play and poor performances at different times this year. But he's also showed thro,use you want to see and in a different situation this year, it's not hard to imagine a better stat line out of him.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Dubious posted:

Do you even watch Vikings games, know his line situation and noted receiver corps?

Diggs, Wallace and Rudolph aren't that bad. Mike Wallace is a disappointment of course, but it's better than, say, whatever the gently caress the Eagles are throwing out there.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WHOOPS posted:

Or the fact that Adrian Peterson doesn't compliment his play in the way you expect an elite RB to do so.

He's a grown rear end man he shouldn't need compliments :colbert:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Diggs had no chance in this game, I don't really blame teddy for checking down when your WRs are locked down all the time

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Bridgewater is still young and has potential to improve, especially if his offensive line gets better. I think Hoyer...has shown about as much as he's going to show. I mean, the stats might be similar this year, but are people really talking themselves into Hoyer as a long term solution in Houston?

Clumsy Robot
Feb 17, 2005
Diggs is great, Wallace is bad, and while Rudolph played well tonight, usually has stone hands :/
I don't get the Wallace thing either, Teddys worst throws are deep verticals, which is about all Wallace is good for.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tato posted:

Bridgewater is still young and has potential to improve, especially if his offensive line gets better. I think Hoyer...has shown about as much as he's going to show. I mean, the stats might be similar this year, but are people really talking themselves into Hoyer as a long term solution in Houston?

lol goodness no

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sheesh people I said Hoyer's better this year but I have no faith in him long term.

Bring on Connor Cook as far as I'm concerned.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Paxton Lynch is the new hotness :v:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Kirios posted:

Sheesh people I said Hoyer's better this year but I have no faith in him long term.

Bring on Connor Cook as far as I'm concerned.

Cool, I was hoping the Stockholm Syndrome wasn't that severe for something so crazy. Bridgewater is bad when under pressure, but it would be hard not to be when you can't trust your offensive line to give you more than 2 seconds to find a receiver even with a four man rush.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Rudolph was stuck staying in as an extra blocks for most of the season but they've finally let him get out in routes again because the rest of the WR were struggling.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Stephon Diggs reminds me a lot of DeAndre Hopkins as a rookie.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Tato posted:

Cool, I was hoping the Stockholm Syndrome wasn't that severe for something so crazy. Bridgewater is bad when under pressure, but it would be hard not to be when you can't trust your offensive line to give you more than 2 seconds to find a receiver even with a four man rush.

Under pressure Bridgewater has avoided far more INTs and sacks than most QBs his age. You really don't watch many of his games. His statline is trash, but it's for a good reason. He isn't even close to a Ponder.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Dubious is a firm supporter of QBR. He "gets" it.

Clumsy Robot
Feb 17, 2005
I thought stat wise Bridgewater was one of the best QBs under pressure last season. Hes definitely getting pressured alot more this season, and though he has some boneheaded plays like the last one tonight, overall he makes pretty smart decisions.

Edit: you could make a drinking game out of the number of times commentators mention his "poise" every game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TBH bridgewater is a bad fit for a Norv Turner offense and would be way better in a conventional WCO, and neither the offense or the WRs fit him so the best he can do is manage the game, limit turnovers, and spread the ball to as many receivers as possible (11 players with a reception tonight)

Bridgewater should have thrown the ball away on that last play but it's a playcall set up for disaster, that should have been a FG try regardless of Walsh's stats, you play into a defensive scheme that knows all they have to do is prevent a touchdown and the game is probably over, and that's exactly what happened.

The ideal fit for Bridgewater might be Kansas City, IMO, but Alex Smith plays just efficiently enough there that they probably will continue to stick with him

Wallace would probably be the greatest arena football player of all time

Clumsy Robot
Feb 17, 2005
I guess I'm just just way too homer about Bridgewater because hes far and away the best Vikings QB in nearly a decade, outside of 2009 Favre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Quest For Glory II posted:

a bad fit for a Norv Turner offense

much like.....everyone else

• Locked thread