Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006
I just got the full game, played in Local mode and spent a few hours getting killed by the dodos and think I'm ready to play online.

GT: dinosarus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006
Once you've got the server showing in the session list, I found that it's better if you don't refresh even if it flashes up the "Room Is Full" message, just spam Join until there's a slot available.

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006

Funkmaster General posted:

Because he knows what he's doing, and I needed an active admin for tribe management. No offense, but you don't have a tight enough grasp on the game for me to rely on you for those duties. You and him both have strong personalities. Individually I think you're both awesome but together I can't stand either of you. I'll talk to him when I get back on, but please kiss and make up. I can't stand the bickering.

And when you say someone got in the front door, do you mean the actual door, into the base, or one of the airlocks? And by saying the beds were left alone at east spawn do you imply that they were destroyed at our main base? Because losing some dinosaurs is obnoxious but assaulting the base itself is an act of war.

And I swear to god if Prissypants isn't alive and well those fuckers are getting wiped off the face of the server.

This guy got into the first airlock by ambushing Grim/Hepnotik as he opened the door. Unfortunately CJ/coyo7e was in the first airlock unconscious when it all went down and the same person killed him. Prissypants is fine.

I can verify that we did lose 200+ hide and 15-20metal from the smithy, but I've gamed with coyo7e occasionally in the past and don't think he's that kind of rear end in a top hat. could it possibly be a bug?

Edit: One of the D2M guys (I think) said he saw the guy attacking the dinos, he apparently lured them toward the wall somehow using a slingshot and got their tails to clip through the wall/spikes, which he then attacked to kill them. Trike the lvl 65 Triceratops is fine though.

DINOSARUS fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 19, 2015

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006
Found a guy unconsious, but he'd been looted. As I was writing a message to his clan to let him know he was going to be dragged to safety, my loving raptor ate him. :doh:

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006
The game crashed and I've been trying to get back on 65 for an hour. I hope they get their poo poo together and set up a queueing system for these servers soon.

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006

coyo7e posted:

Cera the triceratops is pretty low level but can collect a few hundred berries in a few minutes, feel free to take her out. Making narcos is super useful and gives 2.0 exp each, so bringing 4300 narcoberries back in a few minutes can really level you quickly, and we can never have enough narcotics and tranq arrows.

Stego's are way better for berries, they tail whip a large area and you can take down a dozen bushes at a time

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006

Guys have am in line at the theater for Star wars and I poo poo you not there are three 7 year olds or so standing here talking about Ark and one of them said a tribe called DRS killed them because they had no mic. I could not possibly make this up. Trying real hard not to laugh out loud right now.

put this in the OP!

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006
Our base just got attacked by a Giganotosaurus, it could quite easily have wiped out our HQ if it weren't for the heroic, suicidal and in any other situation downright stupid actions of our leader Funkmaster General. It killed 3 of our plant x defenses as well as 3 of our prized dinosaurs including our Stegosaurus "A Big Dumb Jerk" before Funkmaster General lured it out into the ocean where it drowned.

Edit: and now I can't stop falling off cliffs and dying.

DINOSARUS fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Dec 27, 2015

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006
Myself and Cykko just got back from a metal run and a very wild and very dead brontosaurus was in the middle of our base. Bad news is our impenetrable base is penetrable by NPC dinos spawning in until we finish construction, but good news is our weapon systems might actually work, to celebrate this discovery, MEAT FOR EVERYONE!

In other news, GodspeedSphere/monkey has built a floating pirate fortress security ship and keeps venturing out to raid some of our select neighbours keep the waters safe, which sounds like a lot of fun so far.

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006
^^^^ This is awesome. There needs to be a song for our Quetzankylo dropship though.

GodspeedSphere posted:

Pirating the seas is some of the most fun I've had.

Tonight it was me and Godspeed doing the pirating; we raided a couple of shacks on the south coast under the cover of daylight. The second shack we hit was the motherload, it belonged to a kid who's been spamming the chatbox for the past couple of days and generally annoying everyone, we took all his possessions and then I dragged his body out to the boat and forced his still sleeping body to walk the plank. He's quite literally sleeping with the fishes tonight.

Tomorrow I think we'll attack one of the more fortified bases we found, bigger balls means bigger loot, right?

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006
All hell has broken loose; someone's attacked us and trashed part of the stone lighthouse/nav beacon at the top of our base. Me and Cykko were out mining metal and returned to find our poo poo wrecked, luckily it was the weakest part for a reason and we didn't have any significant losses. We quickly scouted down the coast to see if we could see our attackers, but before we found any suspects we saw our allies in Agony who were heading up to the snow biome to club penguins getting attacked by a spino which we nuked. It turned out the spino belonged to a neighbouring faction, so that cut that search short, I may have also killed one of our friends mounts in a blue on blue incident. Thankfully we pretty rapidly got our diplomacy on and have hopefully averted any crisis.

:siren: We need to to figure out what the gently caress just happened before taking any action, so the main thing is carry on as normal :siren: but we've realised we need to farm a shitton of metal for defenses/guns/ammo and a whole bunch of stone, flint and charcoal make a fuckton of sparkpowder and therefore gunpowder, we probably won't need weapons but they might also come in handy.

Bad Moon posted:

I bought this game, took an hour trying to log in. No joy. Gonna go watch twitch streams and feel sad :smith:

It took us all a long time to get online tonight and the servers weren't particularly stable either for some reason. Add mine and Funkmaster's GT's so one of us can initiate you into the tribe once you're on, our GT's are dinosarus and shiny pidgey

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

I loved playing with you guys the couple of times I've been able to get on, but its just so time consuming and rubbish having the spam the server to try and enter. I don't know how any of you have the patience to get on everyday.

It all depends what time you get on really, although now people are back at work/school it seems to be getting easier.

There's been a lot of tension between groups on the server the past couple of days, some guy called nulight or something infiltrated a fairly powerful group and basically levelled their whole infrastructure while they were offline, he was captured but escaped while being transported to a holding cell (you can literally hold people prisoner in this game and keep them sedated to render the game unplayable to them); I'd just love to draw his attention towards us and see how long it takes for him to go crazy or how many :10bux: he spends trying to join the forums.

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006

The steam forums for this game rule.

Sounds like someone got cosby'd and locked in a metal box.

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006

Cubey posted:

Your target should be that annoying kid that keeps making GBS threads up chat constantly. It'd prolly get us in good with the other tribes if you made that shithead ragequit the server.

It's good that you mention this, I spotted him sailing a raft just off the coast of our base. He might have been scoping out our base, he might not have been, anyway I started tracking him heading south until he took a shot at me with a crossbow. I returned to his last seen location to find his raft but no sight of him, so went, grabbed monkey's boat, turned the turrets up and parked it just off his raft, so that's cut his transport options, regardless he might be around our neighborhood.

I propose that we concentrate our efforts on tracking this guy down, he probably isn't a threat to us, but he's got enemies and honestly the hunt will be fun.

:siren: GodspeedSphere :siren: don't move your boat!

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006

Laserface posted:

We are on server 66 and people keep loving up our base for no reason.

This game is becoming less fun.

Come to 65, everyone is afraid of us to the point that someone is trying and failing to organise a rebellion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Depends really. I'd be more curious what they were up to, but it's perfectly valid to kill first and ask questions later, which is why I didn't complain if I got ganked.

Don't worry I won't be doing that anymore. I really did not anticipate just how angry people would get over that. I dont really care what happens to my caveman but I don't want to turn anyone's ire against the tribe.

I think from now on I'm speccing for speed/stamina. once we can use characters in other servers I might take up exploring. just how pissed off they were was hilarious

I've not been online for a couple of days because of work, but this sounds like a lot of fun. Is anyone really going to do anything to us if I start picking you up with my Argentavis and letting you parachute into everyones bases?

• Locked thread