Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I love living on the east coast because there's way less of these clowns here

rednecks and racists I can live with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Also I'm pretty sure a couple serial killers have been made because their parents raised them as the opposite sex to see what happens, so pro-tip, don't do that folks

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

HoAssHo posted:

People do that all the time all over this website: "why are you all frothing at the mouth with rage at ____________???" and it's like, we're not, dude - we're just talkin'. Just chatting.

yeah I basically go to SA so I can see freakshows more or less

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think the point - certainly my point - is I honestly do not give a gently caress who you bang, how you bang, etc. if you aren't doing anything terrible. Period. I just do not give a poo poo, and society as a whole should be encouraged to give less of a poo poo. If they want to campaign for something useful it'd be to, surprise, start REMOVING labels so that people can be into whatever without being put into a specific group with all the terrible group behavior that comes along with it.

This push to make 500 new loving terms to accommodate the endless kinks found on the internet is stupid as hell and frankly the people really pushing for it, more or less, just want to feel like - to use a phrase - "Special Snowflakes."

Look at the OP. If that whole loving thing had read "Out of work musician and long time partner seek a place to stay with our child," nobody'd be here making fun of that poo poo. People are making fun of that poo poo because of all the ridiculous "offend no one" language it ends up being just loving ridiculous. They have wrapped themselves so deeply in this bullshit, in fact, that it has become their entire identity. That's a recurring theme I'm noticing. I don't feel the need to preface "I am an <insert job here>," with a declaration of being a straight white dude with a list of poo poo I'm into. It's just ridiculous.

It's stupid poo poo that's setting their own movement back horrendously, and believe me, there is a coming backlash. People put up with it for a while, and now it's going to come back ten fold. The problem is instead of "Don't be dicks to people regardless of what they're into" politics it's become "Accept everything and you better adhere to and learn our huge list of internet bullshit or you're a bigoted monster!!"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, more labels does not help. Labeling yourself makes you an easy target, always has, always will. Making ridiculously goofy labels and supporting the total loving nuts on the internet who think they are a dragons who like to gently caress buildings as part of the package deal... that's some old bullshit and that's where we're at. Every bit of progress their movement has made has been shot, repeatedly, in the foot until the gun went click by these people who drank way, way too much of the Kool-Aid. To the point instead of real change, people will look back at this in ten years as a defining goofy bit from our decade.

Long story short, there was a chance to change things and then they went and hosed it up.

yeah basically this, quoting for truth

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

People can gently caress whoever they want to gently caress and believe whatever, I don't care.

The thing is gender dysphoria is an actual mental illness. You have the chromosomes you are born with and you can't change them. Intersex people do actually exist but they're pretty rare.

I think the thing that puts people off is you have folks like Bruce Jenner who is obviously physically male and believes himself a woman and insists that you join in on the delusion. It's like if a crazy person believes they're a dragon but get mad that you don't think they're actually a dragon. It's basically like someone trying to tell you that 2 + 2 = 5 and you're an evil bigot if you don't agree.

max4me posted:

I dont really get along well with Feminists or SJW in general, I 've noticed they are very combative. I can agree with 9/10 things they say but if I dissent or raise a point of view not allowed for in their world view they turn on you soo loving hard.

I've basically realized that people who are really hardcore into political activism or slacktivism or whatever tend to be assholes regardless of what ideology they subscribe to. Everyone is poo poo.

And I say this as someone who is p fuckin' liberal and agrees with 95% of what Bernie Sanders has to say but some think I'm some kind of right-wing Republican\Libertarian\Nazi\whatever and fuckin' lol

Also fedora-wearing neckbeards and crazy SJW tumblrinas actually do exist and I've ran into them in the wild. Both are as terrible as you'd think in person. This is what I get for living in a college town with a lot of nerds.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

mr.capps posted:

you are the worst

okay

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

mr.capps posted:

if everyone is a poo poo like you say, those who hold themselves above it all are nothing more than the kings of poo poo mountain

poo poo man, I'm not pretending like I'm not poo poo either

poo poo

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

A misanthrope posted:

if i see one more thread whining about skeletons im going to flip the gently caress out

you're in trouble I guess, because that's all GBS posters seem to want to talk about these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

loquacius posted:

Making fun of them was "in style" like 3 or 4 years ago (I posted in the original Reddit mock thread which spawned the Redditbomb, those were fun times), and the Internet is basically in agreement that they're the worst now

Twitter/Tumblr activists currently have the most relevance and the least self-awareness out of terrible people on the Internet; hence making fun of them is now in style here

Eventually GBS will get bored of making fun of them too and move on to whatever the new Internet idiot wave is

e: there is the /pol/ thread going on right now which is good for a :stare: or two

Yeah basically this. Most everyone is basically in agreement that MRAs\red pills\PUAs\libertarians\etc are retarded turds and they're old hat at this point. A couple years back they were all GBS talked about before it moved to slacktivists and tumblr nutballs were getting today. Before that it was real doll fuckers and before that, furries. It doesn't make them any less stupid or lovely people, we all just got bored of them.

• Locked thread