Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hey there, this thread is a memorial for Wolff. My husband and I adopted her and her sister Charlie three years ago from a rescue group. At the time we were grieving the loss of his best friend, and having kittens around seemed like a good idea even with our two lazy adult cats (it was.) Wolff was always way too smart-- she could open anything, get into anything, and it was always damned cute when she popped out of a cabinet when I was looking for a pan or something. Every morning when my husband left for work, she and Charlie would snuggle up with me under the covers and purr until I fell back to sleep. If I was sad she'd be there to paw at my hand or sit in my lap and be hugged. She managed to be patient riding in a car for days when we moved across the country. She was just a really loving awesome cat.

This morning Wolff fell from a shelf and we think she broke her neck/back. It was an awful few minutes until she died. Her sister is walking around and checking Wolff's hiding spots, in boxes and cabinets and stuff. I am so loving heartbroken right now and I can't stand that her last few moments were so scary and painful for her.

Here are some pictures of her being cute as gently caress. I'm going to miss her very, very badly.

I'd love to see some pictures of your happy, loved kitties. Thank you.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm so sorry for your loss, Scat. :( She sounds like she was a wonderful cat, and gorgeous to boot.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm sorry dude.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Thanks guys. Man, never thought losing a little cat would hurt so bad and I really didn't expect to lose her at 3. She's the best companion I could've asked for.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats awful! I'm so sorry. She looked like a great little cat.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

She was awesome as hell. I don't think I'll find another cat as smart or sassy.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

poo poo, I'm so sorry. :( Accidents like that are the worst and it bites to lose an animal that young. It always seems to happen to your favorite cool pet, too. At least you were there with her at the end and she didn't have to be alone.

Wolff looks nearly identical to a cat I had years ago except for the black snippet on her nose. My cat, Pat, was gray and white and looked just like her, right down to the white hairs in her ears. :) Your pictures really took me back, Wolff was lovely.

GoatShaver
Nov 12, 2010
I'm so sorry man. Wishing you all the best.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Yeah I'm glad my husband and I were there at least, I hate to think of her scared and alone for that :( We got her cremated, finally got the ashes back the other day. My mom is a potter so she's making an urn.

I think I'm going to have to get another friend for her sister eventually, Charlie is in my lap all day and seems pretty lonely. And there is always a shelter cat that needs a good home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
you have my condolences, losing a furry friend always leaves a hole in your life

• Locked thread