Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
Merry Christmas! Everyone roll a save vs fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Shadin posted:

Save failed. Merry Christmas!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shadin posted:

I failed that check long ago and still never recovered, fuckin save or dies.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I'm pretty sure I see a knockoff copy of Quelf in that game store. Poor bastards, they can't even escape that poo poo in Japan. :barf:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
King of Tokyo is pretty legit, though.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
:catstare:

January tg challenge.

Make an RPG about Sea Patrol

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3757384

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
This Christmas I got a physical copy of the FATE Accelerated rules for me to flip through as a stocking-suffer and I'm going to do a pdf trade with a friend for Double Cross the minute she finally decides if she wants Cold City/Hot War or Technoir

I also got myself a physical copy of Tenra Bansho Zero for all of my anime needs so it's been a good holiday

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Nuns with Guns posted:

This Christmas I got a physical copy of the FATE Accelerated rules for me to flip through as a stocking-suffer and I'm going to do a pdf trade with a friend for Double Cross the minute she finally decides if she wants Cold City/Hot War or Technoir

I also got myself a physical copy of Tenra Bansho Zero for all of my anime needs so it's been a good holiday

This might go without saying, but read all the rules for GMing and creating/running scenarios. TBZ lives and dies by how the GM sets things up, IMO. It's very different from most trpgs in how this goes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Happy new year you goddamn nerds!

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
It's 2016! Everyone should be clear on what we're doing to further our nefarious goon agenda. May the Father of Understanding guide us as we bring order to this hobby.

Wait, no, that's the bad guys from Assassin's Creed. Our agenda is still just anime and storygames, right?

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Captain Walker posted:

Our agenda is still just anime and storygames, right?

Well, also high-mindedly stating that one can be a fan of problematic media while simultaneously projecting the worst attributes we can on the people who dare to enjoy that media.

But hey, anime and storygames too!!!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Captain Walker posted:

It's 2016! Everyone should be clear on what we're doing to further our nefarious goon agenda. May the Father of Understanding guide us as we bring order to this hobby.

Wait, no, that's the bad guys from Assassin's Creed. Our agenda is still just anime and storygames, right?

Dammit, I was working on the assumption that Years long grognard LP's and doing horrible things to the Star Wars universe were the master plan!

Why did no one send me the memo!?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Bedlamdan posted:

Well, also high-mindedly stating that one can be a fan of problematic media while simultaneously projecting the worst attributes we can on the people who dare to enjoy that media.

But hey, anime and storygames too!!!

To be clear, my post was a joke. There is no goon agenda because that would mean goons agreeing on something. Did I miss something? It's New Years and I'm tired, I'd like to make sure no one was actually offended by comparing us to Templars.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

Captain Walker posted:

There is no goon agenda

I'm reasonably sure the SA Global Agenda corporation is still active.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Captain Walker posted:

To be clear, my post was a joke. There is no goon agenda because that would mean goons agreeing on something. Did I miss something? It's New Years and I'm tired, I'd like to make sure no one was actually offended by comparing us to Templars.

?

No, you're worrying way too much, I'm not offended and I just wanted to bitch about things.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Bedlamdan posted:

?

No, you're worrying way too much, I'm not offended and I just wanted to bitch about things.

Oh, ok. Don't let me keep you from bitching, then :)

Fake e: has Plutonis been permabanned yet? Haven't seen him around lately, not that I mind terribly.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Walker posted:

Oh, ok. Don't let me keep you from bitching, then :)

Fake e: has Plutonis been permabanned yet? Haven't seen him around lately, not that I mind terribly.

If you have something against me tell me to my face bitch.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Holy Christ this thread is loving trash.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The gently caress is wrong with Trad Games.

Covok
May 27, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

The gently caress is wrong with Trad Games.

We are a group of adults who still consume media marketed towards children?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Covok posted:

We are a group of adults who still consume media marketed towards children?

I have never seen it marketed to anybody, let alone children.

Covok
May 27, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

I have never seen it marketed to anybody, let alone children.

Fair point. Let me revise: We are a group of adults who still consume media thought to be in the realm of children?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Covok posted:

Fair point. Let me revise: We are a group of adults who still consume media thought to be in the realm of children?
I've never met a person who cared if something was or was not "in the realm of children" and was not also a joyless sack of poo poo, so I would say that our choice of hobby has somewhere between zero and fuckall to do with what kind of people we are.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I was just trying to make a joke from the get go. Didn't mean to offend.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yawgmoth posted:

I've never met a person who cared if something was or was not "in the realm of children" and was not also a joyless sack of poo poo, so I would say that our choice of hobby has somewhere between zero and fuckall to do with what kind of people we are.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Are there any good articles about the state of the TG industry, especially in the wake of the Asmodee stuff? I'd be interested in seeing some in-depth coverage on how we are just waiting for the middleman resellers ( CoolStuffInc/Miniature Market/etc. ) to finish gutting their piece of the pie and how a major stumble from M:tG is all that it's gonna take for the industry to devour itself whole.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
What is the Asmodee stuff.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Helical Nightmares posted:

What is the Asmodee stuff.

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/33370/icv2-interview-asmodee-north-america-ceo-christian-petersen-part-1

Asmodee is pulling a re-org on their distro chain to cut out online-only retailers since they are pretty much poison to the industry.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

After actually reading that article, it appears that they aren't cutting anyone out. They're just charging online stores more so that your FLGS didn't lose business due to Amazon selling a board game at a 20% discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Zurui posted:

After actually reading that article, it appears that they aren't cutting anyone out. They're just charging online stores more so that your FLGS didn't lose business due to Amazon selling a board game at a 20% discount.

Yeah, their position sounds pretty reasonable, actually. Brick and mortar gets a bigger discount for providing more services to the hobby than online retailers. I was ready with my torch and pitchfork but now I'm just not feeling the lynch.

• Locked thread