Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Covok posted:

What would be another interesting Christmas themed TG game? I can see a Golden Sky Stories game being pretty appropriate for the holiday.

Krampus, with Dread.

e: Die Hard, Home Alone, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman Returns...

Each with a genre appropriate system, of course

fosborb fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Dec 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

paradoxGentleman posted:

Oh hey, so we do have a chat thread this month! I thought that after FAU closed the other one we would have to do without.
The GM for a game I'm into won't be able to come. What would you recommend that requires little to no prep time? I tried Microscope last time this happened and got a lukewarm reception.

What's the genre of your usual game?

In these situations, our group tends to do rules light, genre heavy one shots that are completely different from our main game.

So if we're killing goblins with magic, it's time for something like Lasers and Feelings.

Death School is always a good standby too, unless for some strange reason your group is tired of RPing 80s action movies.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Helical Nightmares posted:

Home Alone/Skyfall in GURPS? :shrug:

What system best models base defense/damage from random junk.

I could see some Fate/FAE thing where you're throwing traps and damage as tags on parts of the base/house...

I'm not sure about "modeling" it. At that point it sounds like a boardgame would probably do better.

Might be interesting to do something in between like set up the house cooperatively using Betrayal's room tiles, then use post-its to track tags, etc.

• Locked thread