Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Gandalf would be impossible to stat up without a custom celestial template indicating his divine status, god this is like baby-level LOTR rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Covok asked a question in the FATAL thread a few weeks ago that was pretty interesting so I thought I'd ask it in here too: do you read all your tabletop rpg books in full? If so, do you read it in the order that's presented in the books or do you jump around? If not, what do you tend to read first. If you only read a bit of a book what do you tend to read?

I usually end up reading the books in full since I'm typically the one GMing them. I try to read the rules bits first, but if that gets too dry I realized I'll jump around in the character generation or fluff chapters to stay interested.

Branching off that, what would you say is the ideal order a game should present itself in the rulebook? Setting first? Rules first? Character generation first?

Since I jump into the rules it's nice to have them upfront with character generation folded into them, but I think a bit of an overview of the setting helps hook me in at the start, too.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
This Christmas I got a physical copy of the FATE Accelerated rules for me to flip through as a stocking-suffer and I'm going to do a pdf trade with a friend for Double Cross the minute she finally decides if she wants Cold City/Hot War or Technoir

I also got myself a physical copy of Tenra Bansho Zero for all of my anime needs so it's been a good holiday

• Locked thread