Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, I wouldn't rate a Heisman winner as "dogshit in college." What the hell did Hack ever accomplish, other than being tall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You asked the last most predictable qb bust no other qualifiers :colbert:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

You asked the last most predictable qb bust no other qualifiers :colbert:

Still don't think that's true, or at least the fashion in which he busted. Sure we knew he liked to party. We had no idea what a complete and utter addict he is.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jake Locker

Except he was also a top 10 pick :lol:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Benne posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't rate a Heisman winner as "dogshit in college." What the hell did Hack ever accomplish, other than being tall?

He survived being murdered a lot.

That has to count for something.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Intruder posted:

Jake Locker

Except he was also a top 10 pick :lol:

He was a mediocre to bad starter who then died. I mean, for that draft position it's bad, but I'm not sure it's Hack bad. Maybe it is and I'm just biased.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Locker is a good parallel except Hack seems even worse. Put another way, a career 79.0 passer rating looks wildly optimistic for Hack right now, and that's where Locker ended up.

Both guys had eerily similar (bad) college stats:

code:
Passing
Year	School		Conf	Class	Pos	G	Cmp	Att	Pct	Yds	Y/A	AY/A	TD	Int	Rate
2013	Penn State	Big Ten	FR	QB	12	231	392	58.9	2955	7.5	7.4	20	10	134.0
*2014	Penn State	Big Ten	SO	QB	13	270	484	55.8	2977	6.2	5.3	12	15	109.4
*2015	Penn State	Big Ten	JR	QB	13	192	359	53.5	2525	7.0	7.2	16	6	123.9
Career	Penn State					693	1235	56.1	8457	6.8	6.5	48	31	121.4
code:
Passing
Year	School		Conf	Class	Pos	G	Cmp	Att	Pct	Yds	Y/A	AY/A	TD	Int	Rate
2007	Washington	Pac-10	FR	QB	12	155	328	47.3	2062	6.3	5.1	14	15	105.0
2008	Washington	Pac-10	SO	QB	4	50	93	53.8	512	5.5	5.7	1	0	103.6
2009	Washington	Pac-10	JR	QB	12	230	394	58.4	2800	7.1	6.9	21	11	130.1
*2010	Washington	Pac-10	SR	QB	12	184	332	55.4	2265	6.8	6.6	17	9	124.2
Career	Washington					619	1147	54.0	7639	6.7	6.2	53	35	119.1
Low completion % + low Y/A = garbage generally.

e: College rating is totally different from NFL passer rating by the way.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Cruel and Unusual posted:

At least Manziel had success in college.

And got drafted in the first.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
i was first on board the hackenberg sucks bandwagon and it gets funnier each time i'm proven right, especially now that he isn't actively loving over my favorite team

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
TFF: Preseason doesn't matter

*QB has one bad preseason game*

TFF: DRAFT BUST!!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This isn't the Goff thread though :v:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

His entire preseason has been garbage and his college career was trash too. It's not just one thing, even though 1.7 YPA is almost impossibly awful.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

sean10mm posted:

His entire preseason has been garbage and his college career was trash too. It's not just one thing, even though 1.7 YPA is almost impossibly awful.

hey everybody has a bad game let him out there under the big lights when it counts

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hey everybody has a bad game let him out there under the big lights when it counts

I want to see this too, because I want to see if there is a circle of QB hell below "butt fumble." :butt:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sean10mm posted:

I want to see this too, because I want to see if there is a circle of QB hell below "butt fumble." :butt:

Someone save this quote for when Pats fans are begging for Hack on their team

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was on the Jake Locker hype train despite watching all 4 years of him at UW. Then again, I always want my local talent to succeed. I saw him as a 2nd-3rd round guy that maybe the Seahawks could grab. Instead, he got grabbed, and Andy Dalton & Colin Kaepernick went in the 2nd round.

That play isn't really Hack's fault. Left guard missed his mark, RB did too, and the DE made a fantastic play too.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Someone save this quote for when Pats fans are begging for Hack on their team

Après Brady le déluge is kind of a given.

I for one am hoping that it's at least a spectacular catastrophe.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Gentle reminder that Bill O'Brien was a loving wizard.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

seiferguy posted:

That play isn't really Hack's fault. Left guard missed his mark, RB did too, and the DE made a fantastic play too.

And Hack's footwork still reduced a 10 yard sack to a 5 yarder

Great composure under pressure

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Komet posted:

Gentle reminder that Bill O'Brien was a loving wizard.

Bill O'Brien took all the chaos and failings of the post-Paterno Lions and purged them from the team and put them all into Sam Ficken

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's funny how Mel switched team allegiance over a QB who was a million times better than the one he's currently defending

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah I would take Tebow over Hackenberg zero doubt

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Intruder posted:

It's funny how Mel switched team allegiance over a QB who was a million times better than the one he's currently defending

Sometimes the quality of a person is more important than their talent.

It's why I root for Ben Roethlisberger

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

seiferguy posted:

okay

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

A remarkably accurate pass with a beautiful spiral imho

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

A remarkably accurate pass with a beautiful spiral imho

It DID go exactly where he threw it so

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Grittybeard posted:

Still don't think that's true, or at least the fashion in which he busted. Sure we knew he liked to party. We had no idea what a complete and utter addict he is.

He's poo poo at QBing in the NFL.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

He's poo poo at QBing in the NFL.

Perhaps (probably, almost certainly), he didn't last long enough to actually prove that though.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Grittybeard posted:

Perhaps (probably, almost certainly), he didn't last long enough to actually prove that though.

if the last two years are anything to go by, jff was never going to have the work ethic and discipline to succeed

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe if he took the game more seriously like one Justin James Watt

Not gonna find any wins spread into lines on a mirror, JFF. Well not outside the 80s and early 90s anyway

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 3, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Poonerman posted:

if the last two years are anything to go by, jff was never going to have the work ethic and discipline to succeed

Well yeah, that's my point though. He didn't fail due to his probably not actually having the ability to be an NFL quarterback, he failed because he gave absolutely no shits about anything except about where he was going to partying that night.

e: I guess you could say that was predictable but I don't think anyone thought it was this bad.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 3, 2016

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Benne posted:

I love that Christian Hackenberg was dogshit in college, everybody with half a brain knew he would be dogshit in the pros, some dumbass team wasted a second-round pick on him and he was, in fact, dogshit in the pros.

Who's the last QB to be this predictable of a draft flop? Jimmy Clausen?

Brandon Weeden.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Grittybeard posted:

Spoken like you never actually watched any of his games. He was poo poo, period.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

Spoken like you never actually watched any of his games. He was poo poo, period.

Steve Young sucked rear end in Tampa Bay. Saying he couldn't physically play the position is (again) probably right, but not proven.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Steve Young sucked rear end in Tampa Bay. Saying he couldn't physically play the position is (again) probably right, but not proven.

lolwut

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

is this about steve young? he did suck in tampa.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

He was really bad

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Ross Angeles posted:

He was really bad

Yes, I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

Yes, I know

You appear not to.

• Locked thread