Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Jsor posted:

Okay, so I fear my ambition has exceeded my grasp with my plans for the new unit card and a little fun thing I want to do with mission 2 of the Night Elf campaign (it may end up in episode 1). I'm still determined to finish it, however.

To fill in the gap while I get this ready would you guys prefer:

1. Another stream, probably on Sunday at some sane hour PT
2. A bonus episode on a custom map or two that still works on the most recent patch (possibly one of the official Blizzard ones).

Stream would probably be easier, but custom maps are fun too....
I'm fine with whatever your choice is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
Warchasers when

Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

Warchasers when

Warchasers multiplayer when

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Icetongue posted:

Warchasers multiplayer when

Yeah, this is what i meant.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Cannot get people to join. Warchaser (and maybe other customs) Saturday at 3PDT, time negotiable. US West Server, we can maybe coordinate in a chatroom.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Oct 12, 2016

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Bonus episode definitely.

But don't stress yourself, we can wait.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Jsor posted:

Cannot get people to join. Warchaser (and maybe other customs) Saturday at 3PDT, time negotiable. US West Server, we can maybe coordinate in a chatroom.

Pardon, but what is Warchaser? A Warcraft III mod?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Teledahn posted:

It's one of Blizzard's official custom maps, yes.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Teledahn posted:

Its a map blizzard made to show off the editor. Its a 4 player dungeon crawl vaguely similar to diablo

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

FoolyCharged posted:

Its a map blizzard made to show off the editor. Its a 4 player dungeon crawl vaguely similar to diablo

Wait, is the one with a super annoying section playing as steam tanks?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

Wait, is the one with a super annoying section playing as steam tanks?

yuuuup

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Oh.

Uhm... drat. Guess I'll have to get up.

Or not! You can get your legacy game keys straight from Battle.net.

Hooray for laziness?

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
Guess what got remade as a DOTA 2 mod.

(It's Warchasers)

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Unfortunately I have to postpone by an hour or two because my car broke. I'll keep you posted.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

I can't seem to connect to battle.net. The servers for this are certainly still running? I'm just an idiot and have to open my ports or something.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Teledahn posted:

I can't seem to connect to battle.net. The servers for this are certainly still running? I'm just an idiot and have to open my ports or something.

Yeah, I just connected.

Anyway, we need 4 for warchasers, so I'll take roll in the thread right now (they JUST got done working on my car). If we don't get 4 soon-ish, I guess we'll have to postpone.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'd volunteer but I'll be raiding for an hour and a half. If you still want someone after that, I'll volunteer.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I give up, and am incompetent at animation. I'm going to just make this unit card like the rest. Shame, I really wanted to animate vines that grow into the card. :(

YES THAT IS WHAT WAS TAKING SO LONG.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Jsor posted:

YES THAT IS WHAT WAS TAKING SO LONG.

If it makes you feel better, the unit cards and things you add in always look real well done. The effort you put in shows.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

FoolyCharged posted:

If it makes you feel better, the unit cards and things you add in always look real well done. The effort you put in shows.

they have looked like they were a legit part of the game imo
the vine thing sounds like it would have been cool but it can be hard to manage that effort to reward ratio, i know

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

FoolyCharged posted:

Agreed, they look amazing. But even if we don't get awesome growing vines in the cards, the episodes will still be good.

Just take your time, Jsor. We will enjoy your videos anyway :)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I feel like that is one of the first times I have seen the reason for a delay be because you were too busy making it perfect :v:

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good, as they say Jsor

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

It's not like you're on a deadline or anything. Take as much time as you want and learn some new video editing skills.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Aces High posted:

I feel like that is one of the first times I have seen the reason for a delay be because you were too busy making it perfect :v:

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good, as they say Jsor

Well, also for a while my Surface Book I was drawing on broke, and also I had my PhD quals. But yeah, it was mostly being pants at 2D animation.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Jsor posted:

Well, also for a while my Surface Book I was drawing on broke, and also I had my PhD quals. But yeah, it was mostly being pants at 2D animation.

Since you ain't sad, congrats on passing your quals!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Is this still going? I don't want the thread to get archived :v:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

is archiving even a thing any more? I thought it got turned off after it broke and starting eating threads

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

AriadneThread posted:

is archiving even a thing any more? I thought it got turned off after it broke and starting eating threads

It's definitely still going, or rather, going again. I don't know what the cutoff is, though.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I have a few episodes recorded and edited just building a backlog.

Also, been transitioning.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Cythereal posted:

He did. Then he died because how dare you go against Thrall's vision. The current expansion has the elements unhappy with Thrall, though, because he used magic to cheat in what was supposed to be an honorable contest of pure strength and skill mano a mano. It's why the Doomhammer is currently in the hands of the PCs in WoW.

One where Garrosh was smashing his face in. :allears:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's at this point that I wish I had saved the looping gif of Garrosh pummeling Thrall that has been posted several times in the WoW subforum.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

It's at this point that I wish I had saved the looping gif of Garrosh pummeling Thrall that has been posted several times in the WoW subforum.

Ask and you shall receive.
I'm glad you made me want to google this.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That's oddly enjoyable somehow.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Poil posted:

That's oddly enjoyable somehow.

Once upon a time, I would have disagreed as I rather liked Thrall....

Nowadays, I can't help but feel that Metzen screwed the pooch a bit.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

FoolyCharged posted:

Ask and you shall receive.
I'm glad you made me want to google this.

There was a version that looped seamlessly but this is still beautiful.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

mauman posted:

Once upon a time, I would have disagreed as I rather liked Thrall....

Nowadays, I can't help but feel that Metzen screwed the pooch a bit.

I liked him in WC3, even though he was just a reskinned Raynor.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

He was fine in wc3. Just a dude that wants his people to stop being warmongering dicks and the rest of the world to stop trying to kill/enslave them.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Basically, in Warcraft 3, he was a Warchief who happened to be a Shaman.

Then in Cataclysm, he turned into a Shaman who happened to be the former Warchief.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
To keep the thread going: really appreciate the work you do decorating the videos. It does not go unnoticed.

I really like that, in comparison to say WC2, "kill 'em all" is much less of an objective and more something you're just going to wind up doing since nobody wants to get out of your way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bishopvi
Nov 12, 2003

And then he gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me.
I have really enjoyed the nostalgic joy ride through one of my favorite games. Cat-drug lore aside there is just something special about this game that is different compared to everything else out there (at least at the time).

I hope you are doing well jsor and the videos are coming soon (not to mention the transitioning part is done).

Basically keep it up and I look forward for more!

• Locked thread