Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Panthers are for real. Cam Newton has magic swag and is a future hall of famer. This thread supersedes the previous undefeated watch thread. Put that champagne away Mercury Morris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the Pantherds will win the whole "deal"

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Panthers and Cardinals are very excellent teams and will play each other in the championship game. The Panthers will win and defeat the AFC opponent in the fiftieth Super Bowl at Levi's Stadium.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Carolina: Good team or Goodest team??

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

At one point people thought the Bengals were the answer. But I saw a pic of Dalton in a kayak and he couldn't push off on his own. He'd be a liability in the wild and no true leader of men.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Don Shula is actively rooting for the Panthers to go undefeated

his son is the OC

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

they very much are

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

This thread just jinxed it. Way to go.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

*stranded in the woods*
Andy Dalton: I was an NFL quarterback. I should be in charge.
Me: This is a prime time moment. You do what you are loving told.
Andy: Yes sir.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Cam for MVP, Luke for DPOY, Panthers for coolest team of all time.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Cam's secret was coming to Australia and training with an Aussie Rules club for a week.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Cam owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql8H-33u-j0

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That video is loving hilarious, I love Cam Newton. Prepare for him to be crucified for being too cocky.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i wish i could be as happy about anything as cam is about, like, tying his own shoes, much less piloting a team to an undefeated season

so loving good

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I just want to say, that the Panthers vs Saints match is some of the best loving american football ive ever seen

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
This team has a tremendous work ethic and coaching staff. Almost every player gets better every week. I've made this post probably 10 times but it so drat impressive. I'm not sure if anyone on the team regressed this year (excluding injuries). The players just get better every week from top to bottom. This team is so much better than week 1 at close to every position.

A great example is Funchess. He was awful the first few weeks and he is not a negative player anymore. Between him and Ginn Ricky Proehl might be the best wide receiver coach in the league. And of course there is another season of taking a secondary player two steps short of out of the league and turning them into a pro bowler. Kurt Coleman, not good enough for the Eagles, Vikings, and Chiefs with an interception in his 5th straight game today. Incredible. From unemployed to pro bowler, an annual Panthers tradition.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

It's becoming increasingly difficult to hate Cam.

:smith:

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
I know the Falcons are bad now, but I was really impressed with how the Carolina backups played when they had to come in. Cam had to sit out a play, Anderson comes in and throws for a first down. Olsen went out, Dickson catches a touchdown. I didn't even know who Scott Simonson was until he came in and got a catch. I hope the starters stay healthy all the way, but the Panthers aren't completely hosed if backups have to come in.

drat shame Benwikere is done for the year. :smith:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14360838/cornerback-bene-benwikere-carolina-panthers-suffers-broken-leg-38-0-win-atlanta-falcons

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Eventually Carolina, like all teams, will be exposed as frauds.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bene is a good role player its a shame he's out, he's not the best corner in the league and has a bit of a habit of giving up a big play but he could run with guys and was decent in run support. I suppose the one silver lining is that Tillman should be back soon and Finnegan has played well even though he was out of the league for 11 weeks in the last two games.

With Tillman and Finnegan in the line up the back end should be OK, it won't be as strong as it would've been, obviously but definitely strong enough.

I gotta wonder how the Panthers want to go moving forward, at the end of the day there's nothing left to play for other than 16-0 but is it worth risking injuries? My guess would be the teams going to be quick to pull guys, Rivera said pregame that he's been apart of some undefeated runs before in his time and when guys have been rested they've been rusty when they come back for an important game.

I'd wager they'll have a game plan for new york, atlanta and tampa similar to what they did today. Big shots down field early hoping to crack a couple of big ones and then rest the guys shortly after the half. At least in the next two weeks they're not exactly facing defensive juggernauts so it'll be possible to do that. I'd like to go 16-0 but gently caress I was nervous at one point there was Olsen, Stewart and Luke all being assessed on the sideline.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

BlindSite posted:

I'd wager they'll have a game plan for new york, atlanta and tampa similar to what they did today. Big shots down field early hoping to crack a couple of big ones and then rest the guys shortly after the half. At least in the next two weeks they're not exactly facing defensive juggernauts so it'll be possible to do that. I'd like to go 16-0 but gently caress I was nervous at one point there was Olsen, Stewart and Luke all being assessed on the sideline.

poo poo, even the one play that Cam came out for was scary. For as exciting and well played the game was, there were way too many injury scares to significant guys.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I hope that mom from Tennessee saw this and got the vapors again.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

he is so awesome

great, im gay

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Until they have the #1 seed locked, they have plenty to play for. And the Cardinals aren't obliging by losing games. But if any remaining games are blowouts like this, id like them to start the Derek Anderson experience even earlier than the fourth quarter.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Hulk hoganing down the entire field is amazing beyond words.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Totally Gay4Cam but if they go 19-0 I'm killing myself

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

:ohdearsass:

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
At least one cat team will do something this year

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Caste Football might do that too, so we all appreciate your sacrifice man.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

ozymandius1024 posted:

Caste Football might do that too, so we all appreciate your sacrifice man.

Just imagine what would happen if the Panthers go 19-0 and Cam Newton wins MVP and SB MVP...
:allears:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

BasicFunk posted:

Just imagine what would happen if the Panthers go 19-0 and Cam Newton wins MVP and SB MVP...
:allears:

Thousands of men die around the country from all their blood leaving their body to their penises.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Today I learned TED GINN JR was still alive

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Go Panthers, it's up to you know to bring a Lombardi to a cat team this season.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

If they do 18-1 will become a footnote.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

More of Cam owning :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udHmx3H6bi8

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Panthers going 19-0 would own but you killing yourself would not be, SHRIMP

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

I posted this in the 1pm GDT, but t his seems like a good place too:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stupid Dick posted:

I posted this in the 1pm GDT, but t his seems like a good place too:

is this that ctrl alt del miscarriage meme?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Bene is a good role player its a shame he's out, he's not the best corner in the league and has a bit of a habit of giving up a big play but he could run with guys and was decent in run support. I suppose the one silver lining is that Tillman should be back soon and Finnegan has played well even though he was out of the league for 11 weeks in the last two games.

With Tillman and Finnegan in the line up the back end should be OK, it won't be as strong as it would've been, obviously but definitely strong enough.

I gotta wonder how the Panthers want to go moving forward, at the end of the day there's nothing left to play for other than 16-0 but is it worth risking injuries? My guess would be the teams going to be quick to pull guys, Rivera said pregame that he's been apart of some undefeated runs before in his time and when guys have been rested they've been rusty when they come back for an important game.

Biggest problem with Bene being out and Tillman still dinged up is the upcoming colin jones experience. I'm having nightmares of ODB jr lining up in the slot next week and blowing past him.

I think overall you're absolutely right. The Panthers are going to try to strike early and demoralize people. They need to pull the starters faster than they did today. Honestly the game was over at 28-0, Cam didn't need to be in the second half at all.

The olsen injury was horrifying but looks to be nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
God I love the Panthers.

• Locked thread