Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

The olsen injury was horrifying but looks to be nothing.

I don't want to think about what it would do to the offense if he was seriously injured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

Sent from my iPad posted:

It's becoming increasingly difficult to hate Cam.

:smith:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Sent from my iPad posted:

It's becoming increasingly difficult to hate Cam.

:smith:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
"i hate cam newton"

- dumb wrong guy

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I like the Panthers. I believe they will go 16-0 then win the Super Bowl. Then my father will love me again.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

let me tell you something you'd never seen Johnny Unitas do something like that therefore Cam is bad and not good and (whole buncha dogwhistle words) and Tom Brady is the real MVP.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I'll only fully embrace a 19-0 Panthers after the Seahawks are eliminated and only if it means that the Patriots or Broncos won't win the Super Bowl.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Real hurthling! posted:

is this that ctrl alt del miscarriage meme?

lmao. no its not

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
the panthers are loving badass. cam newton is a certified g and luke kuechly is a bonafide stud. they are the reason i am in first place in my fantasy league. cam has perfect teeth and is a good role model to children and is my current favorite player in the nfl, shortly followed by antonio brown and odell beckham jr, because your boy nick watches for entertainment first and foremost. lets go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kmeFXjjGfk

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to hate on Carolina and Cam, but I can't. Cam appears to have taken a huge step forward this year and you can't watch him and not just smile. Keuchly is if not THE best, one of the best line backers in the game, and Greg Olsen is just loving awesome. Carolina is both cool and good.

That being said, they are division rivals so gently caress them and I hope they lose in heart breaking fashion in the playoffs to the Seahawks again. :colbert:

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Has resting your starters for the playoffs ever actually worked? I seem to recall Indy going one and done pretty much every time they tried, and wasn't it KC who rested their starters, then the loss allowed the other team to qualify and beat KC again in the first round? If there was any statistical evidence it worked, Belichick would've have done it himself by now and I can't recall that ever actually happening.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
The year of 18-1 the Giants and Patriots could have both rested their starters when they met in week 17 and instead both teams went all out in a great game.

They both obviously made the Super Bowl)

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

SlipUp posted:

Has resting your starters for the playoffs ever actually worked?

Didn't hurt the Saints in 2009-10; starters rested the last two weeks after the initial loss.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
If anyone is on the fence regarding if the Panthers own or not please have Josh Norman and Terrell Owens making fun of Rodney Harrison for using steroids http://tmi.me/1fb5ct

J_No24
@J_No24

Preach! RT @terrellowens: I could less about Rodney Harrison! Anybody tht using steroids, yes STEROIDS rodney, is a cheater & cheated the game!

Case closed, Panthers own imo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Sir, uh sir, it was HGH. Please get your facts straight.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Shath Hole posted:

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to hate on Carolina and Cam, but I can't. Cam appears to have taken a huge step forward this year and you can't watch him and not just smile. Keuchly is if not THE best, one of the best line backers in the game, and Greg Olsen is just loving awesome. Carolina is both cool and good.

That being said, they are division rivals so gently caress them and I hope they lose in heart breaking fashion in the playoffs to the Seahawks again. :colbert:

Keuchly isn't even the best linebacker on his own team.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
poo poo AJ Klein gets like 5 snaps a game and he would probably start on any other team in the league. Linebacker depth is insane on this team.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

MrLogan posted:

Keuchly isn't even the best linebacker on his own team.

You are talking about Thomas Davis? Yeah, gently caress they are stacked at that position.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So if the Panthers go undefeated who is gonna go crazy like Mercury Morris

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Well he's still alive so why not him?

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

ulmont posted:

Didn't hurt the Saints in 2009-10; starters rested the last two weeks after the initial loss.

Worked out real well IIRC

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I feel like the title of this thread should be "The Caroline Panthers Are Fur Real".

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Haha this owns.

Too bad the Seahawks will crush Cam Newton's dreams come playoff time. :hawksin:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Josh Norman.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I now see what you meant.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I almost want the Pats to get to the Super Bowl so they can just get trounced and embarrassed. I think I would like that...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Parmesan Basil posted:

I almost want the Pats to get to the Super Bowl so they can just get trounced and embarrassed. I think I would like that...
same

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Shaq Thompson is also looking like a cool guy.

I loving love me some Dave Gettleman (thanks, Mr. Accorsi!)

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Shath Hole posted:

You are talking about Thomas Davis? Yeah, gently caress they are stacked at that position.

Thomas Davis is awesome and I'm glad he's finally getting some respect this year.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Too bad Hogan would never agree to let him do that

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

ZenVulgarity posted:

Too bad Hogan would never agree to let him do that

Not until Cam's next contract will he be good enough brother.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Funny enough, I think Cam and Norman congratulate each other more than any other defensive/offensive pair during the games.

Guess it takes a good fight to really bring folks together.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Not to get all :corsair: but two dudes being cool with each other after a fight isn't a new thing.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

FizFashizzle posted:

Not to get all :corsair: but two dudes being cool with each other after a fight isn't a new thing.

I do not believe Steve Smith and Ken Lucas exchange Christmas cards. :)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Cam Newton represents everything football should be

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

three posted:

I do not believe Steve Smith and Ken Lucas exchange Christmas cards. :)

Yeah but Steve Smith is an rear end in a top hat. Cam and Norman just got into it and got over it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

FizFashizzle posted:

Neither of them had their jaw broken

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Neither of them had their jaw broken

Steve smith fights to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

C. Everett Koop posted:

Not until Cam's next contract will he be good enough brother.

Cams never going to be white

• Locked thread