Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ribsauce posted:

My girlfriend got me a Mike Tolbert jersey for Christmas. I freaked out like a little kid. I saw the jersey and was like "Oh sweet, I bet it is Cam, or maybe Luke, could be Josh Norman" then I saw the 35 and freaked out.

Everyone I know knows I love Tolbert, but I can't believe she actually got me a Tolbert jersey. I probably have to go back to when I was like 12 to find a present I was so excited about.

Well, thanks for letting me share.

lock that down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
When I texted my friends the picture of the gift that was the universal opinion.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Booklegger posted:

Do the Panthers even have fans "across the country" at all? New enough team, a city that's growing, not shrinking, etc.

Barbeque sandwich tray, no slaw, corndog & hush puppies for sides; Shake for the drink, chocolate w/Reese's cups.

This is old, but I'm a Panthers fan in Seattle, and consider myself a true fan because when people back at home were complaining about Cam not being white a leader, and looking longingly at the Cowboys and Redskins, I was paying good money to watch Jimmy loving Clausen being coached by John Fox giving negative fucks live while I battled the 12th man barbarian hordes hungry for blood, and Jerry Richardson keeping his money close, knowing he was about to cause a lockout.

I'm happy, and maybe we'll do it and Cam Newton will be happy.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

BlindSite posted:

lock that down

Preach

Also, glad you got a new av. poo poo is nice

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

NickRoweFillea posted:

Late but any southerner who denies sweet tea and fried chicken must humble himself under my mighty hand so that i may lift you up in due time (Nick 3:16) oh hell yeah

Sweet tea is an abomination unto God.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ribsauce posted:

When I texted my friends the picture of the gift that was the universal opinion.
Put a ring on it.

Also put a bunch of onion rings in your mouth to approximate the shape of Tolbert.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

Sweet tea is an abomination unto God.

Look at this loving awful opinion.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Sweet tea is fuckin gross but enjoy your 'betes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You get it Unsweetened

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

AAA DOLFAN posted:

You get it Unsweetened

So ...tea?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Ice black is hella refreshing, but I do like to make sweet tea on occasion. I like both. But the sweet tea has to have a bunch of lemon.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Lemon in any tea is gross and horrible imo

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Iced coffee is better than any tea drink.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z36Xadupn5c

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Guys, real quick, hear me out. I was thinking about sweet tea, Cook Out, Bojangles, Hardees (another epic NC fast food chain), vinegar barbecue, and it dawned on me why this thread exists....

Cam Newton is awesome.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Hardees is pretty great. There isn't one conveniently located in South Charlotte and it makes me sad.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I thought it was called Carl's Jr in the south east. Memory must be failing me. Whatever, anyone making GBS threads on southern food and drink can gently caress right off of the Carolina thread imo.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Volkerball posted:

I thought it was called Carl's Jr in the south east. Memory must be failing me. Whatever, anyone making GBS threads on southern food and drink can gently caress right off of the Carolina thread imo.

Its the same thing with a different name

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Volkerball posted:

Nah, it's Carl's Jr out west. Wyoming and Oklahoma have both.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I hope every single one of you drowns in razors.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Ribsauce posted:

My girlfriend got me a Mike Tolbert jersey for Christmas. I freaked out like a little kid. I saw the jersey and was like "Oh sweet, I bet it is Cam, or maybe Luke, could be Josh Norman" then I saw the 35 and freaked out.

Everyone I know knows I love Tolbert, but I can't believe she actually got me a Tolbert jersey. I probably have to go back to when I was like 12 to find a present I was so excited about.

Well, thanks for letting me share.

She put a jersey on it, time to put a ring on it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Don't do it ribsauce

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

lmao if you drink anything nonalcoholic

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Carolina Panthers are the best team to bandwagon on in NFL history

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Don't post me thanks.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Don't post me thanks.

Dab, its prom

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Really, Manas?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The idea of a Panthers bandwagon is kind of a crazy one to me but it's apparently real. Wanted to treat myself to some new gear for the playoffs and every possible thing I liked was sold out online. I actually had to go to the team store, and despite walking in there on a Wednesday afternoon, it was mobbed. I know I shouldn't be shocked that people like a winner, but it wasn't too long ago that we were suffering through a 2-14 season and Jimmy loving Clausen being our quarterback.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

RumbleFish posted:

The idea of a Panthers bandwagon is kind of a crazy one to me but it's apparently real. Wanted to treat myself to some new gear for the playoffs and every possible thing I liked was sold out online. I actually had to go to the team store, and despite walking in there on a Wednesday afternoon, it was mobbed. I know I shouldn't be shocked that people like a winner, but it wasn't too long ago that we were suffering through a 2-14 season and Jimmy loving Clausen being our quarterback.

I've been a Panthers fan my whole life, having been born and partially raised in NC, but they weren't a fun team to watch until very recently. I've liked the Cowboys, too, and even when they were losing tons of games they still had exciting stars. Carolina has just been boring. I love Cam and have since draft day, and I am so happy that he will win MVP. He is definitely my favorite NFL player, by far.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

blue squares posted:

I've been a Panthers fan my whole life, having been born and partially raised in NC, but they weren't a fun team to watch until very recently. I've liked the Cowboys, too, and even when they were losing tons of games they still had exciting stars. Carolina has just been boring. I love Cam and have since draft day, and I am so happy that he will win MVP. He is definitely my favorite NFL player, by far.

Cam is also my favorite.

An adult Russell Wilson if you will.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Phillips arena is nothing but panthers jerseys tonight lol

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Piggles posted:

Sometimes you have to get beyond yourself in order to be happy.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

blue squares posted:

Yeah, I mean, I get it. I've been a lifelong fan as well for the same reasons. But that's what makes it so wild to see the amount of love and hype the Panthers are getting from people who aren't in the Carolinas. It's so hard for small market teams to get attention on this scale, even when they're playing well. I'll concede that "undefeated" is on a different level than just "playing well," and the social media age magnifies sports commentary, but still. Not used to it, is all. (It's fun, so I'm not complaining.)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Piggles posted:

Cam is also my favorite.

Cam gives rich kids in the front row game balls, Wilson visits dying children in the hospital. I think we know who the adult is.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Cam gives rich kids in the front row game balls, Wilson visits dying children in the hospital. I think we know who the adult is.

dude its not the kids fault that their parents are rich assholes, and a game ball handed to you is a present to any child, rich or poor. What he does is cool.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
Wilson only visits kids in the hospital to try to sell them Recovery Water

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Chichevache posted:

Rich people are in suites, you pleb.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Rabble posted:

She put a jersey on it, time to put a ring on it.
What if I told you her childhood/second favorite team is the Steelers?

then I bet you would say

FizFashizzle posted:

Don't do it ribsauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Ribsauce posted:

What if I told you her childhood/second favorite team is the Steelers?

then I bet you would say

No one is perfect.

• Locked thread