Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kylo's basically the same character as Anakin, though not as interesting since he's being influenced by the bad guys, while Anakin was being influenced by the Jedi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

Even better: Remake Star Wars: Jedi Academy, but replace Jaden with Ben Solo and have the Dark Side ending be canon for once

Anyone else annoyed that Han and Leia named their son after:

a) someone Leia never met
b) someone Han only knew for like a hour.

Might as well have named him after Lobot.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

I mean he was responsible for setting in motion the events that reunited her with her long lost brother and ended the Empire.

Its more odd that they chose his weird hermit alias than his real name.

By hiding the fact that they were siblings. And that their father was Darth Vader. I mean, really all he did was negotiate plane tickets and flip a switch. That's not "Name our kid after him" status.

Should've named him Wedge. Now there was someone who got things done!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Its because they chose Leia to live as royalty and luke a white trash dirt farmer. Thats name worthy

Did they ever do an Infinities were Luke was raised as a prince on Alderaan, and Leia just wanted to go to Toche Station to pick up some power converters?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

jivjov posted:

I always thought Bail raised Leia on bedtime stories about how badass his old friend Jedi Obi-Wan was.

That's how it seemed. The message she sent wasn't like someone addressing someone they knew, only someone they knew of.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Too late that goes to Rogue One The Force Awakens

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The pod races being run by the space-mafia is a fairly important plot point; Quigon gets away with cheating by threatening to have Watto whacked.

It's also part of the theme that 'there's always a bigger fish'. Watto is a minor nuisance compared to this planet-wide criminal empire.

And Jabba has such a stranglehold that Watto makes a joke about Qui-Gon being a Jedi, because in his mind, no Jedi would dare come out there.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The funny thing is, either version, is that Han, hiding from a crime boss he's on the run from, chose to hang out on the very planet the crime lord is based.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

A bunch of "If" scenarios, but here we go:

Since movies studios are no longer limiting their films to trilogies, if Lucas hadn't sold the films to Disney, and if he hadn't made the prequels when he had, but instead decided to make them now, do you think he would have felt the need to contain it to three films? Sure, there's the whole Episode 1, 2, 3 numbering, but there would be no reason to say TPM is Ep 1, and AotC is Ep 2, but here's this side story with Obi-Wan and Anakin that takes place in between?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

Also a great opportunity for nerd anger if they legends-ize all previous forms of measurement in the setting by arbitrarily explaining how long a parsec is differently.

Turns out Han was saying "parseck", not "parsec"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ingmar terdman posted:

I wonder if a few years' improvement on the CGI face mask from Rogue One will result in the perfect Harrison Faux-rd

Doubtful. They can't make a toy likeness of him look good.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ingmar terdman posted:

Ben Burtt owns. RIP you were the Imperial officer in the Endor bunker who said freeze and got a box thrown into your poo poo and you fell over the one guard rail in the galaxy

Never understood that. Was the bunker just the top part of a larger, buried structure?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

There's also the minute possibility that Chewbecca may have eaten them at later point.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Are the Jedi actually the bad guys?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I watch Return of the Jedi first, pause it right when Luke unmasks Vader, and then watch 1-5, then finish off Return of the Jedi so it makes sense.

I hope you pause it, zoom in on Vader, and say "I bet you're wondering how I got into this mess" before watching 1-5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Thread title: I'm tired of all these Star Wars

• Locked thread