Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Danger posted:

Going by Lucas's reactions they'll be really safe, vanilla films. Probably not as good or interesting as the prequels

is.. is this some sort of bait?:wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

SuperMechaGodzilla posted:

The prequels are controversial, subversive, and visually engaging. Maybe the new one will be, but Lucas's quip seems to have a good bit of subtext to it.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

you said the rlm quote, now im going to snark you to death about how the prequels are actually cool and good and youre just a mindless sheep in a circlejerk! :smug:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
really looking forward to Rouge One, but also a little worried because it seems a bit rushed to me

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

mr.capps posted:

boy, i don't know about you guys, but i love star wars

no SHUT UP people need to read my c+ film class 1101 analysis!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

paint dry posted:

I don't really want to start this conversation, but it's mainly nerds who hate it.

appeals to the laymen?

really?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
okay this is driving me crazy, i gotta ask:

Why do people insist the whole "Yoda using a lightsaber" thing is completely out of character? Where in the OT did yoda make it clear that he didnt use it?

thats literally the only thing i disagree with RLM on

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

therobotking posted:

As a brit i find the american cinema experience very strange (Assuming youre in america of course, I hear it alot from them). Nobody claps or cheers in the cinema here. If you do anything but laugh you'll get very disapproving looks and maybe even a tut. You wouldn't applaud a nice painting or a song on the radio right? Whats the appeal in clapping at a movie screen?

:goonsay:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

MrBigglesworth posted:

Yeah but going out of your way to say, SEE, LOOK HOW PROGRESSIVE AND INCLUSIVE WE ARE! Kind of ruins it, instead of letting it be what it is, they have to harp on it.

where do you see any of that in the trailer?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
let me tell you all how Both Sides Are Equally Wrong on gender politics!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

:suicide:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I don't mean "the audience" as a whole - I was talking about the kind of audience member who will complain about a movie for 15 years. Because for some reason certain audience members (let's call them "nerds") have been obsessed with these movies for a decade. Who actually "express their dislike of these movies for over 15 years"? If you think about that objectively, it's completely insane. Normal people don't complain about a movie series long enough between age demographics, let alone a bad movie series. It's psychotic.

because only NEERRDDS dislike the prequels? you cant just be an average joe who happens to know poo poo when he sees it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Pegahsa_bbo/status/817694584490770433

• Locked thread