Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Frackie Robinson posted:

So was the Sypho Dias who ordered the clone army made just Sidious/Palpatine with Groucho Marx glasses on?

he was until sypho dias was made into a real character

i don't know if he is mention in clone wars, so hopefully that is part of the eu that got wiped out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sypho Dias used to been awesome because its so obviously a joke name by Sidious and you can tell he is laughing at everyone but then they had to make Sypho into a real person.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Waffles Inc. posted:

he is in clone wars

gently caress

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Neurolimal posted:

Obi-Wan befriends a clone commander, though?

Its his R2-D2. Obi-Wan is just robot racist, but he isn't clone racist :unsmith:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its probably going to be mostly Poe they are adding stuff for isn't it? I mean a few more bits for finn and rey here and there sure, but I'm betting they are upping poe's role a lot more.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

LesterGroans posted:

All Hux all the time, baby

i would be fine with this

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you really need to shut up forever

ha i am being funny, because i am referencing your red text, and also that is funny, because its true

comedy sure is great

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

rear end Catchcum posted:

Look at my join date. Then look at yours.

you registered on the typically shortest day of the year?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

rear end Catchcum posted:

Ok also go read all the new features the iPhone 7 will have.

Yes, it was delayed. It was going to be delayed. It's more because 1) it's a huge Hollywood film, there are delays and 2) marketing. It's not a sudden realization, "huh, maybe these clearly lead characters should be a big part of the next installment." Use you head.

Of course rear end Catchcum would want you to use the head.

man i am just hitting all these jokes out of the park.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hmm, just realized every male child born this year will be named Poe.

Too bad it won't be the superior name, Hux.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I dunno, I am betting Poe is almost normal enough to crossover.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think you mean Hux Sux hahaha but no Hux is cool

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Didn't the clone wars kinda had an episode about the whole balance to the force thing, with those weird living embodiment of the force beings?

I don't remember much of it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
anything that you can call of a "school" is filled with "vaporous" jargon to be fair

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
for example, the school of rock! i had no idea what they were talking about in that movie!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Beeez posted:

Okay, you put scare quotes around vaporous, are you arguing that it actually all makes perfect sense and any and all schools of philosophy and critical theory are valid and exactly as intellectually honest as they claim to be?

i am making a joke uber nerd

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Vintersorg posted:

Cnut is a pretty good poster iMO :)

I remember a time when I hated Cnut because of how he was in some other thread. But now I love Cnut. Cnut good.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There are bits of LoGH where it gets really close to feeling like the tie fighter anime people want.

If you like history or space operas than yeah LoGH is a must watch.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tender Bender posted:

Cnut is a loving terrible poster who shits up every page of this thread with literally thousands of words that are all saying "I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level".

i don't think that is tru-

Cnut the Great posted:

I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level.

I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level.

I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level.

I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level.

I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level. I'm unable to understand the simplest film conventions or cinematic language on any level.

wait-a-minute, what the hell?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Phylodox posted:

Did you just put on a kickin' rad pair of sunglasses?

This is important.

Yeah, some crazy dude just gave them to me. He said "The Ring Cycle is false and Lucas is a hack" as he handed them to me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Only my R2DChew, but I'm about out.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i just like cnut's posts, they are just fun, i still think the prequels are poo poo though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh hey guys just checking out my favorite thread oh its tezzor again

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
uhh rpgs are good tezzor

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Tezzor take back what you said about RPGs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Red posted:

Iron Man 3 is the worst.

Tony Stark makes a bunch of terrible decisions, including outfitting himself with an untested suit of armor to battle a new villain. Hilariously, this new suit slams into his junk, fails at the worst possible times, and generally, we see Tony do his best to get rid of the thing. Because we want to see an Iron Man film with no Iron Man.

Don Cheadle is a terrible, personality-less War Machine.

Then, at the end, he gets some miracle surgery to fix his heart thing that... all of a sudden, he can just have done, instantly negating any tension/need for the Iron Man suit in the first place.

Also, it's filled with lovely generic scowling goons who are bad actors, there's a completely pointless scene where he saves tons of people who fell out of a plane (with everyone smiling and waving at the end), and the villain sucks. Oh, and Happy somehow figures out the "mystery" crime scene, that the FBI or whoever couldn't, by finding clues in plain sight.

The only redeeming part was Ben Kingsley.

gently caress Iron Man 3.

???

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
cinema sins has an account on here?!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Elfgames posted:

like they were trying really hard to make them look like practical effects instead of good.

lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
they spent too much time making the real stuff look real guys

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

cargohills posted:

A practical effect looking like an obvious puppet does not make it look real.

if only they spent more time not making it look like a puppet, instead of making it look like a puppet

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
droids are slaves the end

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
droids are people, a lot of them are slaves, it seems the perception of droids have postively progress from return to TFA though with how people treat bb-8, probably has to do with something about r2d2 being a hero

this isn't that hard to figure out

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if you don't think droids are people you are just simply bad at watching movies. like its that simple. you suck, at watching movies.

it isn't that hard of thing to comprehend and get.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the droid argument is somehow worse than all the prequel arguments jesus christ

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Yorkshire Tea posted:

If I made a robot with sentience I would never ever program the ability for that robot to exert free will. As in, it would be legitimately impossible for that droid to ever even conceive of freedom or what to do with it. To do otherwise is opening up a giant can of worms for robot rebellion. I would allow for independent thought along any other line. (Note I don't even want to get into the loving can of worms that is whether you should make this robot to begin with)

Absent knowledge of how droids in Star Wars work, a droid that I programmed in the way that I described above could literally do everything that R2 and C3P0 would ever do, but would never ever want to be free. That is to say it is impossible for them to even understand the concept, let alone desire it.

Given this, a person, informed by knowledge of robotics could watch Star Wars and just assume that droids had this programming. When you have no desire to be free, not even an ability to conceive of what freedom is (which even the most indoctrinated people can have) and no motivation to do so, how are you equivalent to a person?

its funny because reading this post i get the feeling you are a robot

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would suspect that guy is a robot because he types like a robot

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Beep boop, If Stars, Then Wars, Beep boop

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
~sigh

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
great gotcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hmm interesting did you know droid spell backwards is the same as forwards?

• Locked thread