Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Super Mario Maker on the other hand, the only flaws I can think of would just be like luxury additions mostly, just because it's hard to gently caress up a level editing/sharing platform for Fairly Perfect platformer rules, which in my opinion turns it into the definitive entry in the 2D Mario Series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The lack of variety is by far the biggest problem with MGSV imo and a big part of why didnt click with certain people I think. I dont think a single conceivable thing about that game bothered me except for the fact that extracting high ranking soldiers out of various arid landscapes constituted way too much of the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think I ever got bored with that for the same reason I'll never get bored of Bloodborne, and it's just because the controls make it so drat satisfying to duck and dive through Africa throwing dudes out of towers.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MGS5 is probably my favorite game of the year but after I beat the main story I havent really touched it for more than 30 minutes at a time since. I don't like open world games and MGS5 is a fun open world game, but it's still an open world game and I don't find those interesting if there's no overall goal. Also the side ops were not very interesting and not enough to keep me going... They were almost the same as just randomly attacking an outpost for resources or W.E. Like I beat the GTA5 story and haven't booted singleplayer since. IDK I have brain aids I think.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think trying to 100% the game might be one of the first times an open world made it fun to do but I also haven't played much of it since October.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Getting S ranks on every mission and doing all of those side tasks was an absolute blast.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

In Training posted:

I don't think I ever got bored with that for the same reason I'll never get bored of Bloodborne, and it's just because the controls make it so drat satisfying to duck and dive through Africa throwing dudes out of towers.

Same. It's also fun to play with completely different loadouts. The amount of options just owns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only part of 100% that was bad was the absolutely brain dead animal trap collecting stuff. That seemed like a half finished system tbh.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

In february, I felt so confident that Bloodborne would be my goty. Then we had Splatoon, MGSV, Super Mario Maker... my goodness. I haven't even bought all of my wishlist!

Triforce heroes, new Xenoblade, Wooly World, to name a few. 2015 will keep us busy and happy for a long time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think next year I'm going to make myself beat games I have before buying new ones because I easily spent like 40% of my income on video games and played about 5% of them. lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

I think next year I'm going to make myself beat games I have before buying new ones because I easily spent like 40% of my income on video games and played about 5% of them. lol

backloggery is cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's stuff I liked from 2015

Pix the Cat
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Majora's Mask 3D
Cities: Skylines
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae 2.0
Bloodborne
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Box Boy!
Splatoon
RONIN
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Super Mario Maker
Dragon Quest Heroes
Yoshi's Woolly World
Legend of Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PC)

Games I still need to play:
Ys VI: The Ark of Nephistim
Galak-Z
Until Dawn
Guitar Hero Live
Shadow Complex Remastered
Devil's Third

Game I didn't like:
Axiom Verge

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or at least play them until I'm sick of them first. Plus who knows, maybe it will bring back some of that childhood feeling of having something to play because it's all you got.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

backloggery is cool
I buy too much poo poo without playing it to even consider bothering to use a backloggery. It's just such a pain in the rear end. I guess I could start next year, as part of my resolution.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

backloggery is cool

It's been good to use recently as my gaming volume has increased. It feels weird to delete a game from it though, like a final Are you sure? Button for giving up.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I buy too much poo poo without playing it to even consider bothering to use a backloggery. It's just such a pain in the rear end. I guess I could start next year, as part of my resolution.

thats kinda what i did, i just started to use it, added stuff installed on my consoles, and just made a list of steam games i really intended to play, and was honest with myself and removed things i knew i wouldnt get around to

if you wanna go fill psycho i think theres a program that can import your entire steam library

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oh lol the ps3 im getting at christmas that i forgot is demons souls

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i thought this was the thread about getting new games and not playing them

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

i thought this was the thread about getting new games and not playing them

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

It's been good to use recently as my gaming volume has increased. It feels weird to delete a game from it though, like a final Are you sure? Button for giving up.

3ds eshop game Bugs vs Tanks was such boring poo poo that I was happy to delete it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

3ds eshop game Bugs vs Tanks was such boring poo poo that I was happy to delete it

I removed all the Umihara Kawase games because they're too hard for me, and then the next day the company announced bankruptcy and shuttered and now I feel bad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Man the last time I used backloggery was 5 years ago. If you want to see what I was doing 5 years ago before I delete it all just so I don't have to do any cross referencing, click here now. http://www.backloggery.com/wormskull

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You're now playing is 23 drat games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

that now playing...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

click the trends tab

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3 Completed Games

Pokemon Snap

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction

Kingdom Hearts II

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Update: I beat Guardian of Light with spambot while she was sobering up from a bunch of benzos and alcohol, in around 2011 or so.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wii Fit: 2/5 Stars

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Wii Fit: 2/5 Stars

lmao

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I too have settled into being a busy adult but my purchasing habits haven't adjusted. If the industry died literally overnight I've got enough games that I haven't played or that I haven't beaten but want to, that I would be set for years if not a decade. Factor in evergreen games like XCOM, Civilization, and Crusader Kings that I could get way more mileage out of as well as multiplayer stuff and I'm pretty sure I never need to buy another game again.

Like I always think "I'll play this game when I have a large chunk of time to set aside for it" but that voice inside of me hasn't yet come to terms with the fact that I'll never have a 3 month summer vacation again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's mine http://backloggery.com/intraining

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wonderful, I'll add you to uhh whatever they call the friends list on this. I have no idea what half the things on this are anymore. What is a Multitap. What is Memory Card for.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I made a Backloggery account months ago but I haven't actually used it since. Part of me just doesn't want to schedule and log my gaming because I think that seems like something I'd do for business, or finances, and gaming isn't that strict I think- it's free, it's spontaneous, it's open, it's gaming.... Just my ¢2.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ive felt awesome this last half year or so playing zelda and mgs games that i kept thinking i should play instead of jsut whatever dumb indie game came out this week

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I feel like I was at a very ironic time in my life when I made this list too because there's a bunch of things I don't even care about now that I gave 5 stars to.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Wonderful, I'll add you to uhh whatever they call the friends list on this. I have no idea what half the things on this are anymore. What is a Multitap. What is Memory Card for.

multitap is the friends list, memory card is their log of your actions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Multitap is the friends list

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is it possible to just mass delete the entire list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I made a Backloggery account months ago but I haven't actually used it since. Part of me just doesn't want to schedule and log my gaming because I think that seems like something I'd do for business, or finances, and gaming isn't that strict I think- it's free, it's spontaneous, it's open, it's gaming.... Just my ¢2.

Seeing my PC games all in steam library is cool and I'm hoping to build a huge list across all platforms like that from this point forward, just so I can see at a glance what I haven't played, since sometimes stuff gets lost in the shuffle.

• Locked thread