Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I wish I had been logging game time my whole life because I was just marveling over how much time I'm going to sink into Xenoblade, and I can compare that to other games I've played recently and games I've beaten once or whatever, but I have no idea how much time I dumped into Perfect Dark or Diablo II or Mario 64. I've beaten Ocarina maybe seven times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I removed all the Umihara Kawase games because they're too hard for me, and then the next day the company announced bankruptcy and shuttered and now I feel bad.

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

Seeing my PC games all in steam library is cool and I'm hoping to build a huge list across all platforms like that from this point forward, just so I can see at a glance what I haven't played, since sometimes stuff gets lost in the shuffle.

I guess that's a good way to look at it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't think any of the MGS games have been flawless, although MGS3 was pretty drat close. But their missteps tend to be interesting.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Does beating Quake 1 and the Mission Packs on Nightmare difficulty count as Mastered or just Completed, for the purposes of this site.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mastered must mean like I did it without using quick saves or something probably.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Idk

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Does beating Quake 1 and the Mission Packs on Nightmare difficulty count as Mastered or just Completed, for the purposes of this site.

its totally up to you

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

(M) Mastered - A personal challenge designed to be extremely tough, usually beyond the scope of built-in gameplay difficulty.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Quake

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It also gave me that one but for Minecraft which made me not as impressed, unfortunately.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
2016 is starting off strong with the new Fire emblem on 3DS... God it's good to be a gamer. I wish I could show my young mind stuff like Bloodborne and MGSV just to see how much I'd be freaking out.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I bought Animal Crossing New Leaf in April and have put over 220 hours into it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

My personal thought is, Beaten = Credits, Completed = 100%/Platinum equivalent, Mastered = Did a challenge run

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I've decided to just add the games I've owned... If I added all the games I ever played (rented, played at friends, borrowed from friends etc.) this would take ages.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't add anything old, I just started fresh. I'm not going to bother with that task, too monumental

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
It's almost disturbing how many epicly dope games came out this year, you would surely go insane trying to play themall

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

It's almost disturbing how many epicly dope games came out this year, you would surely go insane trying to play themall

youd be insane not to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chill Penguin posted:

It's definitely a legendary year. 2016 will be awesome too

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm reminded of sometthing someone once posted in one of these types of threads..

"Every subsequent year is the best year for gaming, because it includes every previously released game as well. it's never been a better time to be a gamer than this exact moment. Until tomorrow..."

(I'm paraphrasing)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I didn't add anything old, I just started fresh. I'm not going to bother with that task, too monumental

I'm just going to add everything I can remember and update it as I remember new ones.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Alright other than forgetting games from 20 years ago I think I got all my console poo poo up to date... And non-steam/gog/origin PC stuff.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Now to add the 600 something games I own on a digital distribution platform. :gonk:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Now to add the 600 something games I own on a digital distribution platform. :gonk:

heres a free gog game http://www.gog.com/game/worms_forts_under_siege

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't want it. GOG.com's is done... Now Origin...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Alright... Time for Steam... See you folks later.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

Alright... Time for Steam... See you folks later.

Later.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My goty is a toss up between MGSV and Bloodborne, they're both damned amazing games for someone like me that likes to make my own challenges and limit myself after I'm familiar with all of the mechanics of a game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Though I think I played more Isaac than both games combined so far this year. That expansion is incredible.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm halfway through the F's.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Wormskull posted:

I'm halfway through the F's.
How about you just update us when you're done pal?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Anyone else getting a little sick of Bill's attitude.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
He sucks.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Anyone else getting a little sick of Bill's attitude.
This hipster gamer certainly is.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

also I can't believe I didn't mention Isaac Afterbirth

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
mgsv is definitely my goty but i haven't touched it in over a month. besides lacking a few missions and features that could have fully tied off all the loose ends, i don't feel like i got an unfinished product. i guess i'm just sad that it ended, really.

i think it would greatly benefit the game if it had some dlc that expanded on customizing challenges for missions or had some more quirky side ops like in peacewalker. poo poo, make battle gear operational postgame and let the player go nuts with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

a gamer's job

• Locked thread