Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I bought a Vita lol

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pablo Gigante posted:

I bought a Vita lol

Congrats.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I bought a Vita lol

Welcome to the party, pal

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
You were warned, now enjoy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just charged my vita last night so I can delete and redownload the games I want to play on vacation because I only have one 4gig card.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gamestop has 16 gig cards on sale for $20 and that's part of the reason I ended up buying a Vita

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I just charged my vita last night so I can delete and redownload the games I want to play on vacation because I only have one 4gig card.

i think i have an extra, maybe a 8 gig, i could send you so you suffer less

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Can't wait to play Memories of Celceta and P4G

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Gamestop has 16 gig cards on sale for $20 and that's part of the reason I ended up buying a Vita

Oh! Tempting...but I don't even know if I'm ever going to buy another game for my Vita after Nuclear Throne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i think i have an extra, maybe a 8 gig, i could send you so you suffer less

If anything I'll pick up the GameStop deal. Thank you for the offer though

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

If anything I'll pick up the GameStop deal. Thank you for the offer though

http://www.amazon.com/16GB-PlayStat...ds=16gb+ps+vita

16gb for twenty bucks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ty. But I checked the GameStop near me and they have the same price for the 16gb that I'm going to pick up after work

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i finally pulled the trigger, bit the bullet, and ordered a vita tv.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Imp Zone posters just tripled the profits of the Vita division in Q4 2015.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

"Marketing keeps insisting we do a McDonald's promotion... why now?"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

projections updated to 2970 units sold FY2016

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

did Elite: Dangerous turn out to be good or is it as insanely boring as Games posters make it sound when they praise it? I want a new space shooting game but I don't want to trade stocks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's not like EVE where money is fairly scarce or whatever. In fact money barely matters. So there's no reason to trade stocks if you don't want. Games people just do that because their boring and think they're all financial prodigies. That said, it gets boring kind of quick but the space shooting is fairly good. There's also exploring, transporting, and other stuff to do but it's one of those games where you can already see the end of the game from the beginning and at least for me the reason I got bored of it was I could just imagine all the steps from the beginning to the end and how they would play out and I didn't care much about it anymore. Plus there's a lot of flying in hyperspace that still takes a substantial amount of time and other stuff that just sucks up time for the sake of simulation integrity or whatever.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'll see how it's shaping when all the expansions or whatever are out in, like, 2017

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I might go back to it if they let you customize your character someday, due to me being insane in that regard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should buy the Xbox One Early Access version

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

This holiday season... Turn your Vita on.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
From the outside looking in it seemed like a dope year for games, but the only game I can remember buying is Monster Hunter 4U. Granted I've sunk 200 hours into it so I definitely got my money's worth, but it turns out that moving and getting married in the same summer is really bad for your gaming budget! Who knew? :negative:

I really want a Wii U while they're still "relevant" but also need a new laptop as mine in hella old (and would also let me play the PC games I want to play). Too bad I can't spare the $350 for a Wii U bundle and external drive, to say nothing of spending more than twice that on a laptop. I'll get there someday!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

HolePisser1982 posted:

i finally pulled the trigger, bit the bullet, and ordered a vita tv.

ive been curious about this thing... do you even need an actual playstation of some kind, or can you just stream games straight from psn like a baws?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chill Penguin posted:

ive been curious about this thing... do you even need an actual playstation of some kind, or can you just stream games straight from psn like a baws?

There's no streaming games. It's a vita that plugs into your tv. So basically whatever you can do on a Vita that doesn't require the touch screen, you can do on a Sony tv.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Wait... is that somehow different from PSTV?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PSTV is what they renamed the Vita TV in America.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This subforum is obsessed with using the Japanese names for everything.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah well.. what are you gonna do about it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have like 30 Vita games already just from PS+ and cross-buy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

vita tv is a good name, short and descriptive. playstation tv is not

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I say Super Famicom because that's what it says on my controller. Sometimes, you have to be respectful of something's origin.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

vita tv is a good name, short and descriptive. playstation tv is not

I was mostly talking about the wierdos who call it a PSX instead of a PS1

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

People have been calling it that in the West since before it came out

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Uhhh...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PSX is what it has said on every cheat code website and game journalism website for like 20 years dude...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I didnt even know that was a Japan thing. I thought it's just what you call it for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

PSX sounds cooler.. Vita TV sounds cooler. Things are just better in Japan, the food, the females.

• Locked thread