Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
During this busy holiday season, remember to never ship anything with UPS if you want it to arrive on time (or at all). They are a horrible company and no one should ever do business with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
:agreed:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:borat:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

one time i shipped a network switch in the original packaging it was shipped to me in, complete with the oversized styrofoam inserts and taped it properly

it arrived bent in a U like someone deliberately jumped up and down on it

UPS denied the damage claim and i was too lazy to fight it because it wasnt my switch/money

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

in before shagger somehow turns this into hating the united states postal service, which is in fact both cool and good

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I just got off the phone with UPS after they didn't deliver a package to my office (which has a mail receiving room) because it didn't have an apartment number. The woman kept saying "Yes I understand that there is no apartment number, but we need the apartment number."

I'm going to file a claim to get my money back entirely because their 2-day shipping has taken 7 business days by now.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

agreedo dorito

dost though love my apartment number, ASSNUT?
but thou must!
dost though love my apartment number, ASSNUT?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

no parcel service should ever be used to cross an international border

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ups is pretty good. usps is the one you don't want to ship with. unless of course you want your packages to be stolen or if you want litterral garbage stuffed into your mailbox.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Shaggar posted:

ups is pretty good. usps is the one you don't want to ship with. unless of course you want your packages to be stolen or if you want litterral garbage stuffed into your mailbox.

lol you are so wrong about parcel services you SICK gently caress

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

free saturday delivery + express shipping including sunday + holidays at no extra charge usps supremacy

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

sending small packages under 13 oz from new york to california in 3 days for less than $3 usps supremacy

no extra surcharge to send to hawaii or alaska usps supremacy

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
usps is litterral trash. they fill my mailbox with garbage that I have to throw away. why don't they throw it away for me? the trash bin is right next to the mailboxes for this reason

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

sending small packages under 13 oz from new york to california in 3 days1 for less than $3 usps supremacy

no extra surcharge to send to hawaii or alaska usps supremacy

1. days when package is lost and cant be found in our tracking system not counted

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

1. days when package is lost and cant be found in our tracking system not counted

ive literally never had the usps lose anything

ups has delivered amazon shipments to people that have the same house number but not street number as me on more than one occasion

usps supremacy

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

if a package has to be signed for and you cant be home, only having to go to your nearest post office that's probably just a couple miles away instead of the nearest fedex/ups distribution center thats 20 miles away supremacy

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

ive literally never had the usps lose anything

oh so you've never used usps . ok that makes sense

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

if a package has to be signed for and you cant be home, only having to go to your nearest post office that's probably just a couple miles away instead of the nearest fedex/ups distribution center thats 20 miles away supremacy

lmao yeah your nearest post office that's open from 10am to 4pm and doesn't have it cause it was lost and they're trying to blame it on u not being at home.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

better than lazy ship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB38L2Znl34

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
how appropriate that ups chose brown as their corporate color

pram
Jun 10, 2001

mishaq posted:

in before shagger somehow turns this into hating the united states postal service, which is in fact both cool and good

lol

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Shaggar posted:

unironically agreeing with shaggar

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

which one is amazon prime

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
though one christmas season ups kept giving me a package from ll bean that wasn't mine. the name, street address & state were correct, but the city & zip were not

(i have a common first + last name combo)

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

yard salad posted:

which one is amazon prime

if the shipment is from one of their warehouses thats within 50 miles of me, it seems to be the postal service these days, occasionally lasership aka some dude in a minivan

otherwise its usually ups

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
idk they ship fine in canada op

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
ups more like OOPS am i right guys????

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Migishu posted:

idk they ship fine in canada op

they are ok. purolator is always bad and far away.

Khazred
Oct 2, 2005
Man seriously I worked that poo poo seasonal, kinda curious about industrial design now. Preloading with one smoke break midway.

I worked there one winter, kicked exactly one package out of spite. Sorry dickhead/

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

fedex left a $400 package at my doorstep with no signature and no knock

i just heard a clunk and by time i opened the door the fedex driver had evaporated into the ether

at least he didn't throw it on my roof

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i live in an apartment building and i have two doors, each exits onto a different street.

one of them is in the kitchen and since being able to open that door requires that i leave a shitload of unused space in my kitchen, i've been thinking about blocking that door off.

except for some loving reason UPS delivers to that door even though it's obviously my back door and not where the mailboxes are!!! so i can't block off that door because u never know when you're gonna get a box from ups

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
USPS is amazing and they have never lost a package of mine, but UPS is horrible and loses my poo poo or smashes it for no reason pretty much 100% of the time, I can only assume that UPS is still around because its name is close to USPS, an amazing mail delivery service.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i live in an apartment building and i have two doors, each exits onto a different street.

one of them is in the kitchen and since being able to open that door requires that i leave a shitload of unused space in my kitchen, i've been thinking about blocking that door off.

except for some loving reason UPS delivers to that door even though it's obviously my back door and not where the mailboxes are!!! so i can't block off that door because u never know when you're gonna get a box from ups

put up a sign numbnuts

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

put up a sign numbnuts

what and make him run all the way around just for me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

usps is the best system. 3 day shipping across the country for almost no money. i have never had them lose or destroy a package. post office is right around the corner at the mall, ups distro center is in the middle of some kafkaesque maze of industrial parks by the airport. post office mail-lady delivers things at 10am. ups comes by at 6pm.

also, lest the shaggars and libertarians say anything about taxes, the usps is entirely self-funded with the sale of stamps and boxes and stuff

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it is literally unconstitutional to be against the usps

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i shipped 3 things all less than half a pound ups and it was 40 fuckin dollars lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
ups and fedex et al only beat out the usps by it not being a felony to ship alcohol via them w/o a license

• Locked thread